Chapter 15 – Getting Trapped In A Small World (Part One)
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late post, I've been busy with my exams and other stuff so for now, expect to have inconsistent chapter uploads at least until next week. Anyway, that's all and enjoy reading!

Lucas, Melianne, and the man in suit appeared beside the space crack. They were all shocked at what they saw. It's as if they were in a new world, filled with lush trees and greenery.

After Lucas observed his surroundings,  he finally continued to punch the man, completely killing him. The man was unable to move anyway when they reached here as almost half of his torso was blasted apart by Lucas’ << Vacuum Punch >>, so he died easily.

He then started reading through his memories with his << Atomic Vision >>, allowing him to learn more about the world of ability wielders. ‘Oh, so that’s why almost all humans don’t have access to abilities. I’ll have to look into this more later.’ Lucas thought to himself.

 “So, what now? How did you do that, the powerful punches, the inhumane strength, and now this portal dragging us somewhere unknown?”

Melianne asked Lucas tons of questions, curious to know about his powers and the same about the man. Lucas silently looked at Melianne, hesitating if he should tell her or not. A sigh leaked out of his mouth as there was no other choice.

She was already a witness and she is now dragged into a very bad situation, so he decided to tell her what he knows. 

“It is said that there are 10 kings ruling the entire world who have boundless amounts of power. Ability wielders used to be common in the past but no one knows why they disappeared and the events about it being kept secret.”

“Now, us ability wielders are just battling in the shadows, all of us holding great power over the normal people. I guess I will have to turn you into my subordinate as well because there is no turning back once you get involved into the world of ability wielders.”

“For now, we should probably find a way out of this place.”

After speaking for so long, they finally decided to walk forward, intending to explore the place. They continued walking for an unknown amount of time as Lucas’ danger senses started tingling.

“Look out!” He shouted as he grabbed Melianne’s body, intending to dodge whatever was coming for them. Lucas turned his head and saw a huge spike standing diagonally from the trunk of the tree beside Melianne. A click sound was heard when Melianne stepped on something, which started glowing in some sort of runic symbol.

They dodged the cluster of traps which were trying to kill them so when Lucas used << Atomic Vision >>, he could finally see all the traps around them. Lucas dragged Melianne’s body in a specific way, trying to not activate any sort of trap.

After walking through the dangerous traps, they finally reached into a safe area, free from any traps. Before Melianne could heave a sigh of relief, Lucas dashed towards a creature, which looked like a giant wasp but its legs were filled with tiny sharp spikes, as if they were barbed wires.

Then he landed a roundhouse kick towards the head of the giant wasp, destroying the creature’s head and turning it into a green bloody mush. Lucas started dissecting the wasp, trying to see if there was anything inside it.

“Just how long are we going to stay here?!” Melianne complained as she was getting impatient from all the waiting. “Okay, okay I’m done. Let’s go.” Lucas said, feeling something bad is about to happen if they stayed here any longer.

And just like that, something bad truly did happen. Lucas could see armies of wasps coming to their way as they try to avenge their fallen comrade. Or if there was any sort of camaraderie between them.

Lucas modified his skill, << Wide Vacuum Punch >>, which according to its name, the same skill but with wider range intending to clean out the wasps blocking their way.

*Boom, boom, boom!*

Continuous barrages of wide vacuum punches could be heard as both of them tried to pass through the horde of wasps coming for their lives. “Let’s try this then.” Lucas murmured as he created a new skill which he called << Azure Dragon >>, blue flames burning everything apart like a dragon.

*Foooom* Continuous flames were bursting through Lucas’ hand as he was starting to get exhausted producing flames for almost half an hour. Lucas finally saw some sort of temple with his << Atomic Vision >> as he picked up Melianne’s body in a princess carry.

“W-wait what are you doing!” She was flustered by the sudden act of Lucas as his leg strength exploded, trying to get away from the wasps and inside the ancient temple.  He launched a kick towards the gate of the temple trying to blast it open.

