Fragments Of Memory
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chris' POV (Current time)

"I can't...remember what happened next..." My voice still husky and dull. I flick around my blood coated arm, eventually stopping till I'm satisfied with it. Seeing my own beast like arm feeling completely surreal to me, lining up a claw mark that I made earlier against the tree I come across a thought...this wasn't the first time I've seen something like this. Both the tree and my arm stirring my memories around like a whirlpool, my body slams against the brittle trees and snapping them like twigs. The weight of my appearance becoming clear to me with each swing of my frame.

'I can't change you back'

'What?'

'You're stuck like that for the time being, there's nothing else I can do. I did say it wouldn't be complete' The voice informs me which just leaves me to sigh in annoyance but ultimately it was my own motives. The hairs on my body suddenly standing up in fear, a senseless feel of dread washing over me as I feel something approaching me. I can't let anyone see me like this...just one problem after another. 'I swear he was around here..." A familiar female voice pings into my head, my telepathic gift becoming significantly more keen and controllable.

"Woahhhh! Now he's dead as fuck haha, her too, oh my god him too!" Her chuckles increasing with each discovery. I need to get further in the forest so I can hide myself, I don't know what reaction I'd get as a makeshift wolf thing casually walking around.

"Hey what do you think about this?"

"You called it, are you happy and satisfied now?" Another female voice responds

"You bet!"

"So...where is he now?" The second female asks with a hint of boredom

"Oh don't worry, I see him very clearly." The sounds of her words turning to my direction with a small spin on her heel. That endless sense of dread once again hitting my hairs, who the fuck is this. Turning back a little bit and staring above the bush I'm currently crouched behind, I look above it. Only to see those ruby clouds once again, rising like a campfire smoke. Slowly coming closer to my hiding place.

'Run. Just run. I cannot confirm your safety against that nor confirm how much longer you can stay awake like this, the first shift of any species is always the worst.' 

'Planned to. And I can't keep calling you voice so what's your actual name?' I finally question it, getting up and throwing my legs in front of each other not caring whether or not these two females did see me.

'I was once one of the keepers to the Underworld, now reduced to nothing but a timeless soul. My name is Anubis. I'm afraid your wolf won't be coming back...anytime soon at least.'

'What the fuck did you do to Hara!?' 

'I'm sorry, it's part of the process of the reincarnation curse. Except this time something's different with you, quite a few things in fact. For starters you shouldn't of ended up a wolf in the first place, a wolf with an intense concentration of one of the three's blood inside of them. Those are the conditions for a Lycan as far as I'm aware of, but you are no Lycan. So why am I connected to you? A body made for the sole purpose of hosting the very soul of a god, unplanned by the actions of the Moon Goddess but nonetheless we all scattered throughout regions, lands, and species alike. 

'I don't understand absolutely anything of what you said, and quite frankly I'm gonna need a better explanation, but in the mean time where the fuck am I going' My legs still racing to get away from whatever source of death that was about to discover me.

'I don't know, my last body was nowhere near the same era as this.'

'Okay so great, I'm just hosting a parasitic god inside me who's gonna use me until I break like the rest?'

'Incorrect. Continue running'

Finding a river I take the opportunity to take a better glance of myself, my whole heart sinking into my stomach at the remembrance of Eden. My eyes blacked out, nothing but a pupil of gold shaking with each indecisive movement I make, taking in all of my appearance. 

'The golden colour only befitting of a god's bloodline. But the blacked out space showing your origins are indeed not from this place, who are you Christopher?'

'I...don't know' Tears falling into my eyes and breaking away into the river. I'm tired of change and I'm scared to go back to what I was. I stand up and continue running away, leaping over the flowing water and into a graveyard not too far off from the pack house. We built this in memory of the members we lost during that night. Looking around the space I remember something...that wasn't our first pack house, the current one is just a rebuilt structure. My curiosity spiking I wander into the lost land, images of scorched figures in the dead grass. 

Wandering deeper into the village I walk over to where I remember my home to be, the entire top burnt off and everything blacked out. Stepping over charcoaled rubble and ash I notice something shining under all the pitch black ruins. A picture of my mother and me, completely left alone and untouched by the fire. 

'That's your mother?'

'Yeah it is'

'I can't help but feel drawn towards it. Take that how you will'

'Thanks dude' Putting down the frame and into my pocket after feeling a little bit uncomfortable to a god essentially calling my mother a milf. 

-

I continue exploring the old places I used to call home. Stopping once I see the front of the mansion, a crater the size equal to the current pack house. Deep enough to trap an ordinary human but by all means escapable by one of our kind. "Eden...what were you" I ponder out loud, crouching down touching the pit. A cloth blowing with the wind at the centre of it catching my attention with further glance, what is this? Immediately upon picking it up I get flashbacks of him, those eyes. I will never forget those eyes, the most soulless and yet dream filled eyes.

"What did he want from us and why did he-" I catch my own words with a little choke in realisation...he killed Eden.

 

Author's Note: Short compared to my usual ones but I need to slow down with my pacing of the story.

1