139. Thunder in the Iyr
244 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Small,’ Jurot thought. 

He held Lanarot in his arms, their eyes glued to each other’s. 

Jurot didn’t feel especially close to his sister, though he would no doubt die to defend her. 

However. 

For a little while now, he had been swallowed by an all consuming thought. 

His heart kept pounding within his chest violently, thundering like a storm. 

His thoughts were only on his little sister, Lanarot.

‘Hot.’ 

Her body was so hot to the touch, and as he placed his hand over the girl’s chest, causing her to twitch and look down at his hand, he could feel how rapidly her heart beat. 

‘She is chubby,’ Jurot thought, gently rubbing her stomach. ‘Those arms are so small and feeble. Were mother’s arms so small when she was a baby? Were mine?’

Those tiny, chubby arms, which would one day wield an axe to hack into her worst enemies. 

Then their eyes met again.

The dark eyes of most Iyrmen. 

Yet, these eyes they possessed were very specific eyes. 

Their eyes were dark, yes, but they were exactly the same as another Iyrman’s. 

Though the pair were the son and daughter of Surot and Sonarot, and whereas Jurot looked almost identical to his father, they had both inherited their mother’s eyes. 

So when Jurot stared into his sister’s eyes, he found his mother’s eyes staring back, the same eyes he had become so familiar with over the years.

Lanarot, who was looking at this relative stranger, could also see those same eyes she had seen for her entire life, staring back at her on a stranger’s face.

She would continue to stare into her brother’s eyes, sometimes her eyes dancing across his entire face. 

Their hearts continued to pound wildly, as though synchronised to their own metronome. 

“Yo Elder Zijin,” Adam called, waving a hand to the Orcish Iyrman. “How are you doing this fine day?”

“I am doing well, Adam,” Elder Zijin said, wondering what kind of trouble Adam was going to get up to today. He was currently within a warehouse, checking the various resources.

“I was hoping to discuss with you about whether I could create bespoke magical weapons for the Iyrmen.”

“What is it that you wish for exactly?” Elder Zijin asked, narrowing his eyes slightly at the Half Elf. He wasn’t sure what kind of game Adam was playing today, and he was on high alert. If Adam did something terrible under his guidance, then it would be Elder Zijin who would have to suffer. 

“I want to create weapons, enchant those weapons, and sell them to the Iyrmen for a fair price.” 

“And?” Elder Zijin asked, waiting for the moment Adam would reveal his true deviousness.

“Uh,” Adam replied, blinking at the Elder. “That’s it?”

“That is it?” Elder Zijin stared at the Half Elf. “You came all this way to ask just that?”

“Yeah,” Adam replied, simply. “Well, I also need permission to use the enchanting shrines too.”

Elder Zijin had smirked when Adam said he needed something else, but he frowned when Adam asked for something reasonable. A deep sense of disappointment filled his soul.

“I’d like to be paid in gold or gems, gems preferably.”

“That should be fine,” Elder Zijin replied, coldly. ‘Come on, Adam. Give me something!’

“I’m offering my services to create bespoke weapons for the Iyrmen, whichever kind of weapon they like, as long as they provide the materials for everything, and pay me the rest of the gold required. I might still create my own weapons to auction or sell, though I’ll of course give the Iyr first rights, unless someone comes to me beforehand about it. Is that fine?”

‘Why are you so reasonable, Adam? That’s no fun.’ Elder Zijin sighed, only to realise how foolish his thoughts were. All those times when Jaygak would stir up trouble, causing his heart to panic, and now he was wishing for Adam to do the same?

‘Are you growing senile so soon?’ he thought to himself.

“Elder Zijin?”

“That sounds fine,” Elder Zijin said. “You have already traded for the rights to use the shrines. If you are to sell the items outside of the Iyr, then there must be a tax paid.”

“How much?”

“A hundred gold for each item,” Elder Zijin said. “Whether you sell it for five hundred or ten thousand, we shall take a hundred gold as payment.”

“Sounds good to me,” Adam said, giving the Elder a thumbs up. “You’re always so agreeable, Elder Zijin.”

Elder Zijin’s lips twitched. “That is because I still hope that I can make you mine.”

Adam covered his arms across himself. “What?”

“You are not married yet, are you?” Elder Zijin asked. “If you are interested, I can introduce you to some of my nieces.”

“I’m fine, thank you,” Adam said.

