Chapter 9: The Great Battle
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leslie and I are going on a trip for her tv show “A Wicked Wind This Way Blows”. So far the Tv show has gone well with the public, something about the melodrama being hip with all the middle-aged housewives in the country. I personally never got the interest in fake things like tv shows when there are real people you can love.

Anyway, It's a two-day trip. I know. How can they force me to go on a trip with Leslie when I have a personal life, well I would like to know too! I fought and fought, but Leslie threatened to fire me, and also attack me, if I didn’t come. I’m sure she would do it too. So here I am, outside a tent, fanning myself off, the mosquitoes surrounding me, and Leslie loudly talking on her phone, right next to me, with her mom. I sighed.

Usually, they would only use Leslie for a couple of scenes a day. But today had a big reveal. They were about to blow the minds of many middle-aged housewives as they revealed that Margret (Leslie) was actually Catherin's (played by the talented Ari) sister, so they needed Leslie close by during this two day trip as the writers pitched a fight on which way would shock the audience the most.

Agh. I could be talking with Abby today! It's already been two days since we had our moment, and every chance I get seems to be squashed by circumstance. First Emily. Now Leslie. Why do I have so many obstacles!

*buzz* *buzz*

I picked up my phone, a random number? Ah, heres another distraction.

‘Hey we need to meet up! Its important and I really need your help with something today!’

I put my phone back into my pocket. There was no point in responding to her, its not like I could magically go back and forth in minutes. What was she going to do again? Tell Abby that I was in love with her? Ha. After hours and hours of panic I realized, in a moment of inspiration, that Abby probably already thinks I’m a creepy fan. Not much I can do about that.

I looked up to the clouds. I could see the picture of Abby's sleeping face plastered into the fluffy white clouds. It was so cute! Not only am I taken away from her for 2 days, but I also have obstacles up the ass trying to get me to do things. But…Abby was so cute she was worth it!

“That was an extremely creepy look, are you thinking about me?” I turned to see disgust on Leslie's face.

“I-I wasn’t.”

“Well, whatever. Come on.” She stood up. “They aren’t going to use me for a while and I need to practice.” She took two manuscripts and handed them to me.

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Where are we going?” she corrected me. “Somewhere without so many people.” She hit my shoulder. “Come on!”

“Actually, I feel tired right now, why don’t you practice by yourself?

“No, you’re my assistant. Come on!”

Why force me to go along with her? I followed her out of the tent.

They had rented a mansion in the middle of nowhere for this shoot, and by the middle of nowhere, I meant that it was an 8-hour drive to get here.

As such the entire mansion was surrounded by woods as far as I could see. There was a small clearing in front of the mansion where all the cameramen and technicians set up their equipment, they had to get everything setup quickly, so the entire area was filled with the sound of conversation and hammers. The elaborate sets they built in hours were really impressive.

Well, it didn’t matter. As I said, Leslie was only going to be used for one or two scenes before she is given the day off.

We passed the crowd of engineers and technicians with their noises into the woods. I was starting to get worried that she didn’t know where she was going. We walked for a good 10 minutes and at random intervals she would go right or left. All I could sense was the noise getting further and further away.

“Do you know where you’re going?”

“No, but we just need somewhere nobody will see or hear us. I can’t practice with others around, it distracts me.”

“How about you practice with the person you're acting with?”

“Ha! How long have you been working with me?” a week “Don’t you know how important it is to have fresh reactions! We need to be surprised by each other! Here.” She stopped in in front of a large tree.

The entire woods surrounded us with its shrubs and animals and the strange sound of quiet. She looked around and conveniently enough there was a tree log that had fallen over. She poked it with her feet and shrugged. “Come on.” She sat on it “sit down. We need to practice.” She took out her hand.

Why did I have to carry her manuscript? I handed it to her. “Where too?”

“Page 99, line 20. You start.”

I coughed. “What are you doing here Margaret?” I tried to make my voice as plain as possible.

“Well…wouldn’t you like to know that…sister.”

“Sister?”

She made an angry face. “Yes! Sister! What, did you think I came to ruin your life for nothing! No! You ruined mine! By just being born!”

“You're lying you slut.” Wow did they really include that?

“You think I’m lying?!…. I don’t care. I’ll kill you!” Then Leslie coughs and switches out of her role. “Then we both fight each other. Slap. Hair grab. Pull. Pull. Then Adam comes in and pushes us two apart.” She points at me.

“What are you two doing!” I say.

“Hu, hu, hu. She was trying to kill me!” Leslie says in a scared voice.

“No, shes-“ I say as Margret.

“Enough!” I interrupt as Adam. “Why is it always something with you!” I say looking at Leslie. “You try to seduce me and then you try to kill my girlfriend!” You know what I’m tired. “Actually let's stop.”

Leslie looked up. “That's not part of the script.”

“I’m feeling tired. I just drove 8 hours, and I’m already feeling pretty bad today. Why don’t you practice by yourself for a while?”

“I’m sorry, I thought you’re paid to be my assistant?”

“Yea, but I’m not paid to go with your every whim. Let's just stop for today. You’ll probably only do this one scene anyway. It's not like they use you for much anyway.”

“I’m sorry?!”

“Why practice so much when you aren’t even getting used that much? You can say the words and put emotions on your face, but there isn’t anything! You might as well not even be an actress. You’re mediocre at best and a pretty bad person!”

I shouldn’t have said that.

Her face roared, like a car turning on, from white to bright red. “I’m going to fucking kill you, you bastard!” She lunged at me. The wooden log caught my fall as she straddled me. She tried to scratch my face but I just held her arms. She really wasn’t built to fight. “How dare you say that you worthless loser! Nobody even likes you, you piece of shit! And I bet that girl you love also thinks you’re worthless because you ARE worthless!”

“Well, a-at least I’m a good person! And not someone who flies into a rage every time they don’t get what they want like a baby!” She struggled even harder! When she started breathing heavily I could see she was running out of steam, that she could last this long with how little she eats was surprising in the first place.

“Let go of me! Let go of me!” she started to scream. “Okay! I’m done. Let go of me.” I hesitantly let go and she pulled away as quickly as she could; she sat back down on the log as if nothing had happened. “How dare you, you fucking piece of shit, how dare you. That's it! If you don’t want to be my assistant then you don’t have to! You’re fired! After this, we’re done, after this shoot you can go back to whatever little hole you came from! You’ll never work in this industry again!” She grabbed the manuscripts and ran out of the woods.

Ah. I made a mistake. When will I learn to keep my mouth shut…

0