Chapter 3: Turin Forest (I)
208 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Turin Forest (I)


 

'I wonder what types of abilities and traits I'll get from here.' Currently, Kenji stood in front of a massive line of trees that seemed to hog the darkness even in the light.

 

Then without hesitation, Kenji walked forward, entering the dark depths of the Turin Forest.

 

The first thing he noticed was that the trees quite literally hogged the darkness, to the point where even though he was only a few trees in, he could barely see a few feet in front of him.

 

It bugged him, and he didn't want to get jumped in such a place, so he decided to prepare now, even though he should've before he went in.

 

Reaching a hand into the large room of the spatial pouch, he willed a set of grey-ish silver armor out of the pouch, before taking out two dark-hilted single-edged swords and a spear. Kenji smirked, then started equipping the armor from head-to-toe.

 

Afterwards, he picked up the dark-hilted single-edged swords and swung it around in order to get a feel of it. Attaching the two swords and the single spear to the back of his armor, he was now ready to go on a monster massacre.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

With light armored footsteps, Kenji walked deeper into the forest. He kept his eyes peeled, looking out for any sort of movement as he stepped over tree-roots and weaved in and out of large trunks.

 

The slight synced movement of small and nearly unnoticeable green hands moving back into the darkness sent a miniscule shiver up his spine. It reminded him of some horror games where a hand or something would suddenly move behind a wall.

 

But, he wasn't scared, in fact, he was ready, ready for a massacre! Almost all at once, small green creatures reminiscent of goblins sprung out from behind the trees.

He was surrounded... But he didn't care, because without hesitation, he instantly took the two swords off his back and jumped up with a spin, bisecting all but one of the little green goblins at the torso.

 

With a slightly cracked smile on his covered face, he looked at the quivering green thing. It stood up against the trunk of a tree with its front towards Kenji, however, it chose wrong, instead of running, it pleaded.

 

The goblin fell to its knees and tried to plead forgiveness, but... before it could, its head rolled off its neck and onto the ground. Kenji's armor was now covered in dark-red blood, as were his two blades, but in less than a second, the blood was repelled off.

 

The ground around him was now stained a dark shade of red, but with that said and done, Kenji attached his swords to his back, looked around, then outstretched an arm towards a dead goblin.

 

"Devour." His voice was deep and cold, but a second after he said that, a small yellow orb floated out of the dead goblin and into his chest. Soon after, Kenji opened his status with a thought, and peered at it with satisfaction.

 

_____|Status|_____

Name: Kenji Koshiro
Age: 18
Race: Human
Level: 12
Class: {Hero}, {Devourer}

Traits:
[Night-Vision] - A goblin's trait that allows them to see the night as if it's day.

Active Skills:
[Devour] - Devour the 'Abilities', 'Traits', and or 'Memories' of the dead.
[Appraisal] - Shows the status of another being. Note: If a being is of a much higher level, some info will be restricted.

Passive Skills:
[Hero's EXP Bonus] - +500% Experience gain.

________________

 

After his quick glance at the status screen, his eyes shifted around, and he noticed that the previously pitch-black forest was now bright as day. However he also noticed a group of about 8 goblins nearly 100 feet away.

 

Weaving in and out of trees, both the goblins and Kenji made their way to each other.

 

They were ready to kill each other, but one of them wasn't in the mood to die, in fact, he was filled with strength, strength he never had before.

 

He'd guessed that it was from leveling up, but either way, that strength came from death, so he'll cause more of it.

 

Now, with his eyesight clear as day, he came up on the goblins just as they did to him. Wielding worn and chipped weapons, and wearing cut-up leather armor, the goblins simultaneously swung their battered weapons at the fully armored Kenji.

 

As if to test the defense, Kenji just stood there as the weapons of the goblins broke, shattered, or simply ricocheted off of his armor.

 

Then, with a satisfied smirk on his face, Kenji moved from his spot and grabbed the swords on his back, before bringing them down on a frozen goblin.

 

A second later, the trisected body of the goblin fell to the ground, sending shivers to the other goblins. Kenji spun around and looked at another goblin with seemingly red-glowing eyes, before dashing towards it and slashing down at its neck.

 

Kenji's eyes that seemingly glowed red behind his visor were the last thing the goblins saw, as he went from one to another, cutting straight through them with ease.

 

One or two of the goblins that had their weapons ricochet off Kenji's armor tried to fight back with their trashy weapons, but it was futile in the end, because now they all lay in pools of their own blood.

 

Slashing his swords one last time to get the blood off, he looked in the direction of where the goblins came from, and smiled crazily, before dashing in that direction.

 

With his level now at 19, his speed was like that of a sports-bike. Soon enough, he saw it, what he was looking for.

 

A tall wooden wall that seemed to be made of large tree branches came into Kenji's vision, and if it was what he thought it was, then it'll be a bloody feast for him.

 

4