A Dream So Unconvincing.
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yasmine's POV

Our well deserved slumbers of rest being disturbed by the crashing of thunder, shaking the entire structure we're residing under. Adam's body jolting awake in fear and panicked emotions as I explain to him what happened, "We need to go" I advise him and he follows me without a moment of doubt...but where's Thomas? Nothing but a heap of clothes left across his chair.

-

The fresh scent of blood guiding me to the direction of Athena who's holding Percy in her lap, nothing but waves of confusion washing over me as we rush towards them.

"What happened!?" Adam's voice sounding too loud for himself as he falls to the floor, still drained of energy.

"He just...switched on us? I'm not quite sure myself, but the thundering quieted down the moment he fell"

"The beast that devoured the sun, Skoll." Selene's vocals making us turn to her. "The beast that swallowed the moon, Hati." She walks over to Percy's body and places a hand on his head, "The inevitable god who tore the very heavens apart for power, previously bound by the gifted chains of Enkidu. Fenrir the Unbound." The space falling silent, only leaving room for her own explanation.

"What you see is nothing but a catalyst for the unbound wolf, the person you know as Percy is just the shell for him to breakaway from. As to anything further, I do not know for sure how or why. Nor do I know of anyone still alive...who can inform you of the the answers"

"Bu-" Adam's words being cut off by a growling fully shifted wolf behind him, a fully muddy grey coloured fur that's fluxing with energy around it...looking closer I notice something standing out, a much smaller patch of black at the centre of his chest from what I remember.

"Thomas?" I question it, the question only agitating him further.

"I've heard of the misfortune surrounding Fenrir's reincarnation. A pitiful attempt of reclaiming the lives of his sons he forces his will upon the individuals the vessel seems as their closest ties. That boy is not your friend at the moment, just another hand of the unbound one. Reaching into the world, trying to increase his chances of survival this time. But from what..."

"And you know all this but didn't want to tell us immediately because?" I pull back Adam from the crazed body of Thomas, slowly in an attempt of not agitating him further. Athena placing Percy to lie beside the tree as she helps to stand guard.

"My clairvoyance showed me what needed to be done, it's a matter of inevitability that this path was going to fall down the same way each and every time. The matter of when, did not matter." The sound of an item being unsheathed clicking in my ears as I look over to see Selene approaching Percy, "The matter of when...did not matter" She repeats herself, leaning down to his resting body and lifting her arm above his chest, my instinct to jump at her in realisation of what she was trying to do.

"PERC-" I freeze up, a visible black pulse I can only describe as pure death and hatred washing over me. Thomas' wolf whimpering and curling into itself as we all watch the now standing figure of Percy. His singular hand clamped around Selene's throat, his eyes closed but his mouth wide open with an expression of...amusement.

-

Percy's POV (Mental Plain)

I had a dream of a man, it was just his back but I felt as if I knew who he was. I reach out, freezing in my place that I lay. It wasn't immediate and it wasn't painful, a slow chill creeping through my body as it refused to keep going. "I see you!" I exclaimed but all that came out was the sound of static but he seemed to of heard me, this time facing only an entrance "So it seems you truly do". Except I didn't wake up this time...my surroundings seemingly filled by nothing but darkness. The figure I once believed to be a man standing, was no longer a man. The muddy grey pelt that touches every inch of his body, his form a recognisable one to me now.

His body taking steps forward, each step bringing a part of the surroundings to my vision as if creating his own reality around him. The thumping feet being followed by the clanking sound of a chain, resonating with the now stone cold flooring. Turning to smoke the moment I get up to chase him. A regal carpet fitting the path along a hallway that's lined up with cells containing nothing inside them, nothing but whispers filling the quiet air as I make my way up the carpet. Once again hearing the clanking of the chain followed by a giant slam of what seems to be doors. Approaching them I notice the sheer height of them being taller than the very pack house I called home. A face of a wolf engraved into the metal symbol, a serpent circling around it and a human face sliced down the middle where the doors open..."Why a human?" I question out loud but knowing there wouldn't be an answer to respond to me.

