Chapter 8 – Ambush And Counter
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weeks have passed since Lucas started his body tempering. Last week was the time he focused on tempering his bones, so it was quite a while and he is getting used to the pain it brought him.

Because he is now getting used to it, his bones can now withstand the speed of the movement of his body. He only used the hot and cold method on his bones since he could not obviously use his other body tempering method which is the stretching one because bones are not stretchable.

He was doing this for a while when suddenly, his doorbell rang bringing him out of his focused state. *Ding dong* “Coming!” He responded, slowly walking towards the door. On the peephole he saw a group of five men in suits and shades standing at the front of his door.

Lucas was quite confused with the get-up of his sudden visitors. He opened the door only to surprisingly receive a punch from the man. He responded to the sudden punch with a block by crossing his arms, and his body flew across the room and cracked the walls.

The punch hurt him but he managed to block it. Lucas saw that the guy who punched him was an ability wielder. His fists were colored a metallic shade, turning them into iron fists. He thinks that the guy could manipulate this ability at will but has limitations to its usage.

“What the hell?!” Lucas cursed wondering why the man suddenly attacked him. The group of men entered his room slowly, and he could sense malicious intent coming from them. Also, they seem to be a lot more powerful than regular humans so he guessed that they should be ability wielders as well.

“Since you seem to be keen on killing me, I don’t mind paying you back a hundred times.” Lucas snarled at them as he stepped on his right foot, dashing towards them. In a blink of an eye, he reached one of the men and punched with his left, shattering the jaw of the enemy and his shades flew out of his face.

Before the others could deliver a counter attack, he struck another man’s foot making the man drop to his knees, he followed it with a knee on his face. A man strikes behind Lucas with lightning energy, he quickly dodged his head sideways, his danger senses tingling. The lightning managed to graze his skin a little bit, but it was not enough to make him bleed.

He countered the man with a back slap across his face, then adding another punch, sending the man flying across the room with another apartment wall cracked. At this rate, his apartment will be destroyed and he would need to move to another apartment so Lucas decided to dodge other strikes and ran outside his apartment, looking for an open field to fight them.

He jumped from a balcony at the back of the building, his room was on the fifth floor so his body could still handle the landing without hurting himself. The other men followed him to the open area.

Now that Lucas is in a large area, he started to test out his newly developed technique. His right hand opened up then made an act of grabbing something, then closing them tightly and bringing his hand back to his body.

He waited for the right timing then suddenly, he punched out following with an explosive sound. *Boom* A huge power slammed against two men before they could use their abilities, completely breaking their rib cages into pieces.

Meanwhile before the other three men could attack him, he finally decided to use his spirit pressure, stunning his enemies with fear and rendering them to stop moving. He now regularly punched in their skulls, knocking the other conscious men.

He then moved closer to the bodies, deciding to kill them while they were unconscious. His hands started shaking a little, making him think twice. This was the first time he would be given a choice to kill someone, yet he could not do it. 

‘No Lucas, you have to do this. If you were the powerless one, they would surely kill you without batting an eye. In this world, the strong prey on the weak.’ He reminded himself to do it to protect himself and raised his fist when he suddenly thought about something.

He went beside their bodies and started reading their memories. This was also an additional ability with his << Atomic Vision >> skill. He could envelope a 10 meter distance around him with his senses, making it so that he could see anything anywhere within this space.

After he searched for their memories, he was astounded by his findings. Firstly, he found out that there was a secret organization that seeks out ability wielders. Apparently there was some fantasy stuff happening behind the scenes across the world.

Their leader assigned a group leader to find out if the person affected by the meteorite fall was granted with abilities or not by testing. He saw that some people were rarely granted special abilities from these meteorites so they thought that Lucas was probably a new ability wielder.

The catch was that their group leader named Kane, who was an extremely scheming person, ordered his men to kill him and clean his body up saying that there is no need for a rising star to grab the attention of the higher ups.

Kane then planned to make a made up report, stating that the target did not reveal any abilities and was deemed to be a normal person. With that in mind, Lucas started to plan his next movements.

He started healing the group of men using his knowledge about the human body then replaced their memories with a different one, a situation in which they were able to complete the mission. Now he made them stand up and relax their backs beside a tree far from their battle site to cover up anything suspicious.

He hid and saw the men wake up simultaneously, as if they already completed their mission and started to go back to their headquarters. Lucas also went back home pondering about what he should do next. 

‘Kane, since you decided to kill me, don’t blame me for taking your life ruthlessly. From now on, you shall be my first blood.’ Lucas thought to himself as a murderous glint appeared in his eyes.

‘Since a threat has appeared in my life, it’s time that I test out the waters by finishing my secret organization.’ Lucas thought to himself planning to do his next actions. He decided to register his guarding business with Bam in charge of it.

It does not matter if Bam graduated or not since he can fake the documents and change the memories of the person in charge of registering, changing it as if Bam was an adult and not a young teenager.

He also added in it an adult version of Bam, since nowadays you can completely change someone’s face through the power of technology. After setting up his new business, he decided to start hiring members.

 

 

A month has passed since Lucas created his secret organization. His business was a guarding agency, where you can hire agents to guard important people but this was only a façade. Underneath it was an assassination organization Lucas set up with a group of chosen people. He decided to brainwash these people making them completely loyal to him and Bam.

He revealed to Lucas about the magical abilities he wielded, making Bam completely surprised and asked if Lucas could teach him how to do it. He said to Bam that he is already strong compared to world champion fighters and there is no need to worry. He also told them about the brainwashing act to Bam, making him praise Lucas more.

He also did the same to the personnel managing the agency, stating that if someone threatened them to cough up information, then they would not give information to the hostile people. And now, the organization was born. Lucas decided to name the agency “Titanium Guardian Agency” while his most powerful assassins that he trained was named the “Sword Of Riel”.

About the assassins, he decided to infuse the knowledge within them while Bam was training them, making them learn faster and become much stronger. He also tempered their bodies as well using the [ Quick Speed Stretch Manual ] making their bodies more agile than other people.

With this, Lucas managed to create a pretty powerful team of assassins. Within this month, their business was booming as a lot of famous celebrities started to use the Diamond Guardians as their agents to guard them. Bam gets half of the payment while the other half goes to Lucas.

Bam was thankful to his boss for everything and swore to become stronger than he is now so that he could protect his boss and be his sword, destroying the enemies that block his boss’ path. With that said and done, Lucas finally decided to start attacking Kane by sending assassins to assassinate him without leaving a trace.

1