Chapter 3: Competition
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noon arrives and the competition starts, with countless students from both factions watching the competition with great interest, fully supporting their representatives.

Six students stand tall on the stage, grouped into two with three members each, standing opposite each other, while an old man is standing in the center, holding a paper.

The rules for answering were simple, like 'first come first serve', while questions have equivalent points, the harder the higher.

The host explain everything that needed to be clarified first, before the first question arrives, making the audience in suspense, while the contestants were nervous.

"First Question, Energy Category, for 3 points, Making homes more energy efficient. What is the payback for installing Double glazing at a cost of 4800 pounds, with an annual saving of 80 pounds per year?"

After a few seconds, a buzz from Black Faction rang.

Xia, a young girl with eyeglasses then answered, "60 years."

"That's correct. Next question, Atomic Structure Category, for 3 points, What is the balanced equation for the reaction of Sodium and Hydrochloric acid?"

The six students ponder for a moment before, Tan, who was quiet answered, "2Na + 2HCL -> 2NaCL + H2"

"That's correct. Next question. Analysis Category, for 3 points, A glowing splint is held at the open end of a test tube the splint relights. What is the test for?"

A buzzer rang and Ren answered, "Oxygen." which is the correct answer.

The question and answer continue for whole several hours, greatly suspending the audience with anxiety yet expectation, until the last question arrives, with both having 60 points.

"Last question, for 10 points, Lenses Category, What is the refractive angle of a transparent material that has a refractive index of 0.831 and an angle of incidence of 41 degrees?"

The contestants ponder for a while, increasing the tension of every student, and a moment later, a buzzer rang.

Ren, nervously answered with some hesitation, "52?" which is indeed the correct answer, making all the Black Faction jump in excitement and shout in triumph, while the White Faction is dejected as their victory was so near.

The two Faction make a good handshake as a congratulatory for each other, but this is the most anticipated moment for Ren.

Winning is indeed great as a large number of points will be rewarded, plus the reputation, but able to hold hands with Wen, is a rare chance.

Ren, act normal but excited inside as he shakes hands with Wen.

Those slender and long fingers, the warm palm with small calluses, and perfect structure make Ren's heart tremble while looking at Wen's face, making the latter uncomfortable, as hatred still burns in his heart, but seeing Ren, he.. he strangely felt shy.

A brief moment in contact with their palm, but it was enough to make Ren's heart almost stop beating.

When Wen was about to retract, Ren use the last moment to press his hand and then let go.

Wen got confused for a moment but he was just greeted by a smile of Ren's before they walk opposite.

White Faction dejectedly leave the Black Faction School, while the Black Faction happily and excitedly celebrates the victory of their school.

"Congratulations to the President! You're the best!"

"President Ren is so cool and great! So handsome!"

"Congratulations to the Black Faction for winning!"

Endless noise filled the entire school along with great happiness and joy.

"Brother, so how it goes? Did you make the one you like fall for you?"

Vie was already waiting for her brother to enter the Student Council Room but saw the Vice, Secretary, and Treasure as well.

"What? Did.. the President like someone else?"

"So, did President already like someone?"

A tall young man looked at Ren with inquiring eyes.

"Yeah. Brother has someone he likes, that he even asks me to make him look better."

"Vie, be quiet. Don't talk nonsense."

"I'm talking nonsense? But you are the one who said that you already like someone else. Am I right, brother Gray?"

Gray was a bit stunned to be called by Vie, while Ren looked irritated more.

"Well, why are you pitting me too?"

"But you also know it, didn't you? You know that my brother likes someone from the White Faction."

Shane, Gray, Ren, and Peter were surprised by Vie's words.

Shane and Peter look at Ren with questioning gazes as they can't believe it.

'Ren is the president and White Faction is their mortal enemy, so how can he like someone from the other faction?'

Gray and Ren look at Vie with also questioning gaze as they didn't expect Vie to know it too.

"President.. is.. is that true?"

"How can you, President?! Is it Hailey?! But... It's a White Faction! Our mortal enemy! You can't like her! And she's a bitch!"

"How can you believe my sister! She's just talking nonsense!"

"Vie! Why are you talking nonsense! Do you want me to cut your allowance?!"

"But, that's what you said earlier to Gray! You.. you even said, 'But I can't help it. My heart acts on its own' didn't you?"

Vie really felt so wronged and almost cry as she didn't understand the current mood.

"Vie! You!"

"So, it's true, President! How could you?! Aren't you afraid of being evicted from your position?! From the anger of countless students?!"

"So, President like that beautiful girl on the stage? President actually has good taste."

"Are you serious, Peter?! How could you even encourage the president?! And you, Gray?! You're the Vice President so why didn't you stop the president?!"

"But I already advised the president to stop his feelings for her. And also, it's only one-sided, and didn't Hailey already have a boyfriend, that damn President of the White Faction who thinks he's so handsome?"

"Gray's right. We don't need to overreact. There's no problem, so what's wrong with liking?"

"Okay, fine. I'm wrong. I become exaggerated."

"Vie! Why are you so noisy?! Can't you just keep a secret even for once?"

"But.. I didn't know it's a secret. Anyway, so it fails?! My make-up was ineffective?"

"Well, it looks like that. President didn't even have a chance at all, it's just his wishful thinking."

