217. Quests Complete
243 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Adventurer’s Guild in Ever Green was huge. It was fairly similar to the Adventurer’s Guild in Red Oak, made of stone for the first floor, and the next three floors were made of wood, getting slightly smaller towards the top. However, there were so many flowers and vines growing all around the Guild, and there were even small sections where a bunch of old people were currently relaxing on the roof top garden.

‘There’s something else which is different about it,’ Adam wondered as he stepped forward. As he did, he understood what it was. ‘Big.’

The Adventurer’s Guild in Ever Green was at least a tenth bigger than the Adventurer’s Guild in Red Oak.

“Damn,” Adam said. “This place is nice.”

He noted the field to the side, and another field nearby which was fenced off slightly, but was full of herbs.

“Ever Green is known for having the greatest number of Alchemists,” Jurot explain, noting the garden. “They have Alchemists at a similar to level to the other towns and cities, but at a greater rate, even though their population is much lower.”

“That’s pretty cool,” Adam said, stepping into the Adventurer’s Guild. ‘Whoa.’

He was hit by an earth sweet smell. It was flowery scent which permeated throughout the entire Guild. The interior of the Guild was also quite large, and there were a number of Adventurers relaxing together, playing with cards and dice, or just eating together, or drinking some tea.

The group made their way to the counter where an older man was currently sitting, reading a book. He glanced over their way as they arrived.

“Sir Landon,” the older man said. “How may I be of service.”

“We are here to report the completion of a few quests,” Sir Landon said, before the items were brought around. “There are also a few matter which must be discussed.”

The older man nodded his head, placing down his book, before checking what they had done. The line of people who had been tied up were quite interesting to him, and he assumed who and what they were.

“Oh,” the old man said. “If it isn’t little Charlie.”

“Hello, mister,” the boy said.

“Why don’t you come around back and we can have some tea,” the old man said. “I will finish processing the quests a little later.

“This place is so chill,” Adam said, taking a seat, almost taking off his helmet, before he remembered where he was. The party began to eat, though Adam took it easy, relaxing at the side.

“I thought I saw an Iyrman around these parts,” an older man said, taking a seat beside Jurot. He was in his early fifties or so, and wore a breastplate, carrying at his side a blade. There was a sharp scarp across his face, from the top of his eye to the bottom of his chin.

Lucy stared at him with a hungry look as she bit into a leg of roasted pig.

“I am Jurot, son of Surot,” Jurot said, extending a hand.

“Vandal,” the man said, shaking his forearm. “No relation to the Dal family. Retired Adventurer, Steel Rank.”

Adam felt the name was familiar, but couldn’t quite place it.

Jurot nodded. “Steel is good.” Jurot placed the man’s strength similar to that of his mother, though in a general sense.

“There’s been quite a few Iyrmen around these parts,” Vandal said. “Heard they’re all fighting Sir Harold.”

“Yes,” Jurot replied, simply.

“You here for the same?”

“No.”

The Adventurer looked to Lucy and Adam. “You Iyrmen are such a queer lot, moving around with others who are from the… other races.” He couldn’t find a nice way to say it.

“Yes.”

“Though we’re used to you being with Devilkin, cause some of them are Iyrmen and all, but it’s rare to see that race,” he said, looking to Adam.

“Adam is my brother,” Jurot said.

“A brother?” Vandal asked.

“Oh,” Adam said. “Kandal, of the Dal family. I knew I recognised the name.” He had figured it out after a short while, but had spoken up to interrupt the conversation.

Jurot nodded. “Do you have any stories?”

“I have quite a few,” he said. “In fact, there are a few Iyrmen I’ve travelled with. There was one kid a few years ago right before I retired. Randan? They call him the Marching Death.”

“Randon,” Jurot said. “Descendant of Brandon the Bold.”

Adam felt as though he recognised Randon’s name too, especially his title, but he wasn’t sure about that.

