148. The Storm Lord
257 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Omen: 3, 14

Adam stared up at the number.

14.

Almost five threes.

Twice that of seven.

Roughly two thirds of the way to what he really needed.

He had rolled so well for his enchanting so far, so to see the number was a disappointment. It was high enough that he’d be able to enchant something well, but considering just how great his current weapon was, near perfect, he didn’t want to enchant.

Lanarot kicked him out of his thoughts.

Adam glanced to the side, staring at the baby who clutched at his finger.

‘Alright, I won’t kick up a fuss about it.’

Sonarot did not save Adam this day, allowing him to remain with her daughter, as her son and the others went to train for the day.

“I should probably finish giving my gifts,” Adam said, eventually.

“You still have more gifts to give?”

Adam smiled. “There are a few families who have assisted me in my journey, and I want to make sure they’re well taken care of.”

“Ah?” Sonarot smiled. “Do you need directions?”

“Please.”

Once Adam had finished a quick bath to make himself presentable, he grabbed the rest of the gifts he had brought, carrying with him a large pack, before following Sonarot’s directions.

“Adam?” Dargon asked, staring at the young Half Elf.

“Good morning,” Adam said. “How are you?”

“I am well. It has been some time since I have been tortured, so I cannot complain.”

Adam cleared his throat. “Right.” He noted the various children around. ‘Seems like the Iyr doesn’t coddle their children…’

“Yeah, about that… I appreciate what you’ve done for me so I wanted to check up on you and hand out the gifts I received from my last adventure.”

“So you have returned from an adventure? I had not heard,” Dargon admitted. “You have brought us gifts?”

“Yeah,” Adam said, reaching into his pack to reveal the Dragons scales, white and blue.

Dargon stared at the scales for a long moment. “Are those Dragon scales.”

“Yes.”

“Those are your gifts to the children?”

“Yes.”

“Did you kill a Dragon?”

“No,” Adam replied back. “I killed two.”

Dargon stared at the Half Elf.

He had heard so many things from Adam’s lips, and this wasn’t the most ridiculous thing he had said.

“You have quite the story to tell. Come, tell us your story.”

“Alright,” Adam said. “I brought gives for all the children, I hope.”

Adam was invited inside, where he sat as the children were gathered. Adam began the tale.

Performance Check
D20 + 3 = 7 (4)

He skipped through quite a large portion, and spent quite some time on a rant about Sir Harvey, doing his best not to allow any curses to slip through considering he was around children at the time.

Though his oral skills were not up to par, the children still clapped when he mentioned all the beasts he had slain, including the two Dragons.

They glanced to Dargon, who had listened intently, and the children realised it was probably a true story.

“Two Dragons?”

“Wow.”

“How many have slain two Dragons in one outing?”

“My great grandaunt killed two Dragons in one outing,” a Wyn child said, nodding her head.

Another Wyn child nodded her to agree with her sister.

“Are you strong?” a child asked, staring up at the Half Elf.

“A little,” Adam replied. “I’m strong enough to cause trouble with quite the number of Iyrmen.”

“You are no good with telling tales, but you are very good at dragon slaying,” a child said to him, staring up at him with stern eyes.

Adam threw a look to Dargon, who only smirked in response. “This is why I love Iyrmen. They tell the truth even if hurts the soul. Even when they look at you so adorably.” Adam threw his head back, as though deep in thought.

Dargon nodded.

“Now that the terrible tale is told, shall we dispense with the gifts?” Adam asked.

The children quickly chattered away excitedly at the Half Elf, who smiled.

Adam handed Dargon’s son, a young boy of five with a White Dragon scale, the boy excitedly holding it, before seeing the Blue Dragon scale. He reached for it, confused, staring at the Half Elf for a moment.

The boy then looked to his father as Adam brought out a piece of pottery. He glanced between his father and the Half Elf, though he was being set up by the police.

“What?” Adam asked.

“Three gifts?” the boy asked.

“No,” Adam said. “Four.”

The boy had calmed when he had heard that he wasn’t gaining three gifts, but filled with a panic when he heard it was going to be four gifts. He looked to his father, full of confusion, glancing between the Half Elf and his father.

