Chapter 3: Corrupted
231 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*RING*

Finally, class is over! But what's up with everybody today? Alexie and Fraldy seem to be avoiding me for some reason…

As everybody gets up to leave the auditorium, I tap Fraldy on the shoulder:

“Yo, what’s going on today? Did I do something?”

With a heavy sigh Fraldy turns to me:

*SIGH* “It’s not your fault Ry… Follow me, I’ll explain somewhere else.”

I follow behind Fraldy until he suddenly stops near the cafeteria. He first looks around a bunch before speaking:

“Listen up Ry, we can’t hang out anymore…”

“Why? Are you mad at me? Is this about the fact that I still haven’t paid for that alcohol we drank last week?”

“No, I don’t care about that, It’s Lucien…”

“That Lunarian freak?”

“Don’t call him a freak Ry, he helped me accomplish my dream… But you offended him, so he told me to cut off all ties with you…”

“W-What are you talking about? Are you pranking me or something? If so, I’m not laughing.”

“He helped me get on the Shuttle Ry, the one I’ve been trying to get on since I was 16. He promised me a spot at the military academy...”

“How is that possible? The Shuttle that leaves for the academy only makes 2 trips a year. I thought only Lunarians and their servants were allowed to go on it?”

“Lucien’s Dad is a pretty important figure it seems, I even heard some rumors that he’s a direct strategist to one of the war officers, he was able to make an exception for me… You know how badly I wanted this… The shuttle leaves next week, I had to make a quick decision… You understand right?”

“Yeah I understand, I understand that you fucking betrayed me for that Lunarian prick!”

*SIGH* “You’ll get it when you grow up Ry, I just don’t want to live the rest of my life on this miserable planet.”

“Dude, just fuck off.”

Fraldy gives me a final sigh before turning around and walking away…

I wanted to stop him and sock him in his stupid face… But that wouldn’t change anything… Besides, it’s not like I don’t understand his feelings about wanting to leave this place…

Wait a minute, if the reason Fraldy was avoiding me is Lucien… No, Alexie loves me, we’ve been together for 5 years now. It’s probably just that time of the month or something… I better go check with her though.

While speed-walking towards the auditorium, I came across Alexie in the hallway, talking to… Lucien?!

“Oh great, Ryder, I just wanted to speak with you.”

“What are you doing next to that Lunarian Alexie?

“Well… This might be a bit awkward, but there’s really no good time to do this sort of thing… I’m… I’m breaking up with you.”

“W-What?’

Those last couple of words hit like a bombshell… Breaking up… She can’t be serious right?

“Yeah sorry, we’re breaking up. It’s not you, I enjoyed our time together, I really did… I just found someone else who can give me things that you would never be able to.”

Lucien crosses his arms and smugly looks at me.

“HIM?! Y-You know that you’ll have to fuck his dad right? You can’t be serious… Didn’t you say he was gross?!”

Lucien angrily glares at Alexie.

“W-What are you talking about Ryder? I never said that! I feel honored to date Lucien, I respect his family traditions.”

“T-This can’t be happening… 5 years…”

As I look up to see the handsome face of Lucien looking down on me, I’m suddenly filled with an intense hatred. It’s his fault… IT’S ALL HIS FAULT!

I can’t think clearly anymore, my mind is filled with aggression, it’s all just anger and unadulterated rage. I instinctively charge at him.

The next thing I could remember was waking up on the floor of the school-hallway, alone… My mouth having left behind a puddle of drool on the ground...

It’s already dark, looks like I was laying there for a while… Without anybody helping me…

Fuck… What was I thinking? Of course I couldn’t beat a Lunarian in a fist fight…

Still sitting on the hardwood floor, tears suddenly start rolling down my cheeks.

Even crying now? *SNIFF* I’m really pathetic aren’t I…

Really… All it took for me to hit rock bottom was one afternoon? I can’t help but laugh at the absurdity of this entire situation.

I really thought that Alexie and I had a future togheter… Us against the world…

That-that Bitch... She fucked it all up! And for what?! So she could play pretend royalty with that Lunarian prick? All because that asshole’s dad is some fancy strategist?...

*SIGH* Am I really that lacking compared to him? It’s true that I don’t come from money, but Alexie said she didn’t care about stuff like that… Did she even really love me?

God, my mind is a mess right now, insecurities mixed with hate and sadness…

I get up and slowly start walking back to our house, dad must be worried, If he’s home that is…

God... how do I even explain this to him? He loved the fact that I had such a lovely and supporting girlfriend…

-Explanations-

Military academy: Here, young-adults will be trained to either become elite soldiers or high ranking officers in the GTC. The students mostly consist of Lunarians, but there are also some Sapiens and other races mixed in. 

Shuttle: Spaceships designed to travel long distances and transport civilians.

10