“He was a fighter, let me tell you,” Vandal said, shaking his head. “Cleaved through a Wyvern like it was made of warm butter. That was a feast, let me tell ya.”

Vandal began to speak about the adventures of his past, speaking of the beasts he had slain, the treasured he had found. He had retired three times in total, taking a position with a Noble before he was blamed for something and forced back to adventuring to clear up his name.

“To think it happened twice,” he said, shaking his head. “Nothing like working for a Noble though. Not quite easy living, but you’re taken good care of. I adventured for a bit later in life, but when I came across the Wyvern, I thought I may as well retire properly. Came to Ever Green, set myself up with a weekend shift at the Guards, and I spend my time just relaxing.”

“Fate’s Golden,” the Guild Clerk called. “Come around back.”

“Your stories were great,” Jurot said.

Vandal nodded. He wanted to hear their stories too, but let them be since the Guild needed them.

“What’s up?” Adam asked.

“Just wanted to confirm what happened on your journey,” he said, letting them take a seat as Jurot began to tell the tale. He listened intently, nodding his head as Jurot spoke.

“It was a good journey,” Jurot said, nodding his head.

“I’m sure it was,” the old man said, before looking to Adam. “So you’re Adam.”

“That I am,” the Half Elf replied, having taken off his helmet for some fresh air.

“Barks,” the old man said, shaking the Half Elf’s forearm.

“Nice to meet you, Barks.”

“So, there’s the problem with you slaying Gryphons, but otherwise you seem to have done everything fine.”

“Gryphons, eh?” Adam said. “I think there’s a problem with the Gryphon who slew the boy.”

“I heard about that,” Barks said. “Did he die?”

“Yeah,” Adam said.

“You aren’t saying that to save your backside?” Barks asked.

Adam shrugged his shoulders. “Whether or not it saves my backside is irrelevant. I’m telling you, the Guild, that the kid died and I revived him. Cost me three hundred gold, so unless you’re telling me I dropped a diamond to save my backside, you better believe it.”

“Three hundred gold a small price to pay not to aggravate Sir Harold.”

“That’s the previous King’s Sword, right?” Adam asked.

“Yes.”

“Well, considering that I’ve faced against the Great Elders of the Iyr, some of whom probably wanted to kill me, I don’t give a shit,” Adam said.

Barks blinked. ‘Excuse me?’

“Hey!” Lucy said. “Don’t take credit for what I did! I’m the one who killed it! So what if some King’s Sword don’t like it!”

“I assisted,” Jurot added.

“Right,” Barks said. “I have confirmed your story and have processed your rewards.”

Quest Complete: Slay Hill Wolves
+100XP
Quest Complete: Defeat Earth Cult
+100XP
XP: 4450 -> 4650
Stamps Gained: +2
Stamps: 4 -> 6

They received a tip from Sir Landon too, though Adam was still annoyed they didn’t get any loot from the cult.

Lucy stared at the gold she had received. They had received such a pay day from the Noble, who had given them each hundreds of gold.

Adam wondered if it was worth it for the Noble to spend so much money. ‘This guy really paid three hundred gold for us? There’s something off about that.’

“Adam,” Barks called out once Adam had pocketed all his coin.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you,” he said, bowing his head. “We will speak with Sir Harold about the matter of the Gryphon.”

Adam smiled. “Alright.”

“If you are uncomfortable revealing your face around here, you may pack your meal and eat it within your room.”

“Thanks, I’ll do just that,” Adam said.

Adam ordered himself a meal, but met up with the rest of the group first.

“Here,” Adam said, handing Fred two tiger eye gems.

“What?” Fred stared at the two gems.

“Your cut for helping us out on our little adventure,” he said. “I don’t want people saying I take advantage of people who are lost in the world.”

Fred hesitated for a moment, before accepted the gems. “Thank you.”

“Should we go see Sir Merry?” Adam asked.

“Can we?” Jurot asked, leaning in.

“I wish to see him too,” Sir Landon said, having walked in on the conversation. “Shall we head there tