A Night Of Radiance
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chris' POV (9 Years ago Flashback)

"Christopher someone wants to meet you!" My mother's eyes follow me, making my way down the stairs hopping 3 at a time. "Who is it?" I ask with enthusiasm, peering over at the little girl standing by the door way of our home. Her hair flowing along with the wind and crystal blue eyes reflecting the rays of the sun. "Hello!" Her voice soothing and halting my thoughts.

"Uhhh...hello?" She asks again, bringing me back from my daze

"Hi" I awkwardly respond, she looks a bit older than me. Possibly 18 or so.

"My name's Eden! I came to guide you around here since my uncle's currently busy training some newbies haha, c'mon!" Her hand grabbing mine as she pulls me along and into the large mansion of a house where the Alphas and Beta live, "We can't go in there" I stop her but she continues pulling me in.ย  "And who's this?" A youth filled Keyon appears through the doors as we approach it.

"The newbie my uncle Ian wanted to see!" She informs him, his eyes flashing gold at me as if I'm threatening to him in someway. Placing his arm around her and planting a kiss on her head. 'Oh...they're mates' The thought making my stomach sink a little bit but I didn't know what to expect. She was too perfect for me to begin with.

"Oh and why is that?"

"He showed some promise for the guard entry exam, especially for his age!" Her voice still holding that upbeat volume to it, lighting up any place she went.

"I see...well I hope you meet the needs of the pack. I'll be seeing you around, I'm busy doing something at the moment." He chirps out, trying to retain a professional tone but voice slightly breaking along with his character. "He's not as stuck up as he sounds I promise you" She tells me, making me smile at him as he walks off deeper into the mansion.

"Come come come!" She races up the stairs expecting me to follow her light speed feet, "I'm coming-I'm coming" I call out to satisfy her but keep stumbling up the stairs in a panic trying to follow her.

"Christopher...correct? A man sharing some qualities of Eden looks me up and down, feeling as if he's judging my existence.

"I believe you have an additional gift from the Moon goddess. Do you wish to demonstrate it?" He asks me

"Not exactly, I'm sorry. It makes me space out and j-" He cuts me off

"Use it" A demanding voice that I was unprepared for

"I don't want to"

"Use it" Smacking me across the face this time, trying to get his point across. Pushing me against Eden.

"Do. Not. Do that again" I look up to see Eden's eyes, glowing a violent purple and the air becoming thicker...or is that just me?

"I'm sorry Eden, I won't lay a hand on him again." His apology feeling forced and out of fear but I guess I'm not gonna get any better than this. "Let's go Chris",

"Chris?" I ask in curiosity at the nickname.

"Do you not like it?"

"No no it's fine, It's just nobody's called me that before" I explain while she pulls my hand once again, leading me off into whatever adventures she clearly seems so entertained in.

-

Day after day it'll just be us 3 together: Eden, Keyon and me running around doing who knows what, everyday and for as long as we wanted. The world making us believe that anyway. We stare off a cliff that's connected to nothing but the sun meeting endless waters, touching it as the light slowly fades down. "So it's your birthday tomorrow right?" I ask her, Keyon's face lighting up red with embarrassment...did he seriously forget his own mate's birthday?

"Yeah haha I've got a big surprise for you!" He calls out a bluff even I can smell is complete bull.

"I bet you do" She winks at him, dismissing his foolery, laughing it off and continuing to stare into the water. "Well I do know what I'm gonna wish for" Her smile gleaming happily

"And that is?" We ask in unison

"I want us to last forever, I won't stand for anything but that!" She stands up which lets her hair flow out and break into their own individual strands, eyes sparkling with the remaining light of the sun as it finally goes out. "What do you guys think about that?" She questions us, the serious atmosphere staying up with Keyon's words. "I promise to do everything in my power for that to be kept, what about you Chris?".

"O-of course" Stuttering to find the right words but my deepest emotions being held in them, I will do my best. My reply making Eden smile, a smile I'd kill to see again.

-

"EVERYONE GET OUT, RUN!" The blaring of alarms and voices screeching out. Waking us up in a panic, we slept over in the mansion cause Eden wanted us to the first ones to wish her a happy birthday.

"Alpha Keyon! Take Eden and leave right now." A guard comes into our room and hurries us out, we run down the halls full adrenaline pumping through my veins fuelling my mind. Keyon beginning to ask the situation which is apparently a horde of rogues gathering together, that's unusual...they can't even think for themselves much less work together. Getting distracted by the nursery room having soft voices coming from inside. Two kids, one with his leg stuck in a gate and the other trying to pull him out.

"Percy let's go!" One of the boys yells, making the other one cry.

"I-can't" His leg wiggling but ultimately stuck.

"Here let me help" I wander up to the wooden gate that has his leg trapped and snap it open, "Shhh don't cry it's okay" I coo while his face tilts up to me, staring with deep awe but a sensation chilling up my spine that went uninvited to my body. "Now go run!" I hush them out the door and they make their way to a safer location.

