Encounter
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chris' POV

Wandering back into the woods for the final round of the week with our wolf eyes being able to focus more in the night, I glance over to the area I found Crest standing with the mangled corpse of the rogue, almost 5 days ago now. While the Rainmakers' beta was over I took advantage and sought him out so he could help me clear up the blood and what not while I filled him in on the details. Our packs aren't really close with each other but from one beta to another he understood I needed the quick help of his abilities, bringing out a few buckets of water he spilt them around the blood filled areas till the water turned a dark crimson. Watching as he drained it back into the buckets, removing a good chunk of the mess that was left behind and I promised him I owed him one in return.

'But you didn't fully let him know about Crest did you?' Hara informs me of my misguided information

'He didn't need to, and I want to ask Percy if not Crest, directly of what happened'

'I respect it, but do I think it was the right action...I can't decide' Hara pouts, probably still as lost as I am with the whole scenario which I can't blame him for. Suddenly hearing the snapping of a twig I turn to face the direction, "If you're a member here I advise calling out before I pounce and snap your spine" as the words leave my lips with a clear intent of harming whoever is out here.

"Itsssssss meeeeee!" came a screeching Scarlet from behind the trees and grabbing onto my leg, causing me to try and flick her off in reaction.

"You're actually the exact opposite of Percy aren't you? An annoying pipsqueak." I aim to flick the middle of her head but she cups her face in defence.

"It's funny you say that, I was just thinking of what could of possibly happened to my sweet cousin out here! Thank you so so much for finding him" Scarlet cheers.

"Well why are you out here?"

"I just said. I was thinking of what could of happened to my cousin, do you have a problem with that?" She lets go of my leg, beginning to walk off

"Yeah I don't see an issue with that, sorry if it came off as insensitive towards you" Defending myself in honesty

"Oh that's fine no worriessssss" She spins around twirling like a ballerina under the moonless night, staring up into the blacked out sky

"Mind if I ask how you found this place in particular though? No way you followed me here without me noticing"

"Oh no I was here wayyyyyy before you haha, I smelled some blood along the trees and just followed it here, was this where the rogues were killing each other?" she stopped twirling to face me, with a hand on her cold reddened cheek and other pointed towards the blood.

"Yeah it was" I'm suddenly starting to feel uncomfortable at the sudden confrontation, "But how come you're out here alone? It's dangerous still and Keyon changed the curfew, remember?"

"I just needed some air, being in my room 24/7 stinks so can you blame me? I'm gonna head to bed now though, seeeeee ya!" clapping her hands together and then marching in the direction of the pack house.

'Chris' Hara calls out.

'Yeah Hara?'

'I have an issue with what she just said. There isn't blood there anymore...and that blood scent? It's long gone.'

'I know Hara, I'm aware.' Feeling a sudden chill going up my spine and causing my body to seize up...I need to talk to Percy.

-

Percy's POV

"That sleep, was a solid 9/10, can confirm it's best thing that's happened to me so far this week." I'm most definitely not a morning person but boy am I...yeah no I'm not sure what I am other than hungry for some fruits right now. Standing up I get slammed by a pillow cross the face by none other than Thomas, "You. Woke me up." he hums out under his breath

"Okay and? Seems like a you problem, by-LET ME GO!" Before I could even finish, this ape grabbed my leg from the bed and tossed me over his shoulder like nothing.

"I'll tickle you to death if you give me that attitude again, remember who's older" Thomas scrunches up his hands, ready to attack me.

With a cheeky grin I scream at the top of my lungs, "YEAH AND REMEMBER WHO'S BETTER LOOKING!"

"You did this to yourself dude, remember there aren't any safe words when you're with me" Thomas grins at the comment while his arms reach for me under my clothes..."

"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas please, chill it was a joke please I'm ugly and you're...ugly as fuck" I let the pride get the best of me although deep down knowing he's honestly really good looking, no clue how he hasn't found his mate yet with his notoriously good luck.

"Alright tickle time"

"THOMAS NO! DEATH, I CHOOSE DEATH!"

"Death is not the safe word" he says nonchalantly as his hands start to erratically roam my body he gives no room for me to catch a breath in between

"Pl-ea-se. I'm-dying. Air-I need." My torture being interrupted by the rude-I mean lifesaving knocking of the door

"Hey um Percy" a shy frail looking girl knocks at my door only to gaze upon me half naked without a top on. "AHH I'M INTERRUPTING, SORRY!" she pleads guiltily as if we're exposing her innocence to unholy acts

"Nonono it's not what you think trust me" I scramble to my feet.

"You were enjoying yourself clearly, don't try to throw me under the bus" Thomas gives me a glance of pure evil knowing the scene he just caused to this innocent girl

"Oh well Mr.Beta wanted to talk to you" She explains while tugging on her dress looking towards the tiled floor trying to hide her red face.

"Chris? I'll make my way to him in a bit, thanks for the message uhh..."

"Cassandra" she interrupts my thinking with the answer I needed

"Thanks Cassandra" She gleams with a smile at me saying her name out loud, followed by the sound of her feet skipping down the hallway

"Well she was cute, I think she was one of the ones that shifted pretty late. She was in Yasmine's group I believe, she told me she was shocked when she saw such a small wolf go into a big 3 year old but turns out she was born an omega. Those don't shift until 6 I hear, almost as if the world's too dangerous for their human form until that point." Thomas points out which I failed to notice, considering I was knocked out that day...for two days.

"Well I'm gonna head off to Chris, clean my mess by the time I'm back or I'll hurt you" Throwing out an empty threat I hurry throwing a change of clothes, never learning my lesson of not toying with his emotions and laughing on my way out. "PERCY!" is all I hear after slamming the door in his face and darting like my life depends on it.

-

Finding a few pack members on the way to Chris' office I successfully get there within a reasonable amount of time, possibly a new record, this day is just getting better and better. I open the door with a smile planted across my face to get hit by the smell of sweat and heat, truly the worst combo for a hyper sensitive nose..."Chris, shower for the sake of the Moon goddess and the rest of our lives. Please"

"Chris?" Noticing he didn't respond to my comment I walk closer to his desk, 'Poke him with a stick' Crest suggests, earning my approval.

"Hmmm Christopher" reaching for a ruler I found on his desk and poking into the centre of his chest, as his body is flopped over his chair looking all exposed and vulnerable for little ol' me to disturb. Brought back by my senses by a snap of the ruler and Dark grey eyes looking into me as Chris grabs my arms tighter...tighter and tighter until I can barely feel myself.

"Chr-is" I murmur out in weakness, this causing him to drop me, swiping away the sweat from his head and his eyes reverting to the green state I'm familiar with. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or whatever I just did, you know I'm stupid c'mon" I plead for his forgiveness

"It's fine, I thought you were something else, sorry for the scare..." He lets go of me and places me back on the floor.

"Huh? who else could I of been?"

"What else" He corrects me, "Not, who else. It's been in my head, giving me nightmares ever since...well ever since I picked you up from the rogue attack" Chris reveals while giving me a panicked expression with his bagged eyes and discoloured face.

"I need to ask you a favour, Percy...show me Crest"

 

Author's Note: (-) Typically means a time jump or scene jump. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

1