I push myself against the door but it does nothing to move it, ramming it over and over again in an attempt to open it but the entrance denying itself to me. "You need...his blood" A limping Crest comes up to me, giving me no time to say anything to him as a paw gets placed against the door and then his body flows into smoke. "Crest please...I can't be here without you!" My cries being responded by a faint whisper, "I'll always be here for you Percy, his presence changes nothing." His statement feeling like more of a reassuring lie than the cryptic truth I wish for.

The gargantuan door sliding open with the rubble under it being crushed and winds pulled in from hallway I stand in. Revealing a room full of treasures sitting on pedestals...a mirror with tears, a golden sword covered in stone, broken chains with cryptic writing lining the outside of it and numerous others. At the end of the room I spot a throne only suitable for a giant, the windows beaming with light falling just short of it. "Percy..." My name being called out from behind me, the sounds of chains increasing in volume towards my direction from the doors I just came through. I turn to greet the sound but absolutely nothing within sight, the chains still slamming against the solid floor over and over again. The minor light from the windows flickering off and on with each clunk of the chain and dust kicking up from the carpet, thumping closer and closer me.

A heavy surreal sense of death crashes over my previous emotions and thoughts, the room falling dead in motion. The only sound is my accelerated heartbeat pumping the blood through my veins. "Your friends need you." A dark pitched voice calls out from behind me, "Chris and Thomas need you..."  A mirror being placed in front of me. Images of Chris being dragged away and Thomas in his own mind, screaming with blood pouring out from his ears, eyes and joints pulled by chains connected to nothing but darkness. "Do you see what's similar with all of these?" A little snicker escapes his mouth, my body frozen by his presence alone-I stand still without a comment.

"You." He answers himself with a sigh as if disappointed that I didn't know. "See that...little boy in the back, the little boy who lurks in the darkness of Thomas' mind. The little boy who hides in the forest stalking Christopher? That's you, the boy who always needed someone." His fist shattering the mirror abruptly making me flinch, only to wave his hand over and fix it again to show new images.

"Do you see your first shift...? Crest, the wolf who never existed. The wolf you sought out but never got, you didn't shift that day. Us gods can't be contained by your mortal flesh with the age you're familiar with. Just as an Omega shifts later in order to prepare them for the world, 𝘞𝘦 shift later on so the world can prepare for 𝘜𝘴...You surely remember right...? You shifted a different day my little Percy." He claws down a little slice in the mirror, changing the images once again. "This was my favourite moment, your little games of playing out in the forest ended that day. The day I came into play." He pokes the reflective glass, ripples being sent out like water dew falling into a pond and my body falling into it.

-

I step into the forest I call home, to observe a younger, much smaller me. A pack guard following me and stopping me, "You and your buddy said there was a rogue over here?" The guard asks me.

"Look!" My Younger self points into the darkness of the unlit forest. Even still the guard approaches it, and starts examining the claw marks of nearby trees, "Look kid, you said..." The sound of a snap stopping him in his place, his body not even breathing at the newly uninvited air of frost that sweeps through his lungs. My heart sinking when I look back at the body I called my own, nothing but the pitch black wolf I called Crest, standing in place of where I was. Pouncing on the guard and immediately snapping his neck with one quick motion, but continuing to dine on his surrounding flesh. My hind legs snapping into an elongated position and tail fading to the familiar tipped grey that I now know. I step back away from the vision as I refuse to believe what's being shown to me, bumping into a hard surface, spinning around and looking towards it. The fur covered body in front of me that stands far taller than the mirror, head just barely out of frame. "Now of course, you didn't truly think that was enough for me to show myself?" Pulling me in by my clothes and holding me against his chest.

Back into the silence of the throne room "Percy...you can still help them." The pitch of his voice sinking even deeper and full of malice, "I just need one little favour...help me reclaim my place" His words carrying the very weight of the world with them that shakes my body with an uneased tension I can't break. Gathering the strength to tilt my head up and look into the eyes of this beast, his eyes still swirling gold like the time Adam entered my head and his body nothing but a still image. His sadistic toothy smile from each side of his face being soaked in drool, "Lycan" The sole word I can muster up. My body being pushed away and to the ground by his feet with a harsh stomach deep growl roaring out of him.

"I'm insulted you would even demoralize me to such a revolting mortal named being. My name is Fenrir the Unbound, and I cannot let you go just yet." 

 

Author's Note: Lowkey disappointed in this chapter but can't tell why. Whatever, just means I need to make the next one better.

1