Chapter 14 – Meeting Brianna’s Older Sister
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas enters the ship as he quickly goes to his room, waiting for the ship to arrive at his destination. After 3 hours of travel, the ship finally docked within the Hemolin Islands’ docking station, as Lucas exited his room as well as the ship with Bam’s subordinate assassins, heading towards the island.

As he stepped foot on the island, he started to find out about where he should go so he asked a barista at a nearby bar about where the mansion of Davidson Family was. “Boss, can I ask something?”

“Sure, what is it? Also, wanna buy some drinks while you’re at it?” The old barista said to him as he chuckled.

“Sure, I’ll have a glass of Margarita please. So, about the question, I would like to ask where the Davidson’s mansion is located?”

“Oh, are all of you their guests or something?”

“Yes, I have a bit of a quick meeting with them.” Lucas replied.

The barista finally gave some information about the location of the mansion. While at it, Lucas notices something that has been bothering him since he exited the ship. ‘Someone has been following me all this time. What could her intentions be?’ Lucas pondered to himself.

After the bits of information he received, he finished his drink as he ordered his men to hide behind the shadows and follow him without doing anything, and walked out towards the exit of the small bar. He then continues to walk to some place with no people around. He reacts and dodges quickly as he notices a punch behind him, a swift and powerful punch.

As he dodges, he swung his fists downwards, hitting his pursuer’s elbow pit rendering her unable to punch for a while. As expected, his pursuer was a woman. Tall woman with short and curly blonde colored hair, which seems to be not natural and just dyed hair.

She seems to not mind her left arm being unable to punch, using her legs to sweep through Lucas’ legs, as he slightly hops dodging the sweeping kick. He then vanishes within the pursuer’s eyesight because of his raw speed, he appears behind the woman leaving her shocked, unable to react and brings her body down to the ground.

As he holds her down he asks about her identity with a cold tone in his voice, “Who are you and why do you keep following me? Are you a spy from the Davidson Family?”

“That’s what I want to say back to you! Who are you and why does it seem like you are going for my sister?!” She says as she grits her teeth while struggling against Lucas.

“Your sister?” Lucas mumbles as he activates his << Atomic Vision >> and reads through some of her memories. “So you’re Melianne Lewis, the older sister of Brianna huh. Anyways, your sister is my subordinate, so it could be said that we are not enemies since we have the same purpose of coming here.”

He lets go of Melianne as both of them stand up as he proceeds forward to the Douglas’ mansion, leaving behind Melianne with a frowning face while gritting her teeth in madness. She then follows him as she still does not trust him, even with what happened before to her.

Once they reach the mansion entrance, Lucas orders his men to scout out the entire mansion and report to them their findings. After 30 minutes, they returned to him as they stated their findings.

“Sir, the mansion consists of only a few guards surrounding the entire lot of the mansion, while the rest of his men are guarding the inside of the mansion, only the target Douglas Davidson could be seen in his room.”

“Alright, let’s move out. Kill everyone surrounding the mansion, while we will handle the rest.” Lucas moved along with Melianne, completely destroying the metal gate with a kick. Up till now, Melianne could still not believe what she was seeing, amazed by the unnatural amounts of power that Lucas has, curious about it but she decided to ask about it later as she starts on a killing spree.

The place was literally like hell on earth, full of killing and dead bodies. A short while has passed since they entered the mansion and they have decimated every living thing there but before they could enter Douglas’ room, the door to his room opened, revealing Douglas with a carefree smile.

“Welcome, Mr. Lucas I presume? And you too, Ms. Melianne. It seems like the whole party is here so I guess we should start the show, eh?”

“You better bring Brianna out right now before I rip your head out of your body.” Melianne threatened coldly.

“Oh, don’t worry, she will be here soon, guards bring her in.”  The guards brought in Brianna, who was tied to a chair and her mouth was gagged. When she saw Melianne, she screamed for help while she was confused when she saw her other rescuer. It seems like she had seen him before but did not know where.

As soon as Douglas said that, he turned his back in front of them and looked towards the corner of the room and bowed. “Please master, it’s all on you now.”

