Perfidy Of The Wolf
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chris' POV

Tears continuing to flood down my deformed body, the painful image repeating in my head like a broken tape. Her head torn from her body as her eyes take in her final moments of the surroundings.

-

(9 Years ago once again)

The rumbling stopped...the crushing weight halting and giving way for a little bit of peace. "See Chris! I told you I could do it!" She swirls around with two of her fingers being held up with a peace sign, completely ignoring the destroyed surroundings and her bloodied nose. My mouth opening but nothing coming out, still stuck in a moment of shock at what I witnessed. The subtle falling of rubble breaking that silence, her eyes opening again and smile...fading.

"You. Bitch." The air audibly being taken into his lungs, his breaths deepening and becoming faster with each intake. The material previously covering his body now unveiling his beastlike form, "You seriously thought something as incomplete as you could kill me?" His claw being placed on the ledge of the pit as he slowly climbs out like, levelling the terrain they stand on once again.

"After all...we're basically siblings, I was always the stronger one. Wasn't I...Skoll?" His muzzle leaning down to Eden's ear as he gets onto all fours, still towering over her now visibly shaking body. A different look to one of his eyes beginning to surface, a copy to what Eden's looks like. Still retaining that white space but an iris of black and pupil of gold.

"How...did you get Hati." Eden's face changing to one that carries a perplexed look, like she's in disbelief of the name she spoke.

"That last one I ate, a complete one might unlike you but...quite the fighter much like you. We had some similar interests you could say. But it's okay now, Rest." She cringes from the scent coming from his mouth, a tongue swirling around his mouth and an oversized paw being placed on her neck. His pure black fur untouched by the surroundings and somehow standing out like an ethereal material, his self-entitlement showing with his stature as he looks down on me.

"Hey Chris, don't be afraid of him." She glances over at my home with a look of loss. Looking down and closing her eyes...Eden the girl who challenged everything and everyone, now looking away with a defeated look. It made my very soul sink into me.

"DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU WANTED TO KEEP LIVING!?" Being able to find my words I burst with the emotion I left in me, my words resonating with something left inside of her.

A moment of thought flushes through her, "You're right..." She looks up and meets eyes with me, her pupils vibrating and the beast figure behind her realising his cockiness in the moment-regaining awareness. A last effort of trying to squeeze her neck but losing control over his arm the very space around it being paused and shredded as she gets layered with the darkened blood. 

But it wasn't enough. His own roars being silenced as his jaw clamps onto her neck, the tearing sound of flesh and bones cracking her sliced hair falling to the ground. A rain of blood dripping from above, the beast in front of me gorging on the corpse of her, still standing with the help of his giant hand. I can do nothing but watch helplessly as he swallows chunk after chunk...devouring everything but her head, instead grabbing the leftover hair and carrying it away with him like a trophy.

"This'll do nothing but hinder me for a moment. Revel in the few moments you did bring me pain." He tosses his mangled up arm to the side and continues making his way back from the place he came...he just came to bring us nothing but torment. My first instinct to chuckle at my very psyche breaking itself into pieces.

"I'll remember" I whisper under my breath but still catching his ears

"When that day comes, you'll be nothing but a pebble in the wind. But right now you're just a storm of clouds, nothing but a transitioning dog." 

-

(Current time)

"Transitioning dog...storm of clouds. He knew before me...didn't he." Steam erupting from my body, muscles shrinking and my height slowly falling back into place. Seeing my reflection and normal face in a piece of broken glass I feel relieved to say the least. My heightened hypersensitive senses finally dulling and letting me take a normal breath of air without feeling like I'm breathing in nothing but fumes.

"Woaaah! What happened here?" I turn to see Scarlet digging up some rubble and plucking like a nest building bird. "An old pack house...one that ultimately fell to the rogues but we mostly recovered from it in the current one." I inform her.

"Oh I see, that's great then! I remember that night actually, yeah I wandered into the woods. Left alone and abandoned by the adults, they looked at me but did they say anything? I'll give you three guesses!" 

"..." I have nothing to say at her once again dancing figure bringing me back to that night she was standing in the middle of the bloodied arena Crest created.

"Okay okay well let me spoil it for you, they did nothing. My parents turned rogue a little after Percy's birth and abandoned me, nearly killing some pack members. That's what I was told anyways." The pace of her spins slowly increasing.

"My hair wasn't always scarlet you know?" She stops in place and slowly strokes it like a mother grooming her child. "Yeah I was given it, by who you may ask?"

"..." I say nothing, simply taking in her monologue of emotions

"I left that house, nearly being killed by a rogue. But do ya know what I find most interesting? It wasn't a pack member that protected me." The comment leaving my racing mind to think of all the possibilities but only coming up with one conclusion, "There wasn't anyone but our pack members there..."

"You're wrong Christopher. He was there." Her eyes glancing at the pit created by Eden and then back to me. "That story's heart wrenching and all Scarlet but can you help me up? My legs are near worthless at the moment", changing the subject, feeling uncomfortable in the scenario.

"Yeah sure!" She skips over to me, placing my arm over her tiny head. My hairs standing up once again with the familiar sensation of dread.

"Hey Scarlet? How did you find this place? You found Percy's blood that night we were outside too." I question, my nerves shaking from an unwavering feeling.

"Hmmm?"

"There wasn't any blood there Scarlet"

"An error, they happen. Can you blame me"

"Scarlet, why did you know exactly where I was when the rogues were attacking?"

"Chris...you're asking the questions you don't want answers to, aren't ya?" A momentary pause, the world slowing down around me as it all settles in: Clouds, reincarnation, gods, figure in the woods.

I take one more breath in to gather my remaining strength, my muscles tensing as I grab her neck with the resting arm and pull back my other arm to punch her. "Chrissssssss, none of that." A tone of malice and hate. She holds my fist, extremely weakened or not, a normal wolf wouldn't be able to stop even my human strength. "Do you know what I find funny. You all never realised. Percy isn't even part of this pack. Our family divided very early on and he was moved from a different pack. We're distant relatives at best. Still, I made do. All for him." Each point she makes simply ending. Nothing like her old flare she carried with it. 

She pulls my arm down past her and uppercuts my jaw, I feel nothing. The pain going unannounced to me as I get knocked out instantly. 

 

Author's Note: Yes from the start.

1