Chapter 2
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All Tony suddenly wanted was a sword. Frying Pan?! Why did he always say that?! Cause he thought it was funny! He didn't think he'd actually have to use it as a weapon! He rotated the handle in his hand. A zombie apocalypse. Man, he didn't think he'd be in one. A banging sound rang in his ears as something banged on his door. 

"Hello?" Tony went to the door without thinking and opened it. 

A zombie was waiting for him. Tony screamed and swatted his pan at the zombie's head. It fell down but got up. It was enough time for Tony to push past the zombie and into the hallway. He ran out the house and suddenly regretted it. Zombies surrounded the entire place. They surrounded Tony. He swatted at a few but soon he was surrounded and couldn't go anywhere and was too weak to be able to fend them off. Suddenly the zombie that was about to eat Tony's arm, it's head fell off and a bunch more zombie's fell dead. Some with arrows in them, others with slashes from a sword. Tony scrambled away from everything. 

"Get over here!" A harsh whisper demanded him. 

Tony listened and was with a girl with straight long light brown hair that was messy and tied back with a black bandana, blue eyes, a freckled sweaty face, a dirty tank-top, jean shorts, tennis shoes and a bow and arrow. 

"Welcome to zombie town." The girl shot an arrow into the skull of a zombie.

"Who are you?" Tony asked.

"My name is Thea." The girl shot another arrow and then set down the bow, "What's yours?" 

"Tony." 

Thea stared at the frying pan in Tony's hand and chuckled, "A frying pan?" 

"I didn't know! I didn't think I'd have to actually fight with one." Tony sighed and stared down at the frying pan.

"Well it's too late now." The girl shot her bow one more time. 

A boy with curly blonde hair,gray eyes, in a black t-shirt, tennis shoes, jeans, gloves with the fingers cut off and boots came over.

"Nice going there." He playfully punched Tony's shoulder, "Horrible weapon in a horrible state. Your lucky we were there." The boy put a sword away.

"Wish I would have chosen a sword." Tony muttered.

"Introduce yourself." Thea sternly told the boy.

"Right." The boy smirked, "I'm Derick." He held out a dirty hand.

Tony stared at it.

"Come on. You can't be afraid of some dirt." 

"I'm not used to it. That's all." Tony still didn't shake Derick's hand,

Derick finally pulled his hand away with a sigh, "Well, you're going to have to." He glanced around, "Let's move. I'm sure there are more coming."

"Right." Thea nodded and pushed herself up.

She glanced towards Tony and held out her hand, "Coming?" 

Tony nodded and took her hand. 

"Oh so you'll take her hand but not mine? Shesh." Derick rolled his eyes.

"Hey! It's fine. You are a little hard to get along with. Can't blame him." Thea shot back. 

Tony smiled at Thea for supported him. Derick just scowled. 

"Fine. Let's move it." Derick motioned for them to follow him.

"Where are we going?" Tony asked as he followed them through the now broken down town.

"To our base." 

"How long have you guys been here?"

"A long time. I've been here longer than Derick." Thea answered just as she had the last, "Everyone comes at different times. It's the machines job to choose when you are ready." She grinned, "It's normally around the time you've been asked the question." 

"Yeah . . . my friend asked it to me." 

"Then the machine asked to make sure." Thea nodded, "And you still said frying pan."

"Again, I didn't know!" Tony frowned deeply and Derick smirked well Thea laughed. 

They walked the rest of the way in silence. 

They stopped at a tiny building.

"We're here." Derick walked to the door and pushed it open, "Get in." 

Thea walked through and Tony followed. Derick came and shut the door. He motioned towards a trapdoor, "Down there."

Thea went down and so did Tony and Derick. They headed down a ladder into a small room.

"We should be safe here." Thea said softly, "They can't get us when we're underground." 

Thea headed towards a small cut in the dirt wall and took out a loaf of bread. He set it down on a small piece of cloth and motion for Tony to sit. They all sat around it and Derick began cutting the bread.

"So, how did you two meet?"

Derick glanced up and then sighed, "You ask too many questions." He handed Tony a piece of bread, "Eat." 

Tony took it and bit into the soft food.

"Derick doesn't like to admit it but I saved his life." Thea smiled.

"Yeah, yeah." Derick rolled his eyes.

"What happened?" Tony leaned forward.

"He was surrounded and wasn't able to fend off the zombies on his own so I shot a bunch down so he was able to get away." Thea glanced at Derick almost in a nervous way, "I brought him to different places for bases.Then we came here. We made this little area since zombies were able to get into the top part." She shrugged.

"It wasn't easy." Derick confessed and wiped his empty hands on his black t-shirt. 

"Not at all." Thea laughed quietly.

They were silent for a moment more well Thea and Tony finished eating.

"What about you?" Thea asked when she finished, "What was your life back in the . . ." She paused, "Normal world?"

"It was fine. Pretty boring. I lived with my parents, went to school, you know, the basics."

"Parents . . . school . . . two things I haven't had in a long time!" Thea smiled calmly, " I mean I miss my parents . . . but school? Ha! That's the one thing I like about this place!" 

Derick smirked, "Me too." 

A loud banging filled the room.

"What was that?!" Tony asked in a panic.

"Zombies." Thea darted up.

"How did they get in?!" Derick jumped to his feet as well and Tony scrambled up.

"They're trying to break open the trapdoor!" 

Another loud bang filled the room and a bit of goo and a chewed off arm fell down.

Tony screamed.

"THEY BROKE IN! GET READY TO FIGHT!"

1