The Beginning
238 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

"This morning was hectic..." I sighed rubbing my head and wincing at the slight shock of pain. I now realise how much I actually hurt myself by the simple movement of getting out of bed! Isn't my fault my daily routine consists of: Waking up, sleeping, groaning, complaining and of course searching for food in a "public" free store I like to call "The fridge", still no clue who fills it up each week but boy do I love them lots. As that exact thought crosses my mind a sudden screech of a Banshee comes blasting through my ears...Scarlet.

"PERCYYYYYY" she so proudly announces at 3 am. In a quick reflex I jump to shut her up with my hand over her mouth...she bites me???. "Did. you just. bite me" I said like venom seeping through my lips, she knows I have a germ phobia and yet decided to go along with it. "Is that not what you put your hand next to my mouth for? I thought you finally understood that you're entitled to feed me as my pet, aren't you?" she gleams oh so happily.

In response I spat a flame between her forehead and waddled off to mind my own business, oh yeah I didn't mention we're currently pack members to Daybreak, born and raised so we both naturally have an affinity for flames and the more boring half, healing albeit useful sometimes. "Percy, I'll kill you for that" she whispered under her breath as if trying to not speak it into reality.

"You won't and quite literally can't, so let's stop making promises we can't keep yeah?" besides, she's a football compared to me, what could she possibly do that threatens me. Making my way back to my room I catch a glimpse of light forming behind me, to which I assume is her actually trying to kill me with her fire. "Scarlet I hope you're aware I control more of your flames than you do, last time this happened I had to fix whatever you singed" I begged although knowing it'll do nothing to stop her. "Oh I know, but that just means I have all the blackmail in the world surrounding me" referring to the pack house's furniture.

Seeing her hazel eyes turn into a bright blue gave me all the indication that I need to confirm she isn't joking unfortunately. "Fine, what did you even want from me?" I conceded. "I have no clue, I came down here for some pudding and ended up seeing you, my bestie of besties". Rubbing my temples I had to comprehend all that just went down and the realisation that she was willing to damage property just for...pudding?.

"Who. The. Fuck. Is awake at this time" Chris, our Beta near enough boomed out towards us. Noticing he had his shut in order to stay sleepy, in pure fear we just legged it towards my room in hope he didn't notice two idiots arguing over pudding at 3 am.

Getting back to my room which is hell in itself cause this place is like a maze no matter how many times I go through it for some reason, I decided to look at the moon through my window which I shared with my roommate Thomas. "How did you not wake up to all that sound" I ponder out loud. In the most husky tone I've heard he speaks "You woke me up the moment you left, I just stayed awake to see how badly Chris was going to punish you but alas, you got away somehow" he sounded almost disappointed at me coming back in one piece haha....

Deciding to sleep after that brief interaction I had a dream of a man, it was just his back but I felt as if I knew who he was. Something told me to reach out..so I did but then I just froze, it wasn't instant but more like a slow chill crept through my body and it refused to keep going. "Hey I see you" I exclaimed but all that came out was the sound of static but he seemed to of heard me and turned around "So it seems you do."

Author's note: Future chapters will be significantly longer, just wanted to put this out there as a small introduction to the characters.

4