Chapter 5
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asura Khan:

 

I was woken by my phone’s alarm. I looked up at the black canopy. The large coat of arms of our family sewn in gold right in front of me. I got up from bed and woke up Tenger. I walked into the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. The had white marble counters and both induction and fire stoves. I felt like eating some meat, so I made a bacon, ham and cheese sandwich. I looked at my watch, 7:45. Class started at 8:30. I took a quick shower and into my bedroom, I noticed there was a text from grandpa. “Hope you enjoy your first day at the academy. Your stuff will be in the class and the uniforms have already been prepared. I know you don't like to have people around that much so, all chores and things will be done while you are gone. You can do whatever you wish, so enjoy yourself my child” I smiled and replied simply “OK grandpa I will”. I put my phone down and walked to the walk-in closet. The inside was actually a large room with clothes of all sorts. To my immediate right there was a section labeled “uniforms” I took a folded set with me. It was similar to a business suit, however instead of a coat it had a Grey officers jacket. It was less fancy than my uniform from yesterday. Instead of epaulets the jacket had regular military shoulder pads except, mine had the family coat of arms in the place of the rank insignia. It by itself may have been a rank insignia but I wasn't sure. I put on my uniform and strapped my sword to me. I got a piece of chicken from the eagle food fridge, and threw it at Tenger. She caught it no problem. With her sharp beak and Talons she tore apart and devoured the chicken in a matter of seconds. Only now did I notice how large and razor sharp her talons were. I called her to me and she came and landed on my arm. I realized why my arms weren't ripped to shreds when I held her, she was being careful not to hurt me.  Then I called her to stand on my shoulder. She came and rested on my shoulder, then I noticed she was exerting considerably more pressure than before but she wasn't hurting me. As it seemed, her talons were not piercing the jacket. The jacket was resistant to the talons of the eagle. Fascinating. I looked at the time, 8:15. I got my phone, then left.

 

I realized when I exited my room, the outside had changed. I walked down the hall and took the elevator I saw  down to the first floor. I entered an area which was unfamiliar. It was a very large room, except it was modern. It wasn't like the rest of the castle. It was like a modern building. It had couches and resting spaces, TVs, a small kitchenette and a bunch of other things. I noticed a group of people sitting on the couches. I walked to the couches and noticed it was the rest of the royal class. I chose not to interact with anyone. Behind me I suddenly heard a loud voice behind me. “HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!” I turned and saw a woman presumably in her late 30s wearing a bright pink casual dress. She had wheatish skin, much like my mother did. She had a large gleaming smile with pearly white teeth. Her long hair was blonde and she had a little hair clip with a red star on it. She turned to me “AHHHH it's really you!”. She knelt down. I was extremely confused as I had never been put in such a situation prior to about 3-4 days ago. “Um, why are you kneeling?” “I am just supposed to” she then got up and got in close and began examining me. “I had heard that you had been appointed crown prince, but I never expected you to be in my class. You have grown so much” A girl with white hair interjected “I thought this school was supposed to be free from national influences.” The woman turned towards the white haired girl and replied “That is true Madame Kunshu , however the teacher has to come from somewhere. It's our responsibility as teachers to be fair to pupils above all. Because of this most teachers lose their respective citizenship upon taking up the teaching post until their time teaching is over. However there are 16 teachers who are the staff representatives of each of the 12 kingdoms and 4 empires. They oversee the affairs of that particular nation within the school. In the school, nations compete in the sports and events of the school as teams. Usually until a student of a higher status is made as part of a nation's particular student council delegation, we act as ambassadors. As you may have put together I am the staff representative of the Narakam Empire.  Which makes it all the harder for little Asura here.” the girl replied in a curious tone "Why would it be harder for him?” “Of course every teacher is thoroughly vetted, so the possibility of grading bias based on nationality is absolutely 0. However I personally make it harder on students for 3 things, if they are Narakam, or if I am related to them or know them personally outside school. Asura matches all of the above. But that is a story for another time, without further ado.” She cleared her throat.

