chapter 1 : love at first sight
290 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The storm raged and roared throughout the late afternoon. I stared off into the distant void, enjoying every moment this ambience afforded me. The soothing and melodic pattering of the rain against the concrete floor was accompanied and interrupted by the frequent whimpers of Shinju. 

 

Shinju is my childhood friend. A once petite girl, she has since blossomed into a woman much larger than me in every aspect that could be mentioned, including being a scaredy-cat especially when it came to a thunderstorm.

 

And as per usual, she was curled up, her breath was heavy and looked as if she wanted to tear up.

 

I shifted over to Shinju to comfort her, sighing at her determination to stay with me despite her fears

 

“Would you like to go back to class?” I whispered into her ear, while patting her on the back. I could hear her heart beating through her chest.

 

Shinju simply nodded. I grabbed her by the hand and attempted to hoist her off the ground, but unfortunately, I haven't grown much since the time when Shinju was a petite girl. 

 

“Could you stand up?” I asked in complete defeat.

 

Heading my pleas, Shinju slowly stood up, her hand returning to the top of her head from staying limp on the ground after my attempt at bringing her up.

The echoes of footsteps rippled through the empty hallways. In the midst of cheering shinju on, a warm hand slipped onto my shoulder.

 

I turned back in surprise, an unfamiliar male face looked down at me, their hand retreated to a slip of paper that he held in both hands, his eyes shifted from me to the piece of paper.

 

“Hey, I have been watching you closely.”

 

I stumbled back, unable to process what he said. 

 

I was all over the place. My thoughts were muddled, my legs screamed at me to run, my hand wanted to give him a cold slap, and all my heart did was crumble itself into a singularity.

 

He advanced, I retreated, knocking against a wall. A sudden flash of bright light stopped my frozen state. I could roughly make out an outreached hand even with my eyes closed and shielded by my hand.

 

I opened my eyes to complete light. I couldn't see anything.. 

 

I could faintly hear someone getting smacked followed by a loud thud.

 

As my vision settled, a light blond haired beauty stood in front of me instead of the creep. A streak of light bounced off the sunglasses that rested on her silky hair. Her faintly glossed lips, her half zipped jacket and her extremely fair skin made my heart pound.

 

On her face sat violet amethyst-like-eyes, she offered her slender hand to me.

 

My face felt red, my thoughts were numbed. I stared longingly into her eyes, so much that I nearly stopped breathing.

 

I felt this invisible force pulling my heart to her. I breathed in deeply to regain my composure and to hopefully stop my heart from going off like fireworks. 

 

Taking her offered hand, I pulled myself up. Now face to face, our faces in kissing distance, I opened my mouth.

 

"Would you like to go out with me?"

 

The burning feeling on my face could not be stronger. I looked into her eyes with anticipation, my thoughts returned, squealing and about to burst.

 

She stood there, looking behind her and back to me. She remained silent, her eyes looking somewhere else.

 

"Hey, we are both girls you know?"

 

"So?"

 

She slammed the wall. Eyes locked onto me. 

 

I was shocked and my heart melted.

 

My thoughts flooded back into my mind like a flood. 

 

Was this a yes?

(this image was updated)

Image

 

10