Chapter 12 – Ordering The Assassination Of The Davidson Family
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After last night’s event, Lucas and Brianna had a meeting and talked about how they would work with each other as his subordinate. Also, she asked Lucas how he would handle the Davidson problem but he only replied with:

“You don’t need to worry about it. Just know that laws will not be able to stop me from doing anything I want.” He never told him his secrets as he still does not trust her yet and he does not want to use a soul contract to his subordinates, like what he did to Bam’s assassins.

After a while of talking, they finally agreed on their plans to merge the two businesses and make it expand all over the world.

You can technically say that Lucas has already conquered the whole world. Anyway, Lucas went back to his apartment to finally continue his activities. He wants to experiment on his powers more often because that is what keeps him going for the day.

If he does not do it for at least a day, then he would be so bored out of his mind. Anyways, before he starts training he reaches for his phone beside the bed to call Bam. His phone continued buzzing until Bam finally picked up the phone.

“Hello boss, do you have any orders?” Bam asked Lucas while he responded, “I have a new job for you, but only you will do it. It’s time for you to learn something new. I need you to eradicate the whole Davidson Family, but I’ll send you the details later.”

“Bu-”

“Before you respond, I just want to remind you that you would have to do these things someday and I know that I am being cruel to you as you are just a child and the burden is heavy for you, but you have to be strong because only the strong shall survive in this world. 

“Also, the family you are targeting is full of bad people. Don’t associate yourself as a bad or good person either as we move and do things that we have to do..” Lucas told him in a slow and serious way of speaking.

A long silence ensued as Bam finally accepted his mission and waited for the important details. After ending the call, Lucas let out a long sigh while thinking to himself, ‘I’m surprised that I can say that stuff when I did not do it yet myself in the first place. I’m such a cruel human being, *chuckles*.’ He laughs a bit as he continues to mock himself.

Actually, Lucas still has not experienced his first kill, but just did it indirectly by ordering someone so that action does not count. After a while of contemplation, Lucas started removing those thoughts out of his mind and started on doing what he must do.

He was thinking of a way to improve his powers for the whole day but could not do so, as if he was stuck between a gap that he could not cross. He only managed to improve his powers only for a little bit, but he cannot pass the gap.

‘It seems that I cannot raise my powers for the time being. I have to think of a way to fix this,’ Lucas thought to himself as he realized that it was already night time, so he started to go back to his bed.

“The mission was ac-accomplished, no evidence was left behi-hind but… I spared the innocent ones.” Bam spoke in a shaky and a bit different tone, as Lucas realizes Bam’s situation right now.

“ *sighs* Okay, I’ll let that one slide. But if somehow a complication happens because of that reason, I will be punishing you until you learn your lesson, got it?” Lucas responds as he sighs at Bam's actions. He drops the call and his phone beside the bed as he is thinking about something.

‘At least that’s how you reacted from your first kill. You better remember that feeling because that might be gone in the future and you might go numb from all the killings that would happen from now on.’ Lucas finishes thinking as he drops by his bed to sleep.

Even though ability wielders do not need that much eating and sleeping, Lucas still continues to do so as he relaxes his mind and he would retain the humanity he has left before becoming a being which transcends body limits.

You can also achieve the same through meditation and the results would be better, Lucas thought of a way to meditate while sleeping, so the results were better than just meditation or sleep alone can do.

After a while, he finally passes out and experiences a good and deep sleep. After that, he somehow notices something strange. He starts hearing those weird whispering sounds again, but he could not understand what he was hearing but after a while of hard work, trying to figure out what he was hearing, he manages to understand some words along the entirety of the whispers.

After remembering, he suddenly hears his phone ringing out loud as someone is calling him. His eyes jolt open from being woken up. He lazily picks up the phone from his bed as he listens to the news brought to him by Bam.

“Boss, we just received a news that Ms. Brianna was kidnapped and is being kept hostage by Richard’s father, Douglas!” Bam hurriedly reports to Lucas.

“What did you say?!” Lucas shouts as Bam repeats what he just said, adding that the cause of the kidnapping might be because the innocent that were taken were abducted first and has been asked questions about the situation of the Richardson Family.

“Alright, I’ll rescue her myself so bring some competent assassins with me, we will go to the place where she is being hostaged. Also, you stay here and get ready for your punishment.” Lucas spoke back to Bam coldly, reminding him of his mistake.

‘I seem to have forgotten that I have a technique to replace memories but it seems that it needs to use my extraordinary senses. I will have to find a replacement for that and teach Bam so that he would not do this naive action again next time.’ Lucas pondered to himself after dropping the call.

“You better not do anything to my subordinate or else, I will show you what true despair means.” Lucas grimly says to himself with a cold voice as he starts packing up quickly as he boards a ship across the Hemolin Islands, just beside the country of Lagos. 

But Lucas was surprised as he met someone who will go to the same island and also has the same purpose as him.

1