 

“Hey everyone! I am Colonel Achiriya Çengiz Qahan, and I am going to be your homeroom teacher. If you have any questions please ask away!” A girl behind me with dark green hair spoke “What happened to our residences? What is this place?” “Great Question Madam Buraldag. As it appears, this year’s royal class is particularly special for reasons I can not divulge to you. The school administration has decided to connect all the residences into a single dormitory building. You will have to care for yourselves and live together. Of course your wardrobing and cleaning shall be done for you, but you will have to learn to  adapt. This building is connected to the palace. The place you are standing in the common area. This is the place where you can hang out and do whatever. ”  Ms Qahan looked at her watch. “Oh would you look at the time? We have much to do!” She twirled her finger, then we suddenly all appeared in a stadium. “We will start your academic year with magical ability tests. We need to know where everyone is! We will keep track of points from each test. There will be consequences for the one with the lowest grade. First test! Everyone teleports to their residences and retrieves the test badge sitting out in the open. The test badge will look like a large red star. The faster you are, the better your score is. Go on my mark. 3. 2. 1. GO!” I visualized my living room and teleported, I lucked out because it was sitting on the mantle of the fireplace.  I grabbed it and teleported to the stadium. I seemed to have come 5th. There were some who couldn't teleport and got no points. 

 

“OK, the next test is the summoning test. All students must summon a magical creature. Of course these creatures will become your servants. There are 16 summoning circles around the stadium. Everyone go to one and summon a beast, if you are unable then you fail this test”. I walked to a summoning circle. Each summoning circle was a 2 meter circle with strange inscriptions around the outside. I was sure I was going to fail, when suddenly, I felt a compulsion to move. So I followed it. I stuck my arm out and recited the words that appeared in my head. “Ō narakattiliruntu periya mirukam, eṉ aḻaippaik kēḷuṅkaḷ. Kirēṭ Narakam pēraraciṉ makuṭa iḷavaracar Asura Khan, uṅkaḷai avaratu ūḻiyarāka varavaḻaikkiṟār.” Suddenly Tenger squawked and flew into the center of the circle. The circle glowed bright red. The Family coat of arms appeared and glowed the same red. Suddenly an enormous pillar of blue fire shot up from the circle. Tenger disappeared, I was too shocked to respond. A blur of Black and gold shot up from the circle still engulfed in flames. My eyes weren't able to keep up with it. I was almost in tears.  I suddenly heard Ms Qahan behind me, “Asura, Get back.” I backed up, then suddenly the fire stopped and an enormous reptilian creature materialized before me. It looked to be a dragon. Each of its 4 legs were armed with claws, each almost a meter in length. Each of its dark black scales looked like shields. Its enormous golden wings were semi-tucked in, giving even more scale for how enormous the creature was. It bowed its head down and touched the ground in front of me. It bellowed loudly and I suddenly heard a voice in my head “I am the great dragon of death. You, Master, have awoken my true form.” It stared at me with its glowing red eyes. I heard Ms Qahan behind me talk to herself “This shouldn't be possible. Dragons are almost extinct. Black scales, golden wings and red eyes. NO! It couldn't possibly be. Could he be the successor? After all these centuries?” I looked at the dragon, I spoke to him with my mind. “So you were pretending to be a Narakam Eagle?” “That is the correct Master. I lay in hibernation as per my previous master's will, until his voice awoke me 2 days ago. You are his true successor, I have seen your true demonic form and tasted your blood. You are without a doubt, the successor.” “I have so many questions.” “All will be revealed in time, but I am not supposed to reveal anything. I am but your companion as my previous master who is your ancestor, once was.” “OK then, what is your real name?” “You were correct when you first named me, my true name is indeed Tenger.” “Do you have the same powers as a Narakam Imperial Eagle?” “I possess all those abilities and so much more, Master.” I grew conscious of the class and Ms Qahan behind me and replied, “So, could you turn back into an Eagle?” “Of course Master”. Tenger jumped up inot the air and spun around. In an instant the enormous dragon turned back into my beloved eagle. Tenger flew and landed on my forearm. I was happy enough that I cracked a smile and patted him on the head. I noticed a new symbol had appeared on his head, it was a blue crescent moon. I turned around and saw everyone staring at Tenger. It was a bit unsurprising given that Tenger was an enormous ~36 meter long dragon about 20 seconds before. Ms Qahan was mumbling to herself. I looked around, the beasts that had been summoned were fascinating, one of the girls had summoned a small bunny with horns. There was a serpentine creature with backward facing curved horns coming out of its sides. What stood out most of all, was a wolf with a majestic coat of white fur. What was peculiar about it, was the fact it had 6 tails each tipped with shining silver fur. On its forehead there was a symbol that resembled the sun. I looked around and tried to see who owned the wolf. I saw a head of white hair. Then my eyes met the girl’s while seeming a dull brown, for a split second I saw them turn into an enchanting blue. Her face, it seemed faintly familiar. It was as if it was a face I had known before. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn't help but blush. The words “I et statim iterum in occursum tui oculos aspexerint, amica mea” flashed in my head. I realized that the girl was blushing as well. I simply turned away to avoid embarrassing myself, I suddenly seemed to be able to remember her name; Tamashi Kunshu, heir to the Teikoku throne. Ms Qahan had gotten her bearings back. Her face was flushed and she spoke with less vigor than she previously had. “Class, that's it for now with the tests, in last place we have Yin Lilang. The punishment is embarrassment! hehe. Now then because this is your first day you only have 2 lessons for the rest of the day. Your next lesson is with Mr. Silah for combat lessons. You  can use your phones to navigate to your class. I will see you all tomorrow, and remember student teleportation on school grounds is strictly prohibited unless allowed by a teacher. Goodbye!” She snapped her fingers and warped away. I got my phone out and went to the app labeled “Kulinan Academy Nav” then I followed the map and walked off. 

