Chapter 2: The First Summoning (II)
174 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: The First Summoning (II)


 

"I, Hero Ryuji, greet the King of... apologies, I have not been informed of this nation's name."

 

The dumpling king who sat upon throne smiled brightly at Kenji's introduction, then spoke pridefully to the singular hero. "Oh, Hero, this is the Kingdom of Startrus, the kingdom which I rule. My name is Trumble Startrus, and as the King of this kingdom, I welcome you brave Hero."

 

After the King of Startrus introduced himself and his kingdom, he showed wide n prideful smile.

 

The students who were anxiously frozen in place turned their heads between both Ryuji and King repetitively. Soon enough, one of other students went to bow and introduce himself, however the King interrupted him with a loud beckoning voice.

 

"Heroes sent by the Goddess Variinell, our world of Terra is in peril, as the Demon King continues to expand his forces and push back the human empires, lives of countless races expire by the day! As Heroes I hope you work in tandem to defeat the Demon King with strides of vigor and bravery!"

 

A furtive grin had unknowingly appeared on Kenji's face as he thought about what to, how he should do it, and how much power he would gain from it, but not much after the Kings speech, a knight wearing armor better than the rest stepped up in front of the students before speaking.

 

"Greetings to you, Heroes, I am the Knight Captain of the Startrus Kingdom. From here on out, I along with the other knights will train you for the coming days. Though, for those who wish to wander and attain strength on their own, they will be left to their devices. Those of you who wish to go out on your own please speak your piece now..."

 

A few seconds passed and spoke, until Kenji, the one whom everyone had their eye on, spoke. "I will venture out on my own, and attain strength by relying on my experience."

 

The King, as well as the Saintess and other in the room gasped at his declaration. Then the King spoke to Kenji with hopeful reconciliation. "Hero Ryuji, are you adamant about venturing out alone? The knights of the Kingdom of Startrus will help and guide you in way to fight and survive if you stay here."

 

At the King's words, Kenji nodded then proceeded to speak. "I am clear on my decision and wish to go out. I appreciate the offer, Knight Captain, and King Startrus, however this is my path, and I will walk this path forever. Though I will temporarily abandon my duties as a Hero, I am used to fighting alone, so I will be fine, and when come back, I will be stronger than ever."

 

Little more than a few seconds went by, until the King nodded and wished him farewell. That was when the King motioned to an aid at his side, who made his way over to Kenji.

 

"Hero Ryuji, take this, it is a spatial pouch with weapons and necessities needed for your venture. Now, I wish you farewell. Captain Ferus, please show Hero Ryuji his way." Kenji took the pouch and tied it to his belt buckle, before the Knight Captain came over and motioned for him to follow.

 

Kenji followed the Knight Captain out of the throne room and through the castle silently as he occasionally opened the spatial bag and peeked inside.

 

Finding what looked to be a white surfaced room with enough space to fit a crowd, he smirked and glanced around at the various weapons, armors, equipment, daily necessities, and medieval clothing.

 

Almost as if the clothing was specially tailored to his liking, the color of almost all of the clothing were black and right up his alley. Black-ish grey armor, dark-hilted swords and blades, shaded equipment, and food that seemed delicious.

 

He smirked as he finished glancing through the bag, then made his way out of the castle along with the Knight Captain.

 

It took a good half n hour to get out of the Kingdom on foot, but he didn't mind it and continued walking.

 

The Knight Captain stopped at the large open gate and spoke to Kenji. "This is as far as I'll take you, here's a coin bag, it has 100 gold, 100 silver, and 100 copper coins in it, use it wisely. There are various places where monsters reside, like the Turin Forest over there, so for your travels, here's a map, it has all of the major cities, settlements, and kingdoms marked on it, as well as forests, mountains, water reservoirs, and dungeons. May the gods be with you, farewell." The Knight Captain waved Kenji off as he walked away with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

 

So with that said and done, Kenji made his way down the flattened dirt road and towards the Turin Forest with malicious grin plastered on his face.

 

4