Chapter 21 – Saved Like A Damsel In Distress
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Melianne’s POV: 1st Person Perspective ]

It has been a few months and we were getting busy with the army creation as well as our cultivation and I and Brianna are along the way to meet with my former teammates when I was still working as an agent.

I was actually planning to recruit them  to be the leaders of each team in our army and if they don’t want to  participate, then I will have to force them to do so.

While we were being driven along the way, Brianna and I were just chatting about random stuff when suddenly…

*Boom* *Skrrrrt*

Our vehicle was targeted and so our professional chauffeur started to drift the car to avoid the incoming obstacles that were going on our way. Both of us sharpened our senses, trying to see who has the galls to target us.

We quickly got out of our vehicle and started to take cover in case there were any long ranged wielders targeting us but when we saw the whole situation, it seemed like there was no need because we could see that there were only three people in front of us.

The first one was a middle-aged man wearing a black coat and a monocle on his left eye. Along with him are twin women wearing maid outfits. Now I don’t know if these outfits are still common but for me, they look lame as hell.

“What’s your purpose, targeting us like this?” I told them with a threatening tone in my voice.

“You see, you really just had to disrupt my plans, and so I decided to remove you myself as I could see that you people are quite strong yourselves and I’m sure that our people will not be able to handle you. Anyways, enough chit chat. You two, go ahead and pick your targets.” He said as he ordered his two servants.

“I’ll handle the man, you go ahead and fight one of the twins. Also, message Lucas to come here just in case that it would be too much for us.” I said to Brianna while she went ahead and nodded.

I quickly went ahead and threw a punch towards the man’s jaw as he quickly caught my fist. The punch was powerful enough to send the man a meter away from me yet I kept pushing and attacking him, leaving no gaps in my defense while I tried to bring him down.

I lured him somewhere without any people around us, possibly within the alleyways of the building we just went in. When we finally hid ourselves within the buildings, I finally started using my abilities, and he also did the same.

With a swing of my hand, I let out a slash composed of hot flames towards my enemy, but he cancels out the ability with his ability, which seems to be an ability to control sounds which dispersed the flames and targeted my hearing.

I still managed to burn him though as he was not able to completely cancel out my ability. After all, the power of his ability was quite weak and he could only use different tactics to defeat me.

I quickly cover my ears because my hearing senses are enhanced so it was a bad match-up for me if I am not able to focus myself.

Seeing this disadvantage, he quickly blasts out booming soundwaves one after another completely disrupting my rhythm. I was trying to find a way to cover my ears but could not do so as my earphones are at home.

Minutes have passed and we have been in a stalemate and even I could not think of anything because of his annoying ability. I decided to use << Rain Of Fire >>, which is composed of multiple spears made of fire, falling down from above like rain hoping that it would do something.

It burnt his clothes and flesh for a little bit, but that was because most ability wielders don’t cultivate their body, only their abilities. So I can only say that I have the advantage regarding that.

I don’t really use that much of my brain when fighting and would always hope for the best, but there would also be times when I am forced to use my brain, just like this time or else I would really lose the fight.

Before I manage to do so, my enemy lets out a compressed ball of sound, shoots it at me and explodes. The vibrations managed to tear out a chunk of flesh on my stomach.

‘Shit! This is bad!’ I shouted in my mind as I started to panic and my consciousness started to fade out bit by bit. Even though I have improved regeneration, it would still probably take a long time to heal and I am constantly moving as we fight.

‘Please arrive soon, Lucas…’ I could only hope as I fought with all my strength, blasting everything against my enemy desperately.

[ Brianna’s POV: 1st Person Perspective ]

I moved along another alleyway while my sister is currently battling the man at the previous building. I honestly wanted to fight with my sister beside me but the circumstances are not allowing me to do so because our enemies are separating us from each other.

Anyways, I am fighting with one of the twins while the other is fighting with one of Bam’s subordinates who is acting as our chauffeur. I immediately used my abilities to catch my enemy off-guard but it seems like she had a quick reaction and didn't manage to hurt her.

I was practicing these past few months so I was able to conjure my magic quickly with just a thought. I flicked my hand upwards and used my << Ice Spikes >> ability, creating multiple ice spikes form the ground towards my enemy. It seems like her abilities are only advanced strength, speed, and defense and doesn’t have any magical abilities.

She quickly dodged all the spikes that I threw at her. In retaliation, she used her weapon which is a flail mace with two spiked metal spheres attached at the two chains. She swung her flail towards me, in which I dodged the first sphere, then entangled the second chain with my hand, pulling her towards me.

She quickly grabbed a hidden knife and slashed at my hand which is holding the chain. I couldn’t dodge it in time so she managed to put a gash in my arm. I quickly retrieved my arm close to me, and tried to fight back by shooting an << Ice Spear >>.

At the top of the ice spear is << Hidden Icy Needle >>, a hidden needle of ice, which I planned to use to target her eye and make her lose her sight. Sadly though, it seems that she has advanced vision as well since she managed to see my needle and slammed my ice spear downward, thus canceling my needle.

Now with a sudden crazed look on her face, she swung her flail then threw it midway, while I dodged it yet I was still surprised because what I didn’t see coming was her speed suddenly increasing a lot, as she appeared close to me in a blink of an eye.

With her hidden knife again she swung downwards my forehead, intending to kill me in one sweep. As I didn’t expect her attack, I did not manage to react in time and I realized that I was going to die.

Everything became slow motion to me and I remembered every special moment within my life.

‘I’m sorry, sis. Looks like I will have to go ahead of you. You too, Lucas. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to be with you and help you in your goals.’ I thought to myself as tears started to show in my eyes.

Though what I am sad about the most is the fact that I would never see Lucas again. That is because I realized how much I started to like him, about how his seriousness also comes with a bit of goofiness, about how he cares about me, and many other things.

I closed my eyes as the realization of my death came in, waiting for my impending doom. However, the pain did not show up and instead, a groan sounded in front of me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Lucas, with his arm hugging my body and another breaking the woman’s arm. 

In one fell swoop, he managed to catch and hug me, broke the arm of my enemy and sent her flying across the alley. Now with surprise and love overflowing my eyes, I shouted his name as I blushed furiously.

“Lucas!”

When I was about to die, he appeared in a cliche-like manner, an event that I didn’t expect that one day would happen to me. To my eyes, he was like a knight in shining armor, but instead he was just wearing casual clothes that could not cover his handsome face and sharp look.

I completely fall in a daze as I just stand here, watching his every move until I can hear him shouting my name in front of me and shaking my shoulders, waking me up from my stupor.

“Brianna, are you okay now? I’ve started healing your wounds but you were just unresponsive so that worried me for a bit.” He said to me with concern showing in his face.

“I-Im okay now, thank you for healing me.” I said to him with a smile on my face while I was stuttering for a bit.

“Okay good, now follow Bam here beside me so that he can protect you while I rescue your sister.”

“Sure.” I responded while nodding along to what he was saying.

0