The Wolf Who Questioned Reality
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam's POV

The mirror's shine proving of Fenrir's body being taken in, "Get up" Chris shoves picks up my arm as I take in the sight of the others. Our bodies scarred with scratch marks and the very veins in my body feeling sore from the searing blood tearing us from the inside.

The scent of burnt flesh, woodland and ash combines through the air. The field of death given light by a bright crimson moon that dulls with each passing minute, "And now we just wait...?" Yue holds herself up with desperation.

"I'm afraid there's nothing els-" The Moon Goddess falls to the ground from a sudden shove in the air. "ORA-" She attempts to call his frenzied state, only to be ignored and slapped to the side. With all of us weakened and emotionally drained as is, there's barely any strength left to stop him. I can't see his face, only the tanned skin on his back that gradually cracks and snaps it's way back into the position of a Lycan.

"Aeon chill out!" Chris jumps to him, holding his arm to restrain him. Nothing but a growl being released as he fully shifts, flicking blood from his eyes as he turns to face him. Raising his sword up and bringing it down.

A clanking sound resonating and making us cringe with the high pitched tune it releases as  Cliodhna's blade stops the impact from touching Chris, "Oracion, I'm sorry you had to do that. But you can rest now" Her face showing one of pity as he weakly drops the sword, breaking away at the stone beneath it and embedding itself into it.

"I-CA-" He screams out while holding his head, scratching at the hairs and throwing blood around from his blood soaked claws. His blood shot teared eyes fluxing in colour as he looks around with desperation. Suddenly bringing his rapid movements to a halt, zoning in on Athena.

"NO!" I run with what energy I have left, throwing one leg in front of the other but he makes it to her first. He stands firm in front of her body, covering what view we previously had.

"Adam wait" Cliodhna holds my shoulder, observing the two as they stand perfectly still. A faint whisper being heard before Athena turns her back to him, tensing her fist before drops of blood begin to drip between them. "AEON!" I jump to reach him, barely reaching his back before being sent back into Chris by a burst of black light radiating from him.

She turns back to face him, his hand raising to his head as he screams in pain again. Digging his foot into the floor and leaping from the broken terrain and out from our view. "What just happened!?" Yasmine screams

"He made yet another sacrifice for this world, one that I fear will come back to strike us with ill karma. Abandoning what restraint he gathered through time, possibly even reverting back into the beast that hunted for fun. Athena, what did he do to you?" Cliodhna stares at her with interest.

"He told me...where to find him" She turns her back to us, showing black markings carved into it.

"Why you?" I question while holding my arm in pain

"I can only assume, but no more of that. Percy." She walks towards the Moon Goddess, picking her up by the shoulder and sitting in front of the mirror.

"All he has to do is beat the game" She heavily breathes out, "But...two people entering at once is unheard of. I'm sorry but there's nothing I can help with beyond that." Her words killing off some of the remaining will that we have but nonetheless we drag ourselves around it, waiting for what's to come.

-

Fenrir's POV

A hollow feeling growing from within my chest as I fall through rings of glass, slamming and shattering each one while the shards follow me down, flowing just beside me they reflect my face staring back at me. Hitting the ground I leave cracks along the plain white floor, lifting myself up and painting the colour around me I come to recognise the new background.

"Look at him" A woman's voice spits out with disgust

"We come in all shapes and sizes, but that...thing. That is no child of nature." Another one strokes her hand along my claws. The images of them shatter, swirling back around me and forming into new ones. The two children that I was given the privilege of raising, a blessing given to me by an unknown presence. Nothing said they were mine, nothing said I had to do it. But I felt my bond to them and I knew they felt it too.

The background of a volcanic ground rumbles, the trees and life around it catching fire. The primordial land that shaped itself into the world I saw outside. Death rebirthed anew over and over. Chains break from the ground, running up along my arms like snakes and digging through my limbs. Planting my body firmly to the ground I begin to remember. The faces of rage, hate and animosity towards me.

I was hated, I knew that much. But for what reason? The images of my sons breakaway, reforming into an uncountable amount of humans. Some faces I recognise, others I do not. All of them displaying the same look. I wasn't given a chance, I wasn't given a slant of hope solely because the attributes of my body. But what I was given...was power. A singularity that was shared with only two others.

