CHAPTER 14: Heavenly Demon’s Quest (II)
185 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Demonic Qi]

[A qi that is very harmful to humans and those living in the other human realm. It is a type of qi that can harm people's minds and change their thoughts. People infected with demonic qi degenerate completely over time. There are cultivation methods where demonic qi can be used. Thanks to your racial protection, you are more resistant to this qi than any other creature.]

I was relieved after reading the description. In the middle of the cave was what looked like a strange black stone on the altar. I walked to the altar and took the black stone and used my [All Knowing Eyes] skill.

[??????? Book]

[Drip your blood to open the book and own it.]

"Is there anything else? Just what does this little explanation mean?"

I still dripped my blood on the book. I don't know what the world thinks about demonic cultivation, but all paths to power are fair after all, I'm not a saint.

The cover of the book suddenly opened and a man with a white beard emerged from it.

"Hahahahahahahahahah... It's been a long time, finally someone found this book and the person who found it is a dragon, I can't tell you how happy I can be." The man talked suddenly.

"Uhm sorry but may I ask who are you?" I asked.

"Oh hahahahah sorry I got carried away. Ahem! I'm Heavenly Demon Mo Sheng. So can you tell me your name?"

"I-I..."

"Ooohh I understand you're wary of people, that's good. It's good to be cautious. There is a term in cultivation called heart demons. They uses all of your life's regrets and insecurities about yourself to create a bottleneck for you. So you can't even fully trust yourself, so you shouldn't trust anyone else either. But you can tell me your name anyway, my time is limited here. I'm already dead, I've only put a small part of my soul into this book so that when someone worthy of being my student comes in the future, I will raise him/her and asks fulfill an important task."

'What do you think Alice.'

(Master, I think you can tell him your name. I learned from my scans that this person is indeed a spirit, and there is nothing he can do to you by knowing your name.)

"My name is Drake."

"Hmm Drake and you are a Dragon isn't it too simple?"

"Ugh! I chose my name."

"Oh sorry sorry. Anyway, then I will give you a quest, if you accept the task, this book will be yours, don't worry, there is no time limit as the task is difficult, but the sooner you do it, the better."

"And why do you trust me?"

"The reason is that your race is very similar to my cultivation technique, I would even say they were made for each other. There's a reason my name is Heavenly Demon, it's because of my technique. And your dragon race -Karmic- Sin and Virtue. Heaven and demon are opposite concepts, just like your Sin and Virtue. I can also feel many things in this cave even though I am dead like your evolution and your roaring yesterday."

"Wait, so if you can feel everything, you watched what I did last night too?" I said as my face started to turn red.

"Oh hahahahahah... It's really nice to be young. If you want, I can teach you a few tricks about that too."

"No no no thank you. So what is the quest?"

"Finding and protecting my daughters."

"Huh?"

"In this way, actually, I come from the higher realms, my wife and I were like kings and queens in that realm, until the Murim sect attacked us, my wife was pregnant at that time, but we were defeated even though we fought with all our might. Our upbringing suffered the most, my wife suffered the most. I made this book with my brother and sent it to this mortal realm with my wife, but my wife could not be healed, but she was still determined to birth our daughters, even though she knew it would be the end. She gave birth but she couldn't stand it and died but we had no one to leave our girls to because me and my sister were dead too so my wife sealed them up until someone we could trust showed up and protected our girls. They both sleep."

"Due to the unique cultivation technique of my wife and I, both of our daughters are of a different race. My first daughter Orochi has a unique ancestry from the snake tribe. Her full name is Yamato no Orochi. My other daughter is Fafnir from the dragon tribe like you. They're both sealed from the moment they're born, I ask you to save them." I could see the sadness on his face as he told his story.

"But how can you trust me so easily?"

"It was because of your reaction when that girl left and you mourned all day and night I believe that if you marry my girls you will definitely make them happy so I put my faith in you."

"Then if you trust me that much, I'll accept the quest, Father-in-law."

Mo Sheng had a confused expression on his face, but soon after, his expression changed to a happy one.

"Thank you, my son-in-law."

[Heavenly Demon Mo Sheng's Quest]

[Quest: Find And Protect Mo Sheng's Daughters]

[Quest Items: Map, Black Book, Half of the Mo Sheng's cultivation technique ]

[Reward: ???, Mo Sheng's Cultivation technique's other half]

[Do you accept the quest?]

[Yes] [No]

"Yes."

"All right, son-in-law, we're at the end of the time I can be here. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the book. Also, the book is made of spirit stones and is tied to you, so you can reveal the book whenever you want and lose it whenever you want. Now open the book and get started, son-in-law."

"Okay father-in-law."

Mo Sheng disappeared.

I opened the book and turned the first page.

[Karmic Skeleton]

[Blood is cited, Karmic body descends, Not a miracle, But a karmic immortal, Proud karmic body, Rules the fence, Indomitable spirit, Will it descend!]

"Well, I guess I need to bleed." I said and bit my finger and dripped a few drops of blood.

immediately after, the demonic Qi in the surrounding began to move and circulate around me. A skeleton came out of the book and began to gather and merge the surrounding demonic Qi, and suddenly it came upon me and entered me. A pain swept through my body, as if all my bones were broken and rebuilt.

System messages kept popping up but I was in too much pain to read. And suddenly I vomited black liquid and some blood from my mouth.

After what seemed like an eternity and vomiting, the pain subsided. I started breathing and calming myself. When I looked at the system messages, I was really shocked.

"A monster is born."

========================

Dear readers, some of the cultivation techniques and the names of things like herbs in this novel are borrowed from some other Wuxia novels and manhuas. The whole story is original by me but I really don't have the ability to name names so there will be quotes.

Join My Patr*on

https://www.patr*on.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

delete this (*) mark.

5