“Then what about my nephews?” Elder Zijin asked.

“No, thank you. I don’t roll that way.” Adam raised his arms into a cross to stop him.

“You do not roll that way?” Elder Zijin asked, unfamiliar with the phrase. ‘It must be an Elvish thing.’

“It means I don’t like men that way,” AdamKingdom said. “I don’t roll with them.”

“Oh,” Elder Zijin said, nodding his head. “Oh?”

“What?”

“You do not enjoy the company of men?” Elder Zijin asked, shocked. 

“No,” Adam said. “I get that a lot. Apparently Elves have quite the refine palate?”

“Yes,” Elder Zijin said. “I am surprised that you do not.”

“I’m queer in many ways, Elder Zijin, but that is not one of them,” Adam said. 

“I would have never guessed.”

“Also, another question I have is about the party members I had brought. I know Jurot said they were his Guests, but it was mostly up to me. Is that alright? I’m not exactly sure how much I trust either of them, considering how I met Jonn, and Dunes seems to really want to kill Lucy…”

“Jurot has accepted them under his family’s care,” Zijin said. “If they cause an issue, it will be his responsibility.”

“Right,” Adam replied, frowning slightly. It was weird that Jurot would be responsible for Adam’s mistakes. “If there comes a time when you have an issue, any issue pertaining me, please come and speak with me. I want to remain in good standing with the Iyr.”

“You are a Nephew of the Rot family,” Elder Zijin said, smiling. “You are free to come and go as you please within the Front Iyr and Main Iyr. If there are any issues, you will at least have the protection of the Rot family. If there is an issue, we will bring it up with Sonarot first, and if she does not settle the matter, then we will bring it up to you.”

“Aunt? Why would you bring it up to her first?” Adam asked, surprised.

“She is the Head of the Rot family,” Elder Zijin replied, simply. “If not her, who would we speak to?”

“Me?” Adam replied. “What’s the point of bothering my Aunt with that sort of thing?”

“It is her responsibility. She will protect you from minor matters, and she may have a reasonable explanation for whatever issues arise. If it is more serious, then we will bring it to your attention. You do not need to stress about small matters, Adam.”

“Aunt is busy raising my adorable little sister,” Adam said, sternly. “Don’t bother her with mundane matters.”

“I will take your words into consideration,” Zijin said.

Adam nodded. “Thank you for the conversation.” The Half Elf turned and left, making his way back to the family estate. 

‘Is he really not gay?’ Elder Zijin thought. ‘Is he really an Elf?’

When Adam returned back to the estate, he found that Jurot, who had finished eating, having chewed on his thoughts as he ate, was staring at Lanarot, who was returning his stare.

Sometimes the little girl would giggle and twitch, before falling still again, taking in his sight.

‘Cute,’ Jurot thought. ‘Cutest In The Whole World.’

“Wait,” Adam said, quickly rushing up beside Jurot, slowly snaking his arms around the girl. “You can’t just hog her for yourself.”

“She is my sister,” Jurot said, not letting her go.

“She’s my sister too,” Adam replied. “You got to play with her for lunch. Don’t be greedy.”

Jurot let his sister go, but stared down at the chubby girl, who squirmed slightly in Adam’s lap, before looking up at him.

“Did you miss me, my little Lanarot?” Adam reached up to tickle her nose with his finger. 

She giggled up at him and clapped her hands, before reaching up to grab his finger. 

“How cute,” Adam said.

“Cutest In The Whole World,” Jurot said. 

“Right?” Adam continued to tickle the little baby’s nose, causing her to sneeze weakly. “Even her sneezes are so cute.”

Jurot would have thought that Adam was crazy, but there was something wrong with him at that moment.

Rain began to fill across the Iyr, and soon there was a flash, and moments later thunder rumbled in the distance. 

The noise made Lanarot shudder and cry, causing Sonarot to pick her up to soothe the girl. 

“There, there,” Sonarot said, patting her back. “The storm has begun, Lanarot.”

“You make it sound like it’s going to last a while,” Adam said, retreating back into the estate. 

“It will,” Sonarot said. “Until evening, every day for this month.”

Adam blinked. “That sounds horrible.”

“You will get used to it.”

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFQtLDMi.png

Click banner for Patreon and come join my Discord too!


Jurot slowly understanding what babies are.

I keep getting new patrons and new followers! Expect more double chapters coming out for at least the next few days.

10