CHAPTER 4: Meet With A Fox
603 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a clearing in the forest, I came across a fox that was completely white with only the tip of its tail blue.

The fox was resting in the clearing while I was hiding behind the bushes.

"Why is this fox sitting in the clearing, isn't it so dangerous?" I asked to my system assistant Alice.

(Host I think you should use [identify] to find out why.)

[Identify]

[Species: Glacier Fox] (Three Tailed)

[Gender: Female]

[Grade: [Uncommon] ]

[Divine Ability: ?]

[Hp: ?/?]

[Skills: Rip(Lv4), Sharp Claws (Lv4), Hide (Lv4), Ice Needle (Lv4) Glacier Strike (Lv3), Ice Bolt (Lv3), Telepathy, Transformation]

"This fox is really strong! But when I look at her status it says she has three tails but as far as I can see she only has one tail."

(The host, this fox has the [hide] skill so she can hide her tails.)

"If I'm to guess, isn't it because this fox shows herself weak? She shows herself weak so that she can surprise those who will attack her."

(True, host, I think that's why, but we don't know the fox's mindset so it would be best to talk to her.)

"Alice, how am I going to talk to that fox? So I can talk to you, but I haven't talked to anyone else. Also, we talk to you through my mind, but when I use my mouth, it only makes a roaring sound."

(Host, can you see the last two skills on the fox?)

"Telepathy and transformation. What skills are these?"

(Host telepathy is a vital skill for beast breeds. This skill is used for communication. The transformation skill shows that this fox can take human form. In other words, this fox can both talk to humans in human form and telepathically talk to other races.)

"Well, I guess the best way would be to talk to her"

(Host, beware. This fox is hiding her powers, so the skills you see now are either her weakest skills or weakened versions of her original skills.)

"I-I see."

Slowly and cautiously, I started walking towards the white-blue fox in front of me. Immediately, when I came in front of the fox, I stopped my movements.

"If I move my claw to lift it and prod it, it might stab something like an ice nail into my head. I've seen enough action movies to understand this kind of thing, and I have no intention of experiencing it."

"There is only one solution left."

I started to poke the fox using my nose.

'When I do this, I literally look like a pet trying to wake its owner. But in the end, this is my only way to both learn common sense and become stronger.' I thought.

*FFWWOOSSHH

The white-blue fox suddenly stood up and pointed the ice needle at me.

"What is your purpose in waking a sleeping fox?" White-blue fox said. But the strange thing was that I could hear the fox's voice in my mind.

"Wait, wait, wait, I wasn't trying to hurt you. Please don't kill me!" I suddenly spoke for the life of me but for some reason she was looking at me as if she was still waiting for an answer.

"Hey! Answer! Now!"

"I've already answered."

"Why are not you talking? Or can't you speak?" Seeing the incomprehensible look on my face.

"Oh I see. Maybe you don't know telepathy."

*Nod Nod

I immediately started nod.

"Sigh... Fine I'll teach you."

Then she started explaining to me the basics of telepathy and how to use it.

[Ding!]

[You have learned about the [Telepathy] skill. Do you want to fully understand the skill and make it usable by using 3 skill points and 20 divine coins?]

"Alice, why does it use both skill points and divine coins to understand this skill?" I asked to Alice.

(The host will use skill points to get the telepathy skill. But to directly master the skill, divine coins will be required.)

"I see. Then use it."

[Ding!]

[You acquired the skill [Telepathy] for 3 skill points and 20 divine coins.]

In an instant, information about how to use the skill was given to my mind.

"C-can you understand me?" I asked while using the skill.

"Wow you sound really handsome. Now that we can talk, tell me why you approached me." She asked in a threatening voice.

"I didn't mean anything bad, I was just walking around and I saw you sleeping in the open and wanted to check if you were okay. I swear." I said with fear. Because this fox is so powerful.

She continued to stare at me for a while with her piercing blue eyes.

"All right, I'll believe you. Where do you live?" She asked.

"There's a cave up ahead, I was born there so I live there." I answered.

"All right, my roommate, show me the way."

"R-Roommate?" I said with shock.

"What, are you refusing?" She asked in a cold voice.

"O-of course not. I hope we can get along well."

"Then show the way."

And we started to return to the cave with the fox next to me.

"And this is the cave where I live." When we reached the cave, I told the fox next to me.

"Why are there no leaves or plants?" Fox asked.

"For why? Why would I need leaves or plants?" I asked back.

"For bed, of course. So you were lying on the cold stone floor?"

"Well, I haven't slept at all yet so I didn't need it."

"Huh? Wait a minute, were you born today?" She asked with surprised face and voice.

"Y-yes."

'Sigh... I guess I was a little too harsh on him. Just born today.' Fox thought.

"Oh lady fox may I know your name?" I asked to fox.

"You don't know because you were just born. Namely, don't tell anyone but your friends, always use a fake name. Especially against humans and if you are going to encounter a human anyway, never be in beast form, either find a beast transformation pool or evolve until you reach the required evolution. Because if a person wants to enslave you, they will have to suppress you and dominate your mind, and the best way to achieve this is to learn your name. After all, the name is engraved in the soul."

At that moment, the system message when I gave myself a name came to my mind.

"But don't worry, you can say your names to each other among the beast races. But always call beast races 'comrade', although some tend to belittle other races because of their race."

"By the way, what is your race?" She asked.

"I'm a dragon but I haven't experienced my first evolution yet so I don't have a full type name." I asnwered.

"Pff... Hahahahah... Okay, you can forget some of what I said." She started to laugh.

========================

Join My Patr*on

https://www.patr*on.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

delete this (*) mark.

13