Chapter 6- Kill the Bait
391 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a later date Night Raid has come up with a plan to increase the chances of ending The Empire and culling their military strength by waging war against them.

“Six people…so all the Jaeger’s have mobilized.” Said Najenda looking out into the forest.

‘Considering Esdeath’s speed, and even the information on our path…they should be here around noon tomorrow…all right!’

A smile grew across Najenda’s face as she turns to Akame and Mine.

“I just got word from our army spies; you guys nonchalantly attract attention as we planned.”

“Rodger!” they both said.

Down below.

“We~ll it sure is nice to see the girls in their swimsuits in a place like this.” Said Lubbock.

“Stop drooling over them, this is part of the plan too.” Said Tatsumi.

“Huh!? what you stupid or do you have ED!”

“No I’m sure its just because your making it disgusting with your blatant sexual harassment that will get you killed by them.” Said Agni has he has his feet in the water.

“Tatsumiiii!! Agniii!!” said Leone.

Both turned to her and Chelsea who were playing in the water.

“Between Chelsea and me, whose swimsuit do you like better?” said Leone striking a pose.

“Ohhh, id like to hear the answer to that.” Said Chelsea.

            They both got up closer to them both.

“I…I well, uh…” Tatsumi couldn’t find the right words.”

“Style, I say Leone, color Chelsea but overall on my preferences I’d say Leone.” Agni said relaxing in the water.

“Heh~” said Chelsea. “So you like them big I see.” She said with a cat like smile.

“Yes, and overall girls with nice personalities.”

“…” Leone was rather quiet as for the first time many of them saw Leone’s face blush bright red.

"Heh~ a real playboy huh!"

"I really don't like your teasing tone of voice."

 

The next day in Romari the Jaegers gather together.

“Hmm….Najenda is still moving east, and Agni is moving south. Their party’s has been seen splitting into two groups after coming here.” Said Esdeath.

“If you go East, you’ll reach Kyoroch. The headquarters for The Path of Peace is located. In the south you’ll find cities that support the Rebels….in either case its highly suspicious.” Said Bols.

“If we hurry we can probably still catch up to them lets go!” said Wave.

“No wait.” Said Esdeath. “Night Raid’s members are from the capitals, so their wanted posters are not as well circulated aside from Agni and Najenda, despite all of that they were both seen splitting into two groups… that sounds far to good to be true and convenient.”

“Yes.” Said Run. “Its most likely a trap. But what’s their purpose? Is it just to lure us away from the capital and defeat us?”

“…How very like them…both have a calm way of fighting with a heart that will burn until its last ember is snuffed out.”

“So…that means their to dangerous to give chase?”

“No…well one is but we will not waste this opportunity, Seryu, Run and I will go south and deal with the bigger threat of Agni. Kurome, Wave and Bols you will give chase to Najenda.” A slight smile of delight streaked across Kurome’s face. “Before we go I mut warn you all to be aware of your surroundings if you are ever in danger retreat do not waste your lives in a suicide attack. They are the final obstacles for The Empire, chase them down and finish them off without fail!!”

“Roger!!”

 

A while later in the East.

“Target sighted.” Said Mine.

“Are they split up as we planned.” Said Agni.

“Yup seems Esdeath went South to get you.”

“I’m flattered.”

“…”

“What’s wrong?” Agni said as he saw a slight shocked expression in Mine’s face.

“…I saw Akame’s sister, she looks very similar to her.”

“As expected of siblings.”

“…” Mine then grips her teigu tightly. “And that is why I wont let Akame kill her.”

“Then show us how much of a genius you are.”

With a calm trance she looked down the sight and fired, the sot cut through the air and as it was about to hit Kurome instinctively dodged.

“S-she dodged it! What the hell is that superhuman reaction speed just now!”

“Guess plan B is in motion.” Agni said as he sat down.

“Your not gonna go and help?”

“I'm helping you, besides its good to let them gain experience.”

As they watched from afar, they could feel the earth quake a bit then a massive Skeletal Danger Beast rose up.

“Well…that’s a surprise.”

They watched as they fought the danger beast and Kurome and her puppet got off the beast onto a near by high ground, then the beast started to build up power.

“We need to get out of here!” shouted Mine.

“Go and hide I'll deal with it.” Agni said he started to put off more heat as he jumps As the danger beast charges up it fires a devastating blast completely changing the terrain.

“As I expected from Night Raid…they all dodged it nea-hm?” Kurome looks down to spot a one eyes, white and red-haired man dressed in a blue and black military outfit. “You…you must be Agni, the captains former student.”

“How nice of her to even still think about me after all her last words were “I'll rip out your other eye and keep it so you can watch yourself get tortured using everything under the sun!!!”. Very dramatic if you ask me.”

“Well you don’t look so bright facing against Death Tagool alone!”

“Heh~” fire started to come from the earth. “You think that little fucking lizard is worthy of fighting me!!!” the earth broke apart as an small volcano seemly appeared, the heat was enough to start melting the rock.

“!!” Kurome and Bols heard what Agni did from Esdeath herself, but they merely thought it was her just remembering fondly of a former subordinate but now they knew, they knew why Esdeath chose to go after him rather than Najenda, he truly is the only person who can rival her.

“[Mahapralaya]!!” a fairly long blue sword of fire appeared in his hands.

Down in the south.

“!!” Esdeath stopped mid-way from killing some of the bandits.

“What’s wrong captain!” said Seryu.

“…I felt it get suddenly warmer.”

“It must be from the ride and these bandits.”

“No…” a single sweat drops from Esdeath. “He’s fighting.”

“??”

Back to the East.

“Seems Agni is finally getting serious!” said Najenda. “Everyone deal with Kurome and Bols! This should end pretty soon!”

Just as she said that Agni threw a sword slash at the beast and it was sliced down the middle, with a single strike this super-class beast returned to the molten earth.

“M-monster….” Said Bols terrified of what he just witnessed; his hands began to shake in fear.

Just as he lost his will to fight Akame appeared under him.

“!!”

But suddenly one of Kurome’s puppets blocked the attack.

“Kuh!”

As everyone was fighting Agni simply standing in the middle of a bunch of lava he rose his hand and the area suddenly dropped in temperature down to its original temperature.

“If you’ll need me I'll be hear when your done.” He then made a chair of ice and sat down. "Fuu~" Resting while cooling himself off.

 

The thing about writing stuff around a series like Akame is that it's time frame is really, really short like I say when Tatsumi joined Night Raid they dealt with The Empire within a year.

11