CHAPTER 19: Hunting Again
331 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir, I told you, but are you against those from the demon sects?" Morgana asked with curiosity.

"Why should I be against it? I don't care who uses what kind of cultivation. I do not touch those who do not touch me."

"Oh I see." Morgana said with gentle smile.

"By the way, are you using demonic qi while cultivating in the demonic sect?" I asked.

"Oh no. Instead of demonic qi, we use demonic cultivation art. Demonic qi is not usable qi. When person uses demonic qi, person inflicts heavy damage on the mind. It changes a person's personality. But by using demonic cultivation pure qi, you need to contaminate the qi in your body using cultivation art."

"But can demonic qi really not be used?"

"Only demons can use demonic qi."

"Anyway, let's hunt those monsters of yours."

"Thanks in advance for your help, sir." Morgana said.

Afterwards, Morgana pulled a string from her spatial bag and tied the man up just in case.

"All right, if you're ready, let's go now." I said at the entrance of the cave.

"Yes, sorry for keeping you waiting."

"Don't mention it. Let's hunt."

Then me and Morgana started to head towards the forest. After activating my sonar skill, we started to increase the level of the skill and search for the monsters we needed.

We saw many horned rabbits along the way, but after a while the numbers of horned rabbits started to decrease. I realized that we had now entered the territory of the more ferocious monsters.

[Karmic Sonar] skill has leveled up 2----->3

With the skill leveling up, the area it could detect had increased, and its precision had become much better.

"What do you know about these monsters?" I asked to Morgana.

"Sir, the long-toothed tiger and the steel-toothed jackal are relatively weak beasts for this forest. They both generally feed on lowest level monsters such as horned rabbits. Long-toothed tigers are usually yellow in color and their front molars extend below their jaws. Steel-toothed jackals are dark red in color and their teeth are steel-colored and very sharp." Morgana explained.

"If they're both among the weakest monsters, why are you hunting them? As a patriarch's daughter, shouldn't you be sent to more difficult and powerful monsters?"

1Sir, the monsters we will hunt are determined by drawing lots. But the important thing is where we will hunt. This forest called Demon's Den appeared to me. Other than me, they went to places that are much more normal and easy, such as forests or plains."

"I understand. It's pretty logical."

"How so, sir?" Morgana asked.

"Why do you think you were the only one sent here and they only asked you to kill 3 monsters from the outer ring of the forest?"

"..."

"Sigh... You will most likely be the future patriarch. And for a patriarch, as well as for a cult member, factors such as finding direction and obeying orders are very important. Also, the other reason for choosing this forest is I guess this forest is one of the most dangerous places because of the dangers of this forest, and going in the wrong direction will cause you to accidentally enter the middle ring or the inner ring before you realize it and die. Also, you have to be vigilant at all times in this forest, like the last man you lived with, if you had better perceptions and planning, you could spot that man or at least save enough strength to fight that man."

Morgana was looking at me with a face that was both enlightened and somewhat sad.

"I understand sir thank you for explaining. Now I understand my own shortcomings better."

"It is not important, it is important to learn from mistakes."

Since we are looking for only 2 species in the huge forest, it is very difficult to find, so we started to go to places where horned rabbits avoid or decrease. After a long and tedious search, we finally managed to find 3 long-toothed tigers in different spots thanks to my sonar.

"Morgana, kill the first one if you want."

"All right, sir."

Just then, Morgana left me and stood before the tiger. And she began to take up positions.

'What does this girl think she's doing, is she planning to duel with this tiger?'

"[Demonic blood arts: Blood threads]." Just as the tiger was attacking, Morgana used her martial art and attacked the tiger with a few blood threads coming out of her hands. Some got inside the tiger's skin. According to what I learned from Alice, when it gets inside her skin, the blood mixes with the tiger's blood and harms the tiger. In this way, the tiger's speed slows down and is finally tied by threads of blood.

'I have to admit he's quite capable and strong, but standing directly in front of a tiger seems a bit silly. Could this be her tactic?'

"Sir what do you think?"

"Hm? Oh you are quite talented and strong and you beat this tiger in seconds but you said you had trouble with that arachna why?"

"Sir, arachna had 8 arms so it was difficult to bind and arachna's body is like armor my threads couldn't get into it. My skill is in this art, and I am not proficient in direct hand-to-hand combat." Morgana explained.

"Hm? I understand. Then how about I'll kill the next long-toothed tiger?"

"Are you sure sir?"

"I just want to test my abilities."

Then we went to the nearest tiger and hid in the bushes.

When I asked Alice, I learned that I could use cold-fire using my Qi, so I could use my abilities without revealing myself.

'Let's start.'

"[Dash] [Cold-Fire]" First, using the dash, I suddenly increased my speed, and before the tiger could react, I slammed my fist on its head with full force. But what I couldn't calculate was that my physical features have increased a lot thanks to cultivation, so when I was already fast, using my dash skill and with the physical strength I had, I accidentally cut the tiger's head off.

"I think I used a little too much force." I said with nervous smile.

------------------------------------------

Here is a Discord server link for you.

https://discord.gg/WqSpSasytA

My Pat*eon'a Katılın

https://www.pat*eon.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

6