And so with the final cries of the land shaping itself I feel that emptiness in my stomach begin to fill. Amongst the crowd of people a pathway was made. The only thing that never feared me, he had what I did not. He was given a chance, dealt a better hand than me, a more softer approach to life one could say. But as he stares down at me I come to a realisation, 'These claws weren't meant to love and these teeth weren't meant for decoration. They were meant to fight...and so I did.'

I made him break the chains back then, a feat I was unable to do. But this time...its different. The earth begins to split, my bones begin to crack and the chains begin to rise as I bring myself to my feet. Those eyes that were given the hope I was never blessed by, ones that were inferior to my own. Their prayers ringing out to my ears as they chant in fear of my freedom, praying for my death, but let me ask them this. Did they ever once listen to the cries of cattle falling to their swords, knives, spears and fire? The ignorance of a human wishing for its own survival so long as the fire scorches others, not themselves.

My lack of experience throughout the world leaves me with only an experiment. I pick up the man, biting down on his body and injecting my blood into him. 'And so I give to you Oracion, a test to see if you will hold that same freedom. Or will you succumb to the beast you see in front of you' The image of the land shattering away and the figures breaking down into dust. Reforming into the figure those deem to be the Moon Goddess. Nothing but a fake title given by those humans in order for them to have a belief in something. There was no true evidence of her existence nor was there ever evidence of what gifts she bore to the world. And yet those flavourful colours that paint the world, the breath that fuels all life? They believe it was her.

Her face tilts up to me, smiling with glee as she knows what she's done to me. The woman who manipulated those humans with her soft spoken voice and luminescent glow, the ignorance of their will to live dictating all their choices. And then there's me, a voice that makes mountains crumble and a dark glow that makes the night sky bellow with envy. Who am I to persuade a child that I am no threat? A pearl white gust swirling around her, reshaping into Percy's image.

-

Percy's POV

I find myself placed in front of Veritas, their face still lacking features other than a wide smiling set of teeth. Holding a finger to my lips they prevent me from speaking, grabbing my shoulder and spinning me around. My eyes now laying still on a pure black pelt, his eyes carrying the same glow as Fenrir's but the presence of him feeling somehow welcoming. Placing both his hands between my head snapping his fingers in my right ear and placing me within new scenery. A cliffside where the daybreak hits the ocean, I stand at the tip of it staring off.

"Hey Skoll?" A female voice appears next to me, her legs hanging off the ledge as she kicks them back and forth joyfully.

"What do you desire?" The black wolf's voice bellows from within her

"You've told me about Hati, but what about your father...?" She briefly stops kicking, resuming it only once finishing.

"To play both sides in a war only means that everyone loses, he wasn't given a choice. Unlike the rest of us."

"And...?"

"And so he made one for himself. Whether it forsakes the world around him or hurts those around him. A wolf driven by the thought of control, something he never had."

"Do you resent him?" She still smiles with a warm glow to her

A mild hum being released as if he was lost within his own thoughts, "If I may rephrase that. I have no place that enables me to truthfully hate him as what we did, we did as an act of loyalty to our father. But I do not believe he should be entitled to the world nor the lives he's taken thus far."

"Hmmm...I guess that settles it then, we'll leave Percy to it!" She turns her head to me, smiling and standing up to dust herself off. Particles of darkness releasing from her as the blacked out Lycan stares at me with interest before continuing to walk beside her with thumping stomps.

"One more thing Skoll!"

"Hmm?"

"Who made Hati swallow the moon?" She chimes out, swaying her hair back and forth as she walks.

He pauses in his movements, surprised by her question. "You do not believe it was my father?"

"Nope!"

Again he remains stunned at her, "I thank you for that among many other things, Eden. However, It was-" Veritas claps, shattering the image in front of me.

Watching as the glistening pieces break across the floor, "Why show me that if won't be able to view it all!?" I blurt out

"Cause I wasn't the one showing you that." They point towards the Lycan, snapping and breaking his figure away into shards.

"And so here we are! The boy who was given a chance. And the wolf who was robbed of that very chance!" Me and Fenrir now stare at each other, merely feet away in a completely blank canvassed room.

"Now let's play a little game...the human vs the wolf"

0