Chapter 7 – Body Tempering ( For The First Time )
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that Lucas has created his style of martial arts, he figured that it was time to temper his body for it to keep up with his actions when fighting, and also adding offensive power to his punches and kicks. As for the body tempering, he decided to focus on his flesh, then follow it up with his bones, then lastly his organs.

He started thinking about how to temper his body and came up with a few ideas. The first is the painful one, which is to heat up his body for a while, then applying cold energy into his flesh just like how a metal is being tempered in an anvil. This process will destroy his body, then creates a more powerful version of it adding more power and strengthens his body.

The second idea he came up with which is also painful, but a bit less is to stretch his muscles and tendons at high speeds like rubber band, giving him the advantage of more speed and flexibility. Now with Lucas being the confident one, he decided to do both at the same time. He was sure that he could handle the pain anytime.

Now since he wanted to do it both, he would have to multitask with his brain, but it would be easy for him to do it since he has trained his mind to do many things at the same time for long periods of time. He now focused his mind, preparing for an arduous task. He now started generating heat within his entire body, making sure that he is properly cooking himself.

‘Hotter, hotter… hiss, yup that’s hot enough *grunts*’ Lucas forced his body to the burning pain and endured it. While doing so, he then next started stretching his muscles and tendons at high speeds without rest. After 30 minutes, he now relaxed his stretched-out muscles and tendons and stopped heating his body while exhaling, deciding to now add cold energy to it.

His skin was reddening as smoke came out from his body like a certain pirate with a rubber body. He now was feeling the freezing cold as his body started becoming pale. He did this alternately for 30 minutes each and did this exercise every single day until his body became used to it.

A week has passed since Lucas started to temper his body. Every time his body gets used to the searing hot and freezing cold pain, he amps up the level, almost granting him a fire and ice resistant body.

His looks also became younger, looking like he was around mid-twenties in his age. His wrinkles disappeared leaving only a handsome young man with sharp eyes and his grey hair gone, leaving only a natural silver colored hair. After his round of exercising today, he finally starts to test out his body.

He went outside his apartment and went to an open field with no one in it. He breathed in, then exhaled and put up a fighting stance. He balled up his hands into a fist and relaxed it, making sure his fists were not too tight. He then took a punch with loud sounds following through it.

*Boom!* *crack* “Oww!!” His punch broke through the sound barrier and was also followed by a crack and a scream of pain. Lucas quickly checked the condition of his body and saw his shoulder blade dislocated with a bit of crack in it.

It seems like his bones could not keep up with the speed of his body, thus this unfortunate event happened. He learned that he should limit the movement speed of his body, at least until he completely tempers the other parts of his body including his bones and organs.

The good news is, the tree in front of him was completely blown out, leaving only a small stump within the ground. He started healing his bones using his << Creation >> ability, as well as the internal bleeding in his shoulders. Now that his body has been fixed, he now started to ponder about his new discovery.

He discovered that if he now focuses, he could see tiny and see-through particles surrounding his entire body. He did not know what it is and how it works but he decided to play around with it for now to see its effects. It took him hours to figure out how this ability works and he finally figured it out when the sun started to set.

He discovered that every time he walked around playing around with his ability, wild birds started to crazily flee away from him, as if they met their nemesis. He then tested his theory to see if it was correct. He started finding someone walking with a dog and found one. He then focused for a bit, slightly moving these transparent circles around his body slowly.

The dog was startled when it could feel danger behind him while the owner did the same and had a horrifying look as if she saw a monster. The dog started running quickly along with his owner while commanding the dog to slow down.

‘As expected, my theory is right. I guess these particles produce a certain amount of pressure even if there was only a few and are moving slowly around my body. The amount and speed of the movement of these particles probably equals the amount of pressure produced by the body.

Since this is the case, what should I call it?’ Lucas began thinking of a name appropriate for this ability. “Spirit Pressure”, he slowly whispered to himself. Now that it was starting to go at night time, he went back home to continue his daily routine.

In the next few days, Lucas was wondering how he would train Bam without revealing his powers so he decided to plan it out. He then started to call Bam on his phone. *Ring ring ring*… “Hello boss, what’s the matter?” Bam answered on the other side of the phone.

“Come to the location that I sent to you. It’s time that I should train you to fight with the intent to kill.” Lucas told him with a slightly cold tone in his voice. Now, Lucas did not experience killing a person yet, but he would definitely not let anyone do the same to him and beat him up or kill him.

This stems from his own experience and knowledge he collected throughout the years of living his life so he thought that he would be able to handle it when the time comes. He decided to teach Bam early so that he would get used to it a soon as possible.

Both Lucas and Bam reached the destination place and so on the next few days, he decided to train Bam and give him the knowledge he needs to know. From fighting to disposing of bodies, he taught them all to Bam. 

Unfortunately, he was not able to get ahold of ranged weapons like a gun as he did not know where to get one legally, so he decided to make do with a knife for now.

Lucas taught Bam how to wield and fight with a knife. About the way Lucas was teaching him, he decided to slowly infuse this knowledge inside Bam’s brain directly, doing the same with other knowledge he taught him. 

He did the same to his body, slowly tempering them while fighting so that Bam would not discover anything. He also taught him while fighting so that Bam would improve his fighting skills easier than just teaching him theoretically.

He taught Bam like he was going to kill him so Bam was naturally scared as he was feeling a huge amount of pressure coming from his body. One time, Bam was slightly distracted within his thoughts so he decided to wake him up with an uppercut to his jaw.

“What are you doing, spacing out for? Remember to always keep your mind working when fighting because you never know when your opponent will use a killer move.” Lucas said with a smooth yet terrifying voice. Bam was rudely woken up and was slightly startled by the aura he was feeling so he decided to finally fight while focusing again.

1