91 Training Training Training
129 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "Now that the old man is gone let's get ready. First, form a shield wall. Let's see what you can do!" Isabela commands.

  The three kids loosely stand near each other while holding out their shields. The spears wobble like a ship in stormy waters. Isabella takes a stick, quickly knocks the shields aside, and taps the kids.

  "That's the lamest shield wall I've ever seen. I realize you all idolize me but going as far as to get a scar like me is going too far!" Isabela cackles. "Get closer, overlap the shields. That's it! Now hold the spears with an under-grip. The spear shaft should rest along your forearm. There are other techniques, but in a shield wall, this is the basic. Now we will thrust until your arm is about to fall off!" Isabela explains with a sadistic grin.

  Hours pass with Isabela yelling, "thrust," over and over until the kids can't even lift their arms. Even the arms holding the shield are tired. Isabella looks over the kids and laughs, "I thought you were bored! So full of energy you couldn't contain yourselves. But you're already tired?"

  The kids collapse to the ground, their legs like jelly. "Thrusting is just the basics. When we get back to the village, I'll have you join some of the guys to gain some techniques, but we'll be training your bodies for now. If you can't thrust all day, you might as well not join the battle!" Isabela shouts.

  Ernest returns from the mine and asks Isabela, "how did they do?"

  Isabela smiles with shiny teeth. "Better than you did back in the day," she quips with a shoulder nudge.

  Ernest rubs his ribs while responding, "they're in the foundation stage. You can't compare my start to theirs."

  "Excuses, excuses. I remember you crying like a baby after the first training."

  "Alright, well, keep working them hard. We'll be here another week. It's some tough stone."

  Isabela scrunches her mouth, "We are on a time limit. Don't get distracted."

  "Hmm, perhaps we should send you and the kids back with what we've already mined. The guardian spirit also seems unhappy staying here," Ernest responds. He rubs his scar and shifts back and forth uncomfortably.

  Isabela steps between Ernest and the kids with her back to the kids; Isabela's usually smiling face turns into a scowl, her scar making her face look even more terrifying. She grabs the smaller man by the collar and quietly reminds Ernest, "we are here to die gloriously!"

  "I haven't forgotten," Ernest replies while tapping Isabela's hand.

  Isabela drops Ernest and says, "of course, you haven't!" she turns back to the kids and smiles. Her eyes turn up to the forest around them. Isabela then whispers, "a future for us is too big of a joke even for me."

  Ernest rolls his shoulders and says, "it's decided then. I'll send the best engineers with you. Begin planning the defense."

  "Alright, kids, get your stuff together. We'll return tomorrow," Isabela commands.

  Back on the hill, John is still battling with his new technique. He unleashes his technique, trying to get it to go a longer distance. This requires him to put a massive amount of yin energy into the attack. Even one attempt drains John dry.

  John watches the long-range attack and is frustrated to see the yin energy consume the other sun and earth energy. Once there is only yin energy, the attack breaks apart into harmless sparkling snow.

  'Damn, it's just impossible. I can do minute energy control thanks to my work as a gardener. I did even come close to getting to the upper fourth expertise Sovereignty. I was best at the sixth expertise, the sight reaching advanced. There isn’t a expertise for controlling and giving energy to plants. I complained about it often, but no one listened.

But attacks are entirely different. I’ve never been good at controlling my energy outside my body. The fifth expertise preeminent hell, I barely even managed to reach competent in the second Provenance the ability to release uncontrolled energy. Still, having a short-range attack is better than nothing.'

  In the village, Vickie is smashing on Mellisa's door. "You haven't eaten in days! What will your daughter say if she sees you like this," the large woman yells through the door.

  Mellisa sobs, "she doesn't care. If she's just going to throw her life away, I should die first!"

  "Don't be ridiculous. I'll get the men to bust down the door and force-feed you if you don't come out. I'm not going to let you waste away!" Vickie huffs.

  Mellisa skitters into the corner, cowering when another voice floats through the door. "Forget the men. We're enough to drag her out."

  "Anna, you're pregnant!" Vickie protests as a swift kick destroys the door lock.

  Anna sways in with her hand on her stomach. "So, are you going to eat, or do we have to force you?" Anna asks with a flat face.

  Vickie scooches by Anna while criticizing her, "The poor woman is scared out of her mind. We need an accepting and comforting approach."

  Anna watches as the big woman hugs Mellisa. Mellisa coos, "It's ok to be scared, but we're all here for each other. Your daughter won't die, I'm sure of it."

  Mellisa clings to Vickie and cries into her shoulder. Anna taps her foot and states, "At this rate, none of us will eat."

  "If we miss a meal or two, it won't hurt," Vickie says warmly.

  "What?" Mellisa asks, peaking up at Anna.

  Anna folds her arms with a stony face. "Everyone's decided that we won't eat until you do."

  "Truly?" Mellisa questions Vickie, "even Anna?"

  Mellisa rubs the beleaguered mother's back and replies, "Even Anna. She was also going to smash down your house if you didn't come soon. I came to be a calming voice."

  Mellisa nods. "that sounds more like her thanks for saving my house."

  Anna shakes her head. "It's not saved yet. Are you coming or not?"

  "I'm coming. You have always been a boorish woman," Mellisa states bitterly as she stands up.

  Anna finally smiles, "I'm glad you understand. Now hurry up. I'm starving for two, and one of us is very angry."

  As they leave, Mellisa side eyes the pregnant woman, "we all know that you're angry."

  "Wrong! It's the baby. If they don't get food soon, they might rip out of my stomach."

  Mellisa stops and turns around. "On second thought, I think I'll skip this meal too."

  Vickie laughs and grabs Mellisa, "enough, everyone is worried about you."

 

This is the last release for this week. Still on schedule to go back to daily releases oh I just realized as I am writing this that I said the 23 but I actually was looking at the wrong week. The true return is the 16th!

There is more info on expertises as well. I also wanted to bring the village back together a bit.

Honestly I'm never sure what people want to see or for me to focus on. Sometimes I feel like by the end of the story I will have no readers. Perhaps that's what I deserve for falling off for so long. Either way I promised my self I would finish something for once so I will continue to do my best!

8