The Abdicated Wolf
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The boy who did nothing, the boy who always needed something, the boy needed everything." The enormous wolf lingers around me, circling like a phantom only coming closer to speak into my ears.

"I'm nothing" My body speaks out

"You're nothing, that's right" He replies to me.

"I'm not as brave as I want to be"

"Just rest now Percy...I can take over for the both of us" My body falling to it's knees, feeling nothing but sorrow build up inside of me, I'm hurting both Thomas and Chris...what have I ever done for them. Fenrir stops circling, instead taking a different form. The sight of small feet approaching me brings my tear drawn eyes to look up and see my younger self, crying just as I am. "You hurt all of them...you broke everything around you." He digs into his own eyes, blood leaking from the sockets and onto the carpet. Tearing them out and shattering them like fragments of glass. Showing the memories of the deaths in the Rainmakers pack house, Thomas and Chris once again...Lucas and his now charcoaled body lapsed over the chopped up fragments of Lara.

"You did that" My disfigured younger body covers the holes where his eyes once were, sobbing blood with an unmistakeable sight of sadness. I can't feel anything...the returning steps of the wolf climb through my mind as he shifts back into his form. "I'm truly sorry Percy, but I believe your time is up. Swap with me. You can't do anything more." He holds his hands on my shoulder, claw tapping like an impatient child. He's right, what do I actually have to offer them. Yasmine, Athena, Thomas, Chris...Adam.

"My worth did nothing but bring them trouble" My body's breath empty and dull.

"Shake my hand..." I stare up to his face, blurred out but the fang covered smile still plastered along his face. My dwarfed hand extending towards his...the furs tingling the skin on mine. My vision turning more blurry and void of colour. "Percy...look" a voice unfamiliar to me unblurs my sight a little bit, Fenrir shifting his leg in place and that's when I hear it. The clanking of metal. His foot...why is he still wearing those chains. I retract my hand, putting it back to my side.

"And what do you think you're doing?" He questions, stomping once again. The chains clanking against the floor.

"Why haven't you taken those chains off." I answer back with a question, his expression no longer that of a grinning freak. His eyes passionless and full of impatience as he stares into my very soul, the colour of swirling gold finally settled onto a singular size of a pupil, sliding up and down to look at me as if for the last time. The gold lighting up to the colour of the sun and rising along with his eyes nearly rolling to the back of his head, the clanking sound once again being heard but this time heavier than the previous ones...he's walking towards me. 

I realise I was zoning out, regaining my full sight of his monstrous body growing more and more. Each leap I take with my legs towards the entrance is followed by his heavy pounding on the floor. Turning back to see his full height now incomparable to anything it previously was, the size suitable for the throne as well as normality to the grand door I first had to open. "PERCY!" A demented cry breathes out and shakes the very reality itself, the sight of him shivering my spine as his eyes fold to a complete white and jaws leaking magma. I reach the doors, carpet burning to ashes just behind me but still feeling the heat radiating from him burning into my back. 

His hand stretching towards me, the previously crying mirror sobbing even louder and sword shaking off it's stone sheath. My thoughts becoming more shattered with each resonating heartbeat Fenrir's chest gives off. "I CAN DO SOMETHING FOR THEM! AND IT SURE AS HELL IS NOT LETTING YOU OUT!" I scream, finding the power in myself to close the doors behind me somehow. The figures on the engraved metal revealing themselves to be animated, the wolf's eyes flowing with fire. Serpent now biting it's tail and circling the medallion. The woman's sliced face showing one side of smiling happiness and another a frowning glare.

-

I run back to the room I first started in, nowhere else to go. "Percy..." A lost Crest comes up to me, I lean down to give him a hug with tear filled eyes. His wolf like features struggling to return the feelings with a wagging tail...grey tipped. "Crest was limping." I comment, the tail on him stopping in place. I shove him off but he jumps right onto me again, "Percy, Percy, Percy, I can do so much for you, Percy please" The demented voice full of obsessiveness chants with a snapping bite of his jaws over my face, eyes filled with a hazed look. I spot a knife not too far off from me, managing to slide my body over and grab it. Shoving it directly into his neck, the blood falling down my throat and causing me to gag it back up after tossing him off me.

"Fucking. Disgusting." I cough out, only to see a decapitated head of Crest. Laughing and giggling to himself. "Ooooo the boy who did something" He laughs even harder, "The boy who fought back" he snickers. "The boy who fell fool to the unbound."

The space around me disappearing like a water painting, my eyes opening to see the Moonlit Pack's mystical area again. Seeing my friends stare at me, but not a look of happiness or joy. One that was full of fear and disapproval. "What..." I ask. Getting no response, not even a blink to my comment. "Percy, it's okay. It's okay" Adam walks over and hushes me, turning my back to something. "Adam what are you talking about?" My body getting agitated from his forced pressure of making me turn, so I jolt back and fall to the ground...meeting eyes with Selene. Her head sliced off with an unmistakable weapon, my numbed hand becoming more alive to me as I feel something clasped within it. A knife.

My hands drenched in blood and my screams unheard by my own ears..."It wasn't me, it wasn't me." I drag myself to the lake and look into the river, a reflection of my eyes showing the same rich golden eyes Fenrir once had. Now sitting in place of my blue ones, "I can't-I didn't-He." I mutter to myself, turning to see Yasmine by Thomas' body. Athena approaching me with caution and Adam with tears in his eyes.

"Why are you staring at me like that. Athena please stop"

"Percy it's okay" Her footsteps approaching me with even more caution, an emotion of rage swarming inside me at the thought. 'They're scared of you' He whispers in my head.

"NO!" I wave my hand in front of me, the grass turning black and Selene's body immediately rotting into a skeleton. Causing all of them to stare at me...causing Adam to stare at me with fear plastered on his face. Another strike of thunder from above, shaking the entire underground and giving me the chance to get up and run. 'Under the lake' His words not even hiding the fact that he's smiling. I jump in and swim towards an obvious opening, my body being torn apart by the water. The feeling of acid burning me and knives stabbing into those very wounds, rotating and playing with me. I push myself through the opening and fall into a similar void to the one we entered through. Only this time rising higher and higher

"It's been too long Fenrir, I guess those chains served you well. Do you remember even what you did to me all that time ago?" The chilling female voice of the lake speaks. A force taking over my body momentarily, using the chance to reply.

"And you're going by the name of Freya now...? We both know that isn't true." Letting go over his hold on me and relaxing my muscles as I launch higher through the dark space. Being spat out like the very earth rejecting me and landing in a land full of dead trees and their moving shadows twirling under the moon's glow on the sandy floor.

"So...you've become aware of your fate." A familiar call of the wind talks to me, a thick fog falling in like a cloud touching the ground. "Let's see how I can help you."

1