Chapter 3 – First Subordinate
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucas woke up, today would be the day of his relaxation so he went out and let loose as he took a whole day and spent a lot of money buying furniture, his wants, and finally a red sportscar. He made the furniture be delivered in his apartment as he reached home with his brand new sportscar and went ahead to arrange the furniture.

Even though he bought a lot of expensive furniture and ate expensive food along the way, he decided not to buy a new house or rather a mansion, as he would be too lazy to clean the whole house.

He was also not fond of the idea of having maids which are complete strangers close to himself and his home, especially with his powers in plain sight when he was home.  So that is why he decided to only live in his current apartment as it was a decent one to live in.

Actually, he was pondering the idea of having other ability users but only kept it as a thought for now as he was still not sure and does not have any evidence of having other ability wielders aside from him.

Moving on to his next step of plan, he was thinking on how he would want himself to be viewed in a public perspective. He was thinking of the advantages and disadvantages of each option and decided that he would be controlling everything among the shadows, and let his subordinates stay in the limelight.

Actually, he already met probably his first subordinate a while ago when he was on his way back home. He then started to think about that person again as his memories flashed back few hours before he reached his home.

After Lucas ate, he decided to finally end his relaxation and go home to arrange his new furniture but along the way to the basement of the mall and almost grabbing the door handle of his brand-new car, he heard a rush of footsteps that were silently stepping on the ground and was far away from him, he turned back to see a dirty young man, about the age of 15 with tattered clothes.

The young man was surprised and decided to throw a rock that he grabbed from his pocket and threw it on the sportscar and rushed to tackle Lucas, which he deemed a fat sheep.

But unfortunately for him, Lucas is a wolf hiding in sheep’s clothing as he quickly reacted and caught the stone that was quickly flying, and kicked the foot of the young man to trip him and placed his hand on the shirt of the young man and pulled it down to the ground.

The young man then retaliated; he landed a kick on at the side of Lucas’ head, while the latter thwarted his kick as he took a step back. The young man then undressed his tattered clothes so fast that an average fighter would be caught off guard, trying to strangle Lucas with his shirt.

Sadly, his opponent was Lucas which has a quick reaction speed that was abnormal among humans so his hand was grabbed, and he was slammed hard into the ground. Lucas was actually surprised by the gimmicks and quick schemes that this child offered him so he told him: “What the hell do you think you’re doing huh? Do you think it is right to rob others kid?” He sternly told the young man.

Meanwhile, the young man calmly replied while silently clenching his teeth “Who cares about the right or wrong?! Ever since I’ve lived on this world, I have learned that only the strong preys on the weak, the strong makes the rules. And since the world seems to hate my existence, I decided this time that I would abandon all morals and do whatever it takes to reach the top.”

Lucas was disheartened by what he saw on the child and took pity on him so he decided to take the young man as his first subordinate. “Tell me kid, do you want the strength to stand at the top of the world? If you do, then I will help you but in return, you will help me achieve my goals.” Lucas reached out his hand to the young man who was still on the ground. The young man thought for a while and finally decided to join Lucas.

“If you can truly make me stand at the top of the world, then you can order me anything, and I will do whatever you want, even if you want me to stab myself, then I would do it.” The young man solemnly replied.

Lucas then asked his name after pulling the young man’s arms up. “My name is Bam Rovis, or rather… Just Bam now. My skill that I can be proud of right now is that I learned a bit of martial arts.” He then decided to give his number to Bam but realized that Bam right now did not have a cellphone as he was staring at him with a dumb look.

Lucas realized that Bam was just a homeless hoodlum so he decided to enter back the mall to buy him a new phone. Coming back from his daydreaming, Lucas was now preparing to call Bam to tell him his current plans. After his phone rang for a few times, Bam on the other side of the phone finally picked up the call.

“Boss, you called?”, Bam’s voice can be heard from the phone. “I’ve finally decided what to do to you. For now, since this month is the school admission month, I have registered you to join Chepram High for you to study while I guide you on what to do next. Since your special forte is fighting and strategy, I want you to set up an organization specialized in guarding important people and in its hidden side are the assassinations branch but there’s no way other people would take you, their boss, seriously if you do not even have a high school diploma, right?” Lucas asked Bam, waiting for his response.

“*sniff*, Yes boss! Thank you very much for your help. I will make sure to do my best and make you proud.” Bam responded weirdly. Lucas was taken aback by his subordinate’s response, giggling softly as he figured out what was happening at the other side. He then hung up the call and continued to ponder to himself.

He specifically chose the Bam as his subordinate as, first of all, he was still young and is carveable like wood, and he would also be grateful to Lucas as he was helping him achieve his dreams.

That is why Lucas just gained a smart and loyal subordinate that he would use as his blade. The next few weeks, he decided to go back to sell some jewelry again, trying to popularize his website more.

His website now is still staying on the trending leaderboard, as some people started to speculate about the owner of the website, asking about who is the supplier of the expensive gems that he has been selling.

Some big brands on the fashion industry even started looking at him, trying to investigate and learn more about the owner of the brand so you can truly say that Lucas has already started to rise and stand at the top of the world with his wealth and status over the past two months.

Also, he started to train and learn again more about his powers, looking around for possible elements he could replicate, memorizing their atomic structure so that he could have more flexible control over his abilities.

1