One More Night
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam's POV

A momentary pause from the battlefield as we flinch back from the sudden gap in the rain. Aeon and Chris' forms appearing as if a blink to us from one point to another, grasping at Oneiros and Reve, removing them for reasons I can only assume to be our safety.

The rogues in front of me now drooling excessively into the already drenched soil and preparing to charge at me. Gathering all the strength into my paws I launch off my back feet and slide under the middle one, grabbing it's throat and wasting no time in ripping out the bone. 'Fucking vile', is all I can think at each life that I take, watching them flail to the muddied floor with a fading flicker in their eyes. 'Fucking weak' Loch adds on, feeling myself smirk a little from the comment.

Now finding myself circling the two remaining ones I can't help but acknowledge how weak my body feels...my connection to the rain severed and my telepathy dulled to it's roots. Attempting to preform the same movement as last time I tense my leg, pushing back off the mud only to slip onto my stomach. Pounding feet suddenly prancing towards me as they take the opportunity to charge after me, the grinding of their teeth alarming me the closer they get. 'Get us the fuck up!' Loch snaps at me, forcing himself into the body and pushing hard against the mud. 'FUCK!' He yells out after the paw only gets put deeper into the floor.

The action only allowing the first one to get within biting range of my snout, flicking some blood from it's mouth onto me in the process. Briefly closing my eyes only to open them to a rose coloured wolf planting her head deep into it's ribs. Before biting it down and tossing it at the slower one. Her now bloodied head lifting to snicker at me before darting off...great. Saved by a beta that wasn't even mine. "Move" I try to encourage myself, now biting my own arm in annoyance as an attempt to lift it out.

"ADAM!" I hear a familiar voice call out moments before my own body gets flung to the side and out the mud. Both of us sliding across the floor until coming to a winding strike to my stomach. Forcing my eyes open through the pain I sigh confirming it was just a shattered piece of stone that got tossed up earlier. "Sorry...sorry" Alex chants, bowing his head before turning back towards whatever threw him.

Amidst the varying colours of wolves, blue and red eye colours I notice something towering over them. A human...with sewing marks covered down it's torso, mending the flesh and fur together that makes up a mutated Lycan appearance. I stand beside Alex after noticing his shaking fur, he's scared of it. Our movements halted as we stare, mesmerised by the animal walking towards us. I did try to move forward...or at least I convinced my body I tried anyway. The visible cold breath emanating from it's mouth, a blooded mouth and with each slamming foot came a grotesque crunch to it. The rogue was walking along it's own packmates like nothing more than dirt. My mouth opening in shock as it only comes closer, uncaring of whatever passes it.

'Fucking kill it!' Loch's impatience causes us to charge. Our near suicidal approach being halted when it's arm raises, a Lycan sized fist unfitting of it's human appearance. Almost as if it was sewn on from something else. The disfigured bone inside nearly tearing through the flesh as if trying to escape the body it was put in. Raising it and crushing down on one of my own innocent pack members who was distracted by a rogue as is.

"I-can't" Alex's distorted voice showing all I need to. His shaky body still in fear of what Reve did to him and I can't blame him.

"Help Yue" I signal her to him, giving him a toothy smile and wait for him to head towards her before I advance towards the failed hybrid of a wolf.

The surrounding wolves giving way for him to come closer, whether it be out of fear or respect. "Strong?" half it's face lifts up as if trying to smile with the oversized teeth in it's mouth.

Inhaling a bit to calm myself I give what remaining confidence I have left into my words, "I...hope so". I dig my claws into the mud, not putting enough pressure to sink in this time. Running to the side of it and noticing his delayed reaction to my movement. His body only fully shifting towards me after a two seconds of a pause. And I'm not nice enough to overlook that. Taking the opportunity to jump onto his back, biting into his neck. Another delayed response from it as a deeply pitched voice begins screaming from the pain. Flailing his arm around and shattering the wolves around him, friend or not his previously white covered arm now coated in organs and stabbed with the ribs of others.

I dig my claws in his back for more grip, lifting my mouth away and taking a glance at the damage done...I didn't even pierce the human skin. The moment of stillness making me realise he isn't flailing anymore. I attempt to jump off and regain my space, ultimately finding myself already pinched between the Lycan arm. Lifting me towards his face, a shade of red that would be more comparable to black...he hasn't killed many? His disfigured mouth giving me a stomach wrenching smile, "I am. He told me so" He spits blood into my face before spinning me by my head. My paws sinking deep into his arm for the fear of him letting go of me at this speed...I'll most definitely die.

The sheer force of him spinning me feeling as if my body's going to tear itself apart. "You...aren't" He suddenly pauses without warning. Hearing his arm click into place before plummeting my back into the floor, dragging it along the mud. Raising me again, slamming me back down into the body of a wolf unknowing of who's side it's on. The feel of a body turning to mush beneath me and leaving it's organs spread across my fur...the pressure of it gradually causing me to pass out if not from the lack of oxygen his fist is blocking off from me.