I lost Eden and Keyon...damn it. I run and try to guess the path they took, time after time and corner after corner I spin around trying to make my way to the front doors. Giving up and instead focusing, I close my eyes and cut off the rest of my senses, Eden's scent. That's all I need. Focus on that. A waft of the lavender scent she carries hitting my nose, all my muscles becoming alert I dart towards her, nearly sliding on the carpet from the impact of every step I take.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM!" Eden's uncle Ian defends them from the endless waves of rogues that continue to leap up and try to harm them. His grey eyes becoming more dull with each extended burst of flames he releases...he's nearly at his limit.

"Guys I'm here!" I yell which drags their attention to me, Eden and Keyon's eyes lighting up with joy.

"Stay focused!" Ian screams, scorching two more wolves. I look around seeing all the pack guards either guiding members to safety or fighting with their lives, the night still pitch black but being lit up by the endless flames that burn the very ground we're standing on. Cinders flying through the winds and swirling past my eyes.

"Get away from me!" Ian calls out once more as my eyes land back onto him, his body suddenly being blasted past me and slammed into the wall beside me. "I...Ian?" I weakly walk up to him, forcing energy into my legs and looking into his near lifeless body. "Closer" He extends his arm towards me, "Protect...Eden" grabbing me and biting into my neck, feeling fluids rush into me...I know what he's doing and I don't want it. "I DON'T WANT IT STOP PLEASE!" I panic to shove him off me but fail, his body falling back after the interaction and turning lifeless.

"No. No. No. No. I can't. I'm weak. I'm nothing. Why." Feeling the power of the old beta flowing throughout me, increasing what abilities I did have. My ears beginning to ring as the telepathy becomes uncontrollable. All the screams, all the cries, all the growls and death I hear it...'Stop, stop, stop' I curl against the wall. Chanting over and over that needs to stop, please stop. I look up to see a figure of a hulking stature, his body covered by a beaten old material. His muzzle extending well past it and claws hanging from his sides,

"Now that's over, the main course." His lips being licked, Keyon's body being flicked to the side like a paper doll and similarly into the mansion as Ian. The stomping of feet leaving cracks in the ground with each step.

๐˜Š๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

๐˜Š๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

๐˜Š๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

Eden runs towards me and completely ignoring the near titan trying that approaches us. Leaning down to talk to me, "It's okay Chris...I'll protect us. I hear you, and I love your gift, don't be afraid of it. I wasn't afraid of my secret either" Her never-ending smile still lingering on her face as she pats my head. Her body length hair rising, strands swaying back and forth past her eyes like curtains. Eyes lighting up brighter and brighter each time they become unveiled, her iris becoming black and pupil of gold. Standing up to turn away from me and facing him.

-

Eden's POV

I was born without a gift, one that only developed later in my life and becoming the very reason why I'm happy to of lived the life that I did. And I've been prepared for this moment. 'Kill him, Kill him, be safe please', Chris' voice bursting into my head, I'll do my best. My only friend.

'Are you ready...Skoll...my Lycan'

'You've accepted me...but I cannot return the form you desire at the moment. I apologise.'

'You'll have a next time, my time doesn't matter. Thanks for being there even if I never realised at first.'

'I'm sorry' His final words bringing me the freedom that I needed, let go.

"Those eyes, the very eyes of the three godly wolves he told me about. I walked through dust and dirt with him, the power he rejected and hunted. He never earned that power, it was given to him on a silver platter, and he won't even embrace it...I'll show him when my time comes. It wasn't fair he ate all those to himself, haha I deserved some too right? Come here, I've earned you." The disgusting breath of blood leaking from his mouth, this Lycan that stands before me I'm told is nothing but an imitator, nothing in comparison to his father.

"Your kind is unknown to the current eras, die along with them"

"And what can you do, little princess?" His voice holding a mocking cry to it

"Gravity." My simple word making his golden eyes flicker...The Self-Forged Alpha, Oneiros. Born from a legend and driven down the path of imperiousness. He charges towards me roaring that shakes the very air, releasing an iced path behind him. The winds pick up and lift the bodies of dead pack members as well as rogues alike, the flames extinguishing themselves. I needed more time with Skoll, but for now this is all I can do.

-

Chris' POV

The immense amount of power flooding from both of these...monsters. The air becoming thicker and heavier once again, "Feel the ground shake." I hear Eden's voice chant with growing ferocity, "Feel the earth quake." The previously gigantic figure of the man now slammed down into the floor, the pressure even somewhat reaching over to me. "Break...break" Her body shaking with the force being released, my breaths becoming deeper as I gasp from the lack of air. A growing pit from under the beast growing steeper as Eden begins stomping with her foot. Repeated thudding against the broken earth, cracking to her will as my gaze of amazement goes unnoticed by her.

ย 

Author's Note:ย I like Eden...anyone else with me here? Chapter was gonna be too long for what I wanted so I'm gonna continue it for the next one. If you'd prefer longer ones for the future then let me know.

1