"Gray! Just because you have Zoey, you think you're great?!"

"What if I say yes?! What can you do, single boy? Hahahhaha."

"President, how can you like that bitch?! Can't you see how slutty she looks like?! I don't like her."

"Well, it's because she's beautiful like you. And besides, so what if she's a bitch? As long as she's beautiful, it is fine."

"You're fine with that, Peter? You have poor taste! Well, it doesn't matter if you have poor taste, since you can't even find a girl, how pitiful."

"Well, Gray, it's better if you don't talk. You don't belong to this 'for single' room."

Peter who's being calm finally felt the feeling Ren must felt, the feeling of wanting to beat the other man into a pulp.

The rest in the room agreed with Peter, making Gray feel a bit sad at being an outcast.

"You guys. How could you do this to me? Don't you pity me?"

"Then go to your sweetheart!"

"But, she's with her friends. I also need to give her freedom, you know."

"You taken boy, just leave this 'for single' room."

"So, Peter, do we also not belong to this room?"

"Wh--what do you mean?"

Peter, didn't expect Vie to tease him again.

The other three got used to it, as they knew that Vie liked Peter a lot, and even pursue the man instead of Peter pursuing her.

"What do I mean? Isn't it obvious?"

"You brat?! How come I have a sister like you? Don't you care about the image? How can you pursue someone instead of them pursuing you? Can't you learn from Shane even a little bit?"

Shane got awkward watching how Vie gave hints at Peter, and also got shy but proud when Ren use her as an example.

Gray happily watches the scene in the room with great interest.

"But he doesn't take the initiative. So what should I do? Wait for nothing? What if someone take him away from me, then wouldn't it be my loss? And who said girls can't pursue boys? And what is an image, can I see it? Eat it?"

'So do.. do I also need to take initiative? Nah! It's impossible.'

"You're really the best, Vie. I really admire you and your courage! If not for you, I'll not be with Zoey."

"You.. don't.. don't talk like that. It makes me lose face."

"Vie, I always felt helpless whenever it comes to you. What's the use of pursuing? Is it good?"

"What's the use? Can't you see it? I don't even have a chance when it's in the past, but now, I have a high chance, right, Peter?"

"You... Who.. Who said you have.. a chance?"

Peter just wants to walk away and hide his red face and stop his beating heart.

"Playing hard to get, bro? Do you like Vie pursuing you, so you still don't want to accept her?"

"Just get away from me!"

"So, Vie really makes a good place in your heart?"

Shane was truly shocked to see Peter acting so obvious.

Last year, Peter really treat Vie coldly and indifferently, to the point where Vie would look for her and cry at her shoulder, but now, seeing how red Peter was, it indeed looks like Vie has a chance, and a high chance at that!

"No. It's not true. Who said I like her? She's the President's sister."

"What's wrong with being his sister? Didn't you say it's all comes to the face?"

Ren, who's being quiet was thinking deeply, 'What Vie said is indeed true. In the past, Vie look as if a nuisance to Peter and get ruthlessly rejected, but after countless pursuits, she was able to make Peter soft, so should he try it too? But.. it's his situation is different.'

"Uhm... Vie, you say, if I also do what you did, do.. do I get a chance?"

"President! Are you crazy?!"

"Oh, looks like our President Ren gets courage from her sister, ah."

"Well, no matter what the situation is, no matter how hard it is, as long as there's perseverance, passion, sincerity, and persistence, all the hurdles will be passed and the goal will be achieved. Isn't it true, Peter?"

"You! Why.. why always ask me? I'm not smart enough to answer that."

"Vie! How could you encourage your brother?! It's impossible! He can't like someone from White Faction!"

"But what's wrong with liking someone from White Faction? As long as it remains a secret, no problem will arise, isn't it?"

"But still..."

"Shane, I know what you're trying to say, but just like what Vie said, what's so bad about it? As long as it remains a secret, it will just be fine. And also, you think I didn't notice how you look at that handsome yet shy boy who's playing on his phone?"

"Pre.. President, what are you saying?! Just because you like someone at White Faction, you want to also pit me along with you?! You change, President!"

"Oh, really. But I notice that you may get a chance with him. You also know how he look like when he was teased to you, isn't it?"

"Pre--president! How.. how could you say so much nonsense?! Aren't you ashamed of being the president?!"

"What?! Sister Shane like that boy? So Sister Shane also has good taste like me! My friend also said that they like the shy boy, so is sister Shane one of them?"

"Vie, even you?! How could I like that shy boy?! A shy boy looks girly, not likable!"

"Ah, Shane doesn't say that, or else we'll get into a fight. Why say my Peter not likable?"

"Well, It's.. it's my mistake."

"You... I'm.. I'm not shy!"

"Yeah, yeah, you're calm bro."

"Well, Shane, you already found your spring?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that it's not like that?!"

"Well, Shane, when we go to the White Faction this upcoming Math Competition, as I'm sure Tan will compete too, let's cooperate and help each other, what do you say?"

"Well, I also can make numerous excuses to go to White Faction School, and if you want, in the future, I might as well bring you too to be able to meet Tan, what you say?"

"Oh, looks like President has really decided to pursue Hailey, ah?"

'who said I like Hailey? Like what Shane said, that girl is a bitch! Whom I like is Wen!'

Is this chapter good?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A little Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
1