Once the kick landed, it did not even put a single dent towards the metallic gate of the temple. Lucas and Melianne were shocked by the result of his powerful kick, not expecting the gate to endure the attack.

Lucas placed Melianne back down, while trying to figure out how to open the gate while the wasps were still far away from them since Lucas was too fast, leaving the wasps unable to catch them.

Though they were far away, the wasps could still smell the blood of their fallen peer as they still moved on to Lucas and Melianne’s direction.

Lucas used his << Atomic Vision >>, trying to find a way to open the gate. He could see some sort of symbol the size of atoms as they could not be seen within the naked eye. The symbols were like an arrow shooting towards the sun, they were filled with hidden meanings but Lucas could not guess what they mean for now.

He saw that the gate has a dial with an arrow attached to it, while surrounding the knob were different kinds of symbols. He spun the dial to its proper position, which is the sun when the symbol at the center of the gate changed.

*Bzz, bzz, bzz*

He spun the knob a couple of times when both he and Melianne heard the buzzing sounds behind them. “Be quick already! They are already on our backs.” 

“I know, I know!” Lucas said as he quickly tried to turn the arrow into its desired spots. A click could be finally heard and they could open the gate slowly because of its heavy weight. They then closed the gate, leaving the wasps unable to enter even though there was nothing above the gates.

Lucas and Melianne could both see some sort of barrier surrounding the entire temple as they could finally relax their bodies from the chase earlier. Meanwhile…

[ Brianna’s POV: 1st Person Perspective ]

‘Was that really Lucas? But how in the world is he suddenly looking young?’ I really don’t know why his face suddenly became young… His handsome fa- Wait, just what am I thinking about?!

I shake my head as I get rid of my thoughts and cool down my face, intending to ask Lucas about it later. Also, I noticed earlier that they were sucked into a portal. How did that fantasy-like event happen? Are there some sort of immortals secretly around this planet? Was Lucas some sort of immortal with powerful abilities?

I excitedly pondered about it as I could not believe what I just saw. The surrounding mansion was destroyed, as if some big battle happened around the area. I know that I am acting as if nothing bad happened to me and I wasn’t kidnapped but I could not just get over the things I saw.

I mean, after all, I am a big fan of cultivation novels and I have read tons of books from the fantasy genre. Now that I could see those things live, I could not calm down.

“Excuse me sirs, just what happened to Lucas and where are we going?” I ask the three men around me.

“Don’t worry young miss, we will protect you until we reach your destination. You can ask Sir Lucas about it later as we are not permitted to say anything about the situation.” He said that to me while we try to get onboard a ship to return to the country of Lagos.

After hours of traveling, I finally reached home and was welcomed by my worried parents. “Oh my darling, we are glad that you are back! I am so sorry that this had to happen to you again.”

My mom hugged me tightly while crying, asking for forgiveness.

“I swear to the heavens I will put the entire Davidson Family to jail! Those bastards dare to harm my daughter again? Now I have proof and I could let them rot in jail forever!”

After my tears fell from my face while hugging my mother, I told my father about the situation, excluding the fantasy stuff that happened.

“How about your sister, is she fine? If some bad stuff happens, I will not forgive myself for allowing her to rescue you.”

“Don’t worry, although I don’t know where they’ve gone, they will surely come back after a while. I saw them follow Douglas after all. I am sure they will bring back his head so let’s just trust them.”

“Them? Who’s with her?” My father asked me with a worried expression on his face.

“It’s Lucas, the one from the New Beginnings Jewelry Shop. He seemed to have heard about my situation as he rushed along. It seems like he knows a bit of martial arts.”

“Oh, then it seems like we have to thank him later for saving you then. Come, come, let me hear more about what happened so we could add it to the proof that I will send to the court later.”

We finally entered inside our home while I tried to explain to them what happened a while ago.

0