A shadow hiding from the corner of the room started moving, showing its body from light. Both Lucas and Melianne saw a man in a tuxedo while wearing a hat, slowly moving towards them.

“So you’re his boss, huh..” Melianne spoke as she quickly dashed towards the man while bringing out her pistol, firing shots intending to kill him instantly.

“Wait!” Lucas yelled while putting his guard up while thinking why there was someone here even though his assassins told him there was no one except Douglas. ‘He is probably an ability wielder as even my powered up assassins could not detect him. I have to be careful just in case.’

Even though Lucas thinks he has more power than the enemy, he stays careful and does not dare to underestimate the man. In an instant, Melianne was blown up by the man with a kick on her stomach, Lucas appeared beside her to catch her and kept her behind his back.

Melianne then reluctantly said, “Fine, I’ll deal with Douglas and his other guards. Lucas, please be careful.”

Lucas quickly disappeared and appeared in front of the man and punched towards his body.

*Boom, boom, boom*

Multiple punches and guards happened in an instant, which is hard to catch up within a regular human’s eye, especially to Douglas and Melianne. Seeing that Douglas was not paying attention to Melianne, she quickly dashed and used her remaining bullets to fire a shot straight through Douglas’ head, but could not do so as it was blocked by Lucas’ enemy.

Seeing what happened, Lucas quickly followed while landing a kick towards the side of the man’s head. Seeing that his act of trying to kill Melianne was a failure, he then spoke while activating his ability.

“It looks like I have to remove everyone here so as to not have the possibility of the abilities’ existence coming out in broad daylight. Catch this, << Light Ray >>”

Giving out information about the existence was basically a taboo in the ability wielders' communty, as they would become all wielder's enemy and would hunt down the one who leaked their existence, then change the memories of those who have learnt of their existence and removing every single evidence found.

He pointed with his index finger, and a point of light quickly formed and shot out like a laser beam.

“Dangerous!” Lucas shouted as he picked up Melianne to dodge the incoming light beam.

They managed to dodge but the light beam shot through Lucas’ arm, leaving out a gaping hole the size of a coin. Lucas grunted from his wound then countered using his << Atomic Vision >> ability.

As soon as he used that, time seemed to slow down as his reaction and thought process became much faster. He then moved his body in a way that would not get shot by the man’s << Light Ray >> ability, as if he could predict where he was going to aim.

“My turn to show you what I’ve got.” When he reached close to the man’s body, he used his skill << Vacuum Punch >> as he opened his hands and acted as if he was grabbing the space and everything surrounding it, then released it with a punch, completely destroying the right shoulder of the man.

“AAGHHHHH!” The man screamed in pain as his body stumbled from the impact, dropping to the ground. “There’s no way I’m letting myself die alone, now everyone DIE!” 

He brought out a mysterious green colored gem as he infused it with his mana. The gem started to swirl as it tore up the space, completely out of the man’s expectations as he thought that the thing would explode.

“FUCK!!” He swore as he was scammed and deceived by the one who gave this gem to him. Lucas was dragged along with Melianne, the injured man, Douglas and his guards

“Sir!” Lucas’ three assassins screamed as they tried to get through the portal but could not as it closed, leaving behind the gem which is the cause of the entire thing. 

“We should probably report this to Boss Bam, only he could know what to do next.” An assassin said after a while of contemplation, while the other two nodded along as it was currently their best option.

“Boss, Sir Lucas was dragged along with the eldest miss of the Lewis Family. The root cause is a green gem brought out by his enemy, what should we do now? We are waiting for your orders.”

“What?! Okay, okay, how about Ms. Brianna?"

"She was left behind as she was too far from the portal just like us." The assassin replied.

"Then you should bring back Ms. Brianna to safety and bring that gem to the headquarters. We should trust Boss Lucas and wait for his return. Also don’t forget to clean the room and leave no evidence behind.” Bam replied to his subordinates.

“Yes boss!” The three quickly cleaned the entire mansion, getting rid of any evidence. They then escorted Brianna all the way back to her house without answering any of her questions.

0