Chapter 16: Gearing for War
138 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   

Don't forget to check out my Patreon if you're interested in special content

      Junipor scrubbed her smooth skin clean, then brushed the tangles from the locks of fur on her tail. Her thick arms overstretched the linen undershirt she wore, so she had to wear a larger blouse with the sleeves cut free. Her trousers were made of a thin padded leather without a single patch or blemish on it. Not a single stitch was out of place, and not a single thread was loose. It was strange wearing such fine clothing. 

      An iron breast plate was polished, and ready to be adorned. It wasn’t an Aiverix war plate, but was instead similar to the one the warrior priest wore. Smaller in size, it was either made for a female, or a younger male, and thus fit over her torso neatly. Armbands and other pieces of armor decorated her limbs and thighs, and a pair of thick steel toed boots nearby for her.

      All the gear felt heavy, especially the cuirass breast plate over her chest, but looking at her reflection in the mirror was worth the trouble. New weapons were also provided for her, and had been laid out next to all the gear. An axe decorated in runes came with a firm handle made of Repentou tree wood, and the pommel was of sterling silver. A lengthy dagger was also provided with an ivory handle. They were of much finer quality than her own personal weapons, having been forged from purer iron ingots available only to the temples weapon smiths. 

      As Junipor attached the axe to her belt, and the dagger to her leg, she became so fascinated with all the gear that she didn’t even notice the blight born twirling her tail gently around her leg. 

      “So tell me, you spicy vixen, how does Caius fair in bed?” Domitilla’s voice was every bit as sultry as it was conniving. 

      “What the!” Junipor’s ears shot up toward the sky. She jerked around to find the Teifling was close behind her. The heat of her skin was like standing next to a hearth fire, and her naked body arched mere centimeters from her own.

      “Easy there,” Domitilla’s tail caressed the backside of Junipor’s leg, then slowly curled upward until reaching her pelvis. “I just wanted to see what attracted his affection, and whether it was just the aphrodisiacs talking…or if my dear Caius has a thing for muscle girls.”

      Junipor found herself frozen in place, a breath caught in her throat, as the Teifling strobed her finger along the groove of Junipor’s exposed abdominal muscles. A severe spicy fragrance lit up her nostrils as the Teifling leaned in even closer. 

      “What are you…” Junipor’s tail was puffed out, every hair standing on end, and her ears were twitched as she felt the other woman’s tail squeeze the meat of her leg.

      “Your body is so hard, and yet so soft. I bet you have a tight grip too.” A long and slender tongue reached out to lick at Junipor’s cheek. “And even your sweat tastes delicious. I call dibs if Caius doesn’t want you.”

      “Enough!” Junipor shoved the blight born away, and as Domitilla stumbled back, Junipor’s eyes were drawn to the way her bright purple nipples bounced.

      “Oh come on, it’s not like we already haven’t shared a bed together.” Domitilla shrugged playfully, noticing Junipor’s glances.

      Junipor gasped, her ears bending downward as she rolled her eyes. “You didn’t have permission for that!”

      The blight born grinned, showing some of her pointed teeth as her tail waved back and forth mischievously. Before she could offer a witty response, a series of crunching noises disturbed their argument.

      Domitilla’s took a step back with her arms crossed. “Damn, another bone rain. The bastard never gives up. You’d think he would try something more original every once in a while.”

      “So the necromancer is near?” Junipor swallowed. Her hand shot to the shaft of her new axe.

      The sounds of bones raining down on the temple’s roof created a crescendo of gut wrenching sounds. Sounds that made Junipor want to muffle her sensitive ears.

      Domitilla snapped her fingers, and a magical ray of dancing light flowed down her skin. A crimson cloak materialized out of thin air, garbing her in velvet silk. “Obviously, at least this time we’re prepared.”

      “Are we though?” For some reason, Junipor wasn’t so sure.

      The blight born stepped forward, swaying he elegant hips as she passed by Junipor. Her whip lash tail brushed along her fingers as she walked toward the door. “Don’t worry,” Domitilla looked over her shoulder. Her bangs shrouded her eyes, making it hard for Junipor to gauge her expression. “I’ll protect you.”

0