Remnants Of Paradise
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Athena's POV

'And so we walk towards a destination unknown to anyone but Percy, with a Lycan who's fist is near enough the same size as one of us. And a beta who as of right now is the reincarnation of the underworld god...I should of stayed home.'

"The first Lycan, that was all wolves were until the bloodlines all diluted through time. Now you all run on four paws and appear like nothing more than ants" He corrects me

"So you a have telepathy too now?" His pace slowing to walk beside me, staring intently into my eyes.

"You seem to have forgotten, you are all the result of me. And those rebirths I've devoured...passed on their curses."

"You mean those children you killed and ate?" Adam slyly cuts in, although getting ignored by him.

"So...Oracion-" Percy tries to call to him

"It's Aeon."

"But that's not wha-"

"I said. It's Aeon. You all have a different wolf name, that is respected. So respect mine." He plainly corrects Percy.

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry for what? Holding the reason of why I'm like this? Sorry for being selfish and fighting for your fate and risking the world's life?" Aeon's previously quiet feet now stomping with each connection to the ground.

"I-...don't know"

"Lay off my mate" Adam tries to defend Percy, still standing against Aeon but flinching when he leans down to Adam's height and whispers in his ear.

"I could lay waste to an entire kingdom if I wish it, do not challenge a fight you cannot win."

"Oracion, I understand there's tension between all of you but I believe we should be focusing on where we're going." Anubis comments, making him lean back to his full height and continue walking ahead of us with Percy.

-

Sensing a stroke of death heading towards me I instinctively dive to the floor along with Adam. Staring up to see the surrounding trees sliced in half, tumbling like dominos onto each other. "I do believe we have someone following us."

"BUT DID YOU HAVE TO SWING SO PREEMPTIVELY!?" Adam bursts out in rage, leaving me to cover his mouth so he doesn't get us killed.

"If that swing killed an Alpha bloodline I'd surely be disappointed in my own family, now to address the issue. Who's there?" He calls out to the bushes that remain untouched by him.

"Hi!" Yasmine's head peeks out, some hair falling out from being cut but not enough to distract her.

"Yasmine!" Thomas runs to her and they hug each other, pulling her arm to our group as we continue walking.

"I remember you, that day we met." - Oracion

"Yeah..." She painfully recalls

"You're referencing that time as if it was just an ordinary piece of land, were you even phased by that storm around us?" Thomas questions

"No, as that storm was me. I let loose after feeling the presence of a Lycan and so simply aimed to kill, but I'm not such a monster that I would kill him unconsciously." He justifies, completely ignoring the fact that he just threatened to kill us all at least twice.

"You're telling me you completely mimicked the power of a cursed zone by just thinking of it?" I ask, full of awe over how easily he talks about his abilities.

"As I've said before, devouring many and being the very byproduct of Fenrir's son had it's effect on me. His volcanic blood pumping through my body, shifting me against my will and making me take this appearance."

"The books...you wrote them didn't you? You had kids..." Percy drags the attention to himself. The gleaming eyed Lycan very clearly distressed by just being addressed by Percy.

"..." He stares, a mixture of emotions swarming in his eyes as large frame visually sways. Getting startled when Anubis places a hand under a piece of his armour onto his chest.

"The book was your fur..." A brief moment where Chris was in control, pondering his thoughts to Aeon.

"This? Nothing but a memory. When are we going to be reaching this place?" He shifts to show a book from a slot under his armour for a moment. Making me interested at how it remained unscathed by the flames he was bathed in.

"We almost there" Percy announces, peering up and I spot the same place we came in from. The torn down pack house with a giant pit in the middle.

-

"We came in from here, doesn't that mean this is a cursed zon-" Percy tries to question but stumbles when hearing a crumbling sound followed by Aeon falling to his knee. The ground under him continues to be pressured more and more, I look between the pit and his body the same pattern as the pit I think of something.

"This. Is not enough. To harm me." Aeon chants, carefully stomping back to his full height. Attempting to walk but leaving fissures in the ground. "Stop before we all get forced into a pitfall!" I call out. I turn my head to Anubis who's staring at Aeon with a look of sick nostalgia, a hand on his head as he screams in pain.

"Chris?" Percy questions him, after he falls to his hands and knees.

"It's her...but why" He breathes out. In response the ground cracks into shapes, letters and words actually. Reading, "He. Killed. Me." Making me stare in confusion as Chris crawls towards the writing and responding to it.

"It's not the same eyes Eden, I'm sorry it's not him." He near enough sobs out against the ground, I pick him up to help balance him. "Eden?" Percy questions but leaving no time for an answer as the ground cracks again, carving words into itself. "Lair. I feel It."

"What does she mean?" I ask a panting Chris, but he remains silent. Instead focusing on Aeon who's meeting his eyes with an intense glare.

"Aeon, why does she think you're him?" Chris confusingly asks, only silence being received as Aeon continues to stare into Chris. The pressure increasing and partially slamming him back into the floor, carving itself up even more. "Oneiros" it reads.

"Enough of this." Aeon announces with a deep resentment in his voice, once again standing to his full height. Continuing to try and walk but making the earth crumble even more, "Aeon, what have you done. I know that look and it's all but good." Anubis switches over, now equally as curious to question him.

"ENOUGH" An outburst of cold electrical shock flowing over our bodies, freezing even the pressure that was weighing on him. "You want an explanation? You want me to tell you the tale of the self-made Lycan? My fourth son, the one who was born human."

"That thing...was human?" Chris looks in a state of horror

"Look at me, and know that I was also human." He sheathes his sword, undoing his armour like a broken spell as it dissipates into nothing. Revealing his scarred fur and stretching his limbs to a grander length, intimidation is as simple as I could describe it.

"Go on" We all wait in anticipation.

-

"I had three children born of wolf heritage, all Lycans as the blood of the gods was flowing strong in them. But they did not possess the timeless curse, they lived out their lives like any ordinary beings after following in my path of mating with another of a different race. That I could not alter nor was entitled to interfere with. Passing on an Eye of gold and Eye of purple, but never both. " He falters for a moment as if having to swallow a pill under stress.

"I was lonely, I had nobody. I was nothing but a wandering soul lost within myself, and so I made a choice. I moved on from the pain of Freya... a woman with an outstanding beauty who called to me like a siren shook my gaze. She birthed a child, but nothing more. Fleeing as quickly as she appeared, vanishing as if she never truly was real. But one day in my arms I held a boy, one that I dedicated to raising by my own hand. He felt ethereal as if not belonging to this world, a matter that went untouched by anyone else. I protected this human boy, watched him grow and grow until...he stopped one day. He bore the gift of being untouched by time, he watched me and even helped me track down the birth of Fenrir and his sons." A look of rage flashing in his eyes, I feel like moving just a inch too sudden would make him take my life in simple instinct. Even so he continued on.

"He stopped watching me and he instead took his own path, killing any Lycan that was left. Bathing in their blood and gorging on it like a beast himself. He tried to kill me, a failed attempt but nonetheless he was no longer satisfied. He urged for my death, my blood. That man that I named Oneiros, he carried a dream like no other. A world of only Lycans where he stands on top, the only two things stopping him being me. And you." He gestures towards Percy, "Vessel of the God devouring wolf Fenrir, if I see even a hint that you attempt to take that throne which he will. Then I'm going to have to stop you." He warns to Percy, who now stands still in shock and fear, too scared to even cry for the fate he wouldn't wish upon his worst. 

1