My body being lifted into the air once again, hearing something click within his arm again. A distorted groan emanating from his body before the death grip undoes itself. Dropping my near lifeless body and staring at his arm emotionlessly.

'You-' A wailing scream interrupts Loch as he once again flails himself around, another delayed reaction. Breathing in to catch my breath I feel a little nudge under my stomach helping me to my feet. Glancing to the left and seeing Athena's golden furred wolf, her piercing green eyes locking into mine before putting more force into lifting me. 

"Up!" She basically rams me to stand beside her. Lifting my head to see her full form I notice the difference immediately...she's almost bigger than me. 

"Wait you...did grow?" My wolf-facial expressions most definitely not expressing my emotions correctly. 

Her distressed face not saying anything, instead focusing on the now rampant hybrid. "Help me". 

"I couldn't...bite into it" I rumble out, watching her ponder briefly before smiling. 

"Distract it" She runs back into the pack of wolves, blending into the death parade and leaving me to fight this thing again.

"I am strong" He smiles again, the clicking sound within it's arm resonating even louder before charging after me. Ignoring the previous limp it had and dragging it's arm across the floor. Throwing it around in a circle along with it's body. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬 the bone within the arm shifts while he continues to sweep the ground. My jumping becoming more and more obvious to him as he tries to time it. 

𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬

He lifts his arm, taking the opportunity to bite the human hand and tugging as hard as I can on it when a sudden thought comes to me. "His body isn't his centre of weight, it's his arm. Is that why he keeps it to the ground?". 

𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬

Timing my next tug I wait for him to swing downward, tugging one more time with all my strength and causing him to fall onto his stomach. "ATHENA!" I scream out, praying that through the rain and growls of wolves that she can even hear me. 

The hybrid begins to move after a few seconds, "ATHENA!" I feel myself begin to heat up from the fear building inside me. He's gonna get back up. He's definitely going to get back up. "ATHE-" I go call once more. Shutting myself up when I glance at her lunging body, running along his frame and biting into his neck as I did. 

"I already...said!-" I again shut up, hearing the crack of his neck meet my ears. Blood beginning to spout out from his wound...she's stronger than me...? 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬 Her wolf tears viciously at the animal while I watch with amazement. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬.

An immediate twist of the animal's arm, bursting from the socket and dislocating itself to grab onto Athena. The strong grip acting as if it remains intact to the body. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬. The visible bone within the fur spikes out, "He said...I WAS FIXED!" It screams out with a burst of blood, the bone spiked hand digging into Athena and removing her from the body. A spike of fear cutting my soul deep as I hear her whimper but I can't move. A coughing fit overwhelming me...my vision gradually becoming more blurry...the sight of red pouring from the hybrid and filling up the area around me as it races into my body through my unguarded nose. 

Shaking my head at a white blur jumping towards the neck alongside Alex and Yasmine. "Ple-ase" It drops Athena, gripping the mud and trying to reach for the three wolves sinking their teeth into his neck. "Pl-ease" He continues to beg, tears forming from him as a ripping sound silences it. The wound Athena made earlier now acting as his soft spot, the spine of his neck still intact but the head long removed. The thick rain now falling alongside the pouring red as my vision clears up gradually. Finding us all beaten up and staring at each other. Yue's scrunched up look of animosity appearing unfit to the soft white fur of her wolf. 

"We're oka-" She goes to nudge Yasmine, freezing completely in place with a deathly glance. 

Yasmine makes space between them, letting us all glance at her frozen state as her eyes fade from white and back to her yellow alpha. "Thomas..." She whispers out, spinning in place and charging off into a direction. 

-

Percy's POV

The memories he has, the memories I have. They're becoming the same. Merging...or rather he's absorbing mine. My feelings, his personality. A rogue jumps towards me...extending my arm out it simply turns to dust. A coldness inside me begins to beat out, the feeling of another heartbeat within my stomach. Another rogue, gone. And another. The bracelet lights up the more and more in response to the beating within me. Everyone around me...is gone. All my friends gone to fight. All out of my own sight. Apart from one. My mind...his body, his will.

Tears beginning to fall from my eyes...the rain beginning to swirl around me. Rogues and pack members alike surround me as if settling their differences and now targeting solely me. Turning my  my head down, the rain dropping past my face and disguising what I believe to be tears. They leap into the air...circling me. The shining light from the bracelet radiating more and more the closer they get until...

𝘊𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬

The tumbling of stone hits the floor. One by one...I watch the black engraved stones thump to the floor in slow motion much like the attacking wolves. The feeling of my previous sad face now starting to lift and smile. They want to see me...they want to hate me...they want to attack me. All without reason. "So...here's your reason." 

The mud around me turning to stone, the red particles of clouds dissipating, the rain now spiralling me faintly as I become the centre to it all. The world I've lived in...the world I was brought up and loved in. 𝘔𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. 

'Who dies next?'

'Everyone', For once he isn't smiling, for once he's serious. The normality of when I used to swap out with Crest, a fading to darkness with nothing but an image of him. Instead of standing behind me, he's now in front of me.

One More Fight.

0