“Four gifts?” Dargon asked.

“A White Dragon scale from Vandra, a Blue Dragon scale from whoever the Blue Dragon was, some pottery and a strip of cloth.”

“Why are you giving so many gifts?” Dargon asked.

“Why not?”

Dargon stared at the Half Elf.

Why not?

It was a question he wasn’t expecting.

In the Iyr one would give a gift to most children they come across, two at most to those who they were especially close with.

“It is expected to give one gift to the children of the Iyr,” Dargon said.

Adam sighed, placing a hand on the man’s shoulder. “Dargon. When have I ever done anything that was expected?” The Half Elf raised his brow.

Dargon slowly nodded. “That is true.”

The other adults, the spouses and siblings of the Iyrmen he had met, turned to Dargon to see how he was going to deal with the matter.

“Adam is a queer man,” Dargon said. “Though he may say things which defy reason, it comes from his own logic. Since he’s offering so many gifts to our children, let us count our fortunes.”

The adults didn’t seem pleased with the answer, but they accepted Dargon’s input.

“As I said,” Adam said, patting Dargon’s shoulder. “I am grateful for all you’ve done for me, Dargon.”

“I have done very little.”

“You listened to my lunacy, and when my family needed help, it was you who came with us, little brother of Argon.”

Dargon smiled. “There is no need to mention it.”

“It is part of your story isn’t it?”

The Iyrman flashed a smile, nodding his head slowly. “Sometimes, Adam, I fear you are too smart for your own good.”

“I assure you, Dargon, you are absolutely correct.” Adam stifled a chuckle, though Dargon did not stifle his own.

“Come, let me introduce you to everyone.”

“Perhaps another time,” Adam said, feeling the rain begin. He looked up towards the greying sky, which had been creeping in since he had started handing out his gifts. “My little sister must be crying without me and I need to be with her. I have gifts to give to others too.”

“It is good to see you are well, son of Fate. I am glad that you returned safely, with such a story to tell.”

Adam smiled at the Iyrman. “You haven’t seen anything yet.”

“I am sure.”

Adam returned to the family estate, where he saw his little sister sitting on her mother’s lap, cuddling up close to protect herself from the flashes and the rumbles.

She seemed to have become used to it over the past few days, so she didn’t need as much coddling from her mother as the woman brushed through her hair.

“Look at you, so brave,” Adam said, picking her up.

Lanarot coughed and began to cry, but soon rested herself against his shoulder, sucking on her thumb.

“Do you want to see the rain?” Adam offered, bringing her up to the window.

The flash of the lightning soon passed, followed by the rumble. She pulled back and

where she saw the flash, causing her to twitch and pull back. She began to whimper in his arms.

“Lanarot, look,” Adam said, reaching out the window for the rain to drop on his hands.

Lanarot looked up at his hand and reached out with her own, feeling the water drop onto her hand. She cried as she pulled her hand back, but then stared at her hand, seeing how wet it was, feeling the rain drip down.

She babbled as she shook her hand, causing water to fly everywhere.

“Oof,” Adam said, turning his head so the water struck his neck and cheek instead of the rest of his face.

Lanarot looked up at him.

She smiled and laughed.

“So, you have betrayed me, my own sister,” Adam said, leaning in to blow a raspberry against her forehead.

She squealed and clapped her hands together, before bringing her hand to her mouth, smiling up at him as she sucked on the side of her hand, tasting the rain, causing her to look at her hand in confusion and shock.

The flash came again, causing her to twitch, and she looked outside.

“Gurarara!” Adam exclaimed as the thunder came.

Lanarot looked up at him in surprise, her eyes wide as he made the sound.

Adam raised his hand and continued to growl out the word whenever the thunder rumbled, as though he was the master of the storm, causing Lanarot to remain staring at him in shock.

“You may call me Storm Lord Adam.”

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFQtLDMi.png

Click banner for Patreon and come join my Discord too!


Just some cute wholesome chapters. 

Thus begins the second enchanting arc, and Adam living in the Iyr. 

I'll throw out a few more double chapters because the next part is a bit slow.

13