 

I heard Amira running behind me yelling. “Asura, wait up!” I waited for her to catch up. She came up behind me puffing and panting. “Asura, you left me behind you meanie!” I looked down at her. Each of the school uniforms were a bit different, and my uniforms seemed to be mostly military and so were those of the other 3 empires. Amira on the other hand had a much more common sense of decorum for a school. It was a common high schooler uniform, black skirt and white shirt. The shirt stuck out the most for 2 reasons, 1 it had what I assumed to be her kingdom’s coat of arms. It was a book with a geometric compass and a snowflake. The other thing about her shirt was, to put it lightly, it was a bit small, especially in regards to her large chest area. It didn't bother me as much as it did make me disappointed with the level of decorum she was maintaining. But it still made me uncomfortable as a man. I started walking again and said “Was I supposed to wait?” “Yes, you generally wait for your friends when you are both going somewhere.” “Well, the concepts of friends and doing niceties with other people are foreign to me.” “Are you saying you have never had any friends?” “I didn't have time for such frivolous stupidities.” “Awww, so sad, little Asura all by his lonesome self. Maybe he wants someone to cuddle at night? I dunno someone like lets say… Tamashi '' the mere mention of her name made my heart race for some reason. This wasn’t normal for me. I had never met her yet it feels like I had known her for a lifetime. “What about him?” “Don't pretend I didn't see you both look at each other and begin blushing like mad. It looks like we have a little romance in this class. Hehe” “You better watch your tongue Alkitab, or else I might cut it off. Now then, where is your companion?” “Oh yeah, Bitrak. He’s right behind me”. We stopped and we both turned around and a small creature that looked almost identical to a Gentoo penguin came up to us sliding on its belly. It seemed to be generating a path of ice in front of it for it to slide on. “Here he is. Bitrak is so cute and cuddly. Speaking of which, I never knew your eagle turns into a frickin 'dragon.” “I didn't know he was a dragon in the first place.” “Sure. Anyways, let's get going or else we’ll be late.” “Fine”. We then both headed to class, if this day was going to set a precedent for a future, then this was going to be a long school year.

1