Chapter 19 – Training My Body [ Brianna’s POV: 1st Person Perspective ]
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a day since Lucas told us the situation of the world, and I must say, I am truly excited about what’s to come next. I only needed to follow the instructor so that I could develop my fighting skills.

I wake up from my sleep as I start to go and do my usual morning routine, with an addition of light stretching as I prepare my body for the training. I am doing my routine while waiting for the call so that I can meet up with the instructor.

*Ring ring ring*

“Oh, finally.” I am getting excited and restless, I might even be more of a battle maniac than my sister. It is probably just because of the benefits that I would receive, especially the abilities.

“Hello miss, are you ready to meet up?”

“Yes, where are we going to meet up?”

“No worries miss, I have already sent a chauffeur on the way to your house. It should be there right about now.”

“Okay, I’ll be waiting.” As soon as I said that, I ended the call and started packing things useful for me after I rest from my training.

Minutes passed when finally, the chauffeur arrived, and we went to our destination as soon as possible. When we arrived there, I was told to ride the elevator into the basement as there are private training grounds located underneath the building.

When I reached the place, I was met with my instructor. He was an almost balding middle aged man with a mustache and an unexpectedly well-built body. When I first saw his face, I thought his body would have a beer belly so I did not expect this outcome.

“Welcome, Miss Lewis. I am Terry, and I will be your instructor starting from now on.”

“Me too, nice to meet you.”

“Okay, now that we have gotten rid of our formalities, let us begin the training straight away.” he said to me as I started to place my bags somewhere and change into my training outfit.

Now as we started this training, I never once thought that my training would be easy but it seems like I have underestimated what I would be going through from now on.

“A HUNDRED MORE SIT-UPS, GO, GO, GO!”

“DON’T YOU EVEN DARE TAKE A REST FOR A SECOND, GO AND DO YOUR SQUATS!”

I am filled with anger and indignation as I follow his instructions, enduring all the abuse that my body is going through right now. ‘I swear to myself, I will pay this back to you twofold!’

30 minutes have passed since my training as the bastard finally let me go and rest for a bit. After drinking from my bottle, he came to me as I heard something I would never like from him.

“Now that we are done with the warm-up, it’s time that I teach you the basics of fighting.”

“WARM-UP?!” I shouted at him with shock on my face.

“Yes Miss, though you may not like what I am doing to you right now, but know that I am only doing what’s best for you and so that you can train more efficiently.”

I sigh and accept the hardships that would be coming my way. After resting for a while, it was finally time for him to teach me.

“Okay, the first thing that I would be teaching you is how to punch properly. Please go ahead and punch with all your strength.”

Following the instruction, I lifted my arms in front of my body and put up a standard fighting pose, and then I punched hard towards his guarding stance.

*Pack!*

Terry seemed to put a face as if he expected that my punch would be weak. Seeing the look on his face makes me want to punch him more.

“If you want to punch, always make sure to keep your hands up and guard your face and body. Now as you punch, turn your body along as you jab your fist in a straight line, with your non-dominant foot forward.”

“Also, make sure that you do not tighten your fist and just relaxedly close your hands into a fist to make sure that you don’t break your knuckles. Now do this repeatedly until your body memorizes the feeling.”

Following his instructions, I kept doing the exercise again and again to make sure I remember the feeling until my body was tired.

“Okay, next is the kicking. Step out your leg with your foot facing forward, and as you start the kicking motion, use your back leg with your knees bent. Do this to both of your legs to memorize the feeling and to get you used to it.”

We have been doing this all day until my body goes completely sore from all the punching and kicking that I have done.

After somehow getting used to it, it was now time to put all I have learned to good use. We started with light sparring, and the instructor teaches me as we fight, making me learn from my mistakes slowly but surely.

Now this has been going on for an entire week when I can finally fight on par with him, at least without him using his abilities.

*Pack pack pack!*

Multiple punches and parries could be seen from the training ground as we both went at it, while I fought with all my strength against my instructor. I took a side punch, aiming for the side of his body as he went ahead and blocked using his arm.

He then countered with a punch towards my face, and I quickly ducked my head to dodge the incoming punch while I grabbed his arm and swung a kick towards the side of his head.

He then again blocked my kick with his arm guarding his face as he pulled me while I was holding his arm, making my body come closer to him. I quickly let go of the arm to evade the incoming danger but could not do so as he headbutted me lightly, making sure I was not hurt.

“Sigh, I lost again. Why is this so hard, uggh!” I frustratingly said to my instructor.

“You don’t need to worry about it Young Miss, you are already on par with the best fighters around the globe without abilities. The last step is to cultivate your own ability. Sir Lucas told me that you should go and look for him as he will be showing you how to cultivate next.”

Terry said to me after he took a deep breath, letting out lots of words in one go.

I responded by nodding, and went ahead to drink from my bottle and finally take a rest. A lot has happened since the past week and you could say that my body has become well developed because of all the fighting and exercising I did.

I have now formed some abs, and my muscles became compact because of the constant exercise and resting. I am now getting excited as it was finally time to cultivate my own ability so I went ahead and rested for the day.

A day has passed since my training, and I decided to call Lucas to tell him about the situation. 

*Ring ring ring*

“What’s the matter? Are you already done with the instructor?” Luca asked me with a smooth voice.

“Yes, can I come to your place now?”

“Yes it’s fine. Since you are done, it’s time to give you a cultivation technique of your own.” 

“Okay, I’ll be there soon.” I end the call as I hum excitedly, waiting for what’s about to come next. I called for my chauffeur, and went towards Lucas’ apartment. Once I arrived there, I rang the doorbell and waited until Lucas opened the door.

Once opened, I stare at Lucas’ face again as I fall in a daze. Shaking my head off, I came in and saw my sister, seemingly with Lucas all week. I got pissed a bit, not knowing why as I said to her, “Oh, so this is where you were all along, huh?”

I said to her with a grumpy voice coming out of my throat. She snickered as she responded back to me, “Well, it’s not like you are the only one training to get stronger, we also had something to do while you were training.”

I harrumphed as I saw a new face, he was quite a young kid but I could feel a dangerous aura coming from him. “You are?”

“Nice to meet you, young miss. I am Bam, one of boss Lucas’ subordinates.”

“Oh? You are quite young and you have already been doing this stuff a lot earlier than I am?”

“Well, I was picked and saved by my boss when I was still a kid from the slum always robbing others, and I decided that I would serve him to pay him back.”

“Okay, anyways I’m Brianna. No need to call me young miss as we are both subordinates of Lucas anyways.”

Bam nodded as he accepted what I said as I went ahead to talk to Lucas. “Here, lean your head forward a bit so I can give you the knowledge you need to cultivate.”

I nodded as he placed his finger towards my head, transmitting all the important information needed to cultivate. After reading through the memories that I have received, I started to lay down and focus my mind to start cultivating.

I decided to create my own cultivation as well, since that is what my older sister seemed to do. I could feel as if my mind and body relaxed as I started to gather whatever energy was around me and started to wash my body using the energy.

I decided to use the cold energy, opposite to my sister and circulated them around my body, using them to wash every single atom in my body. I slowly feel the frostbite as my body shivered while trying to endure the pain I am currently experiencing, yet I did not scream in pain as I could still handle it, with what I had experienced from the past week.

After a while of cultivation, I could finally feel the relaxing sensation, as my body’s impurities were frozen and destroyed. I opened my eyes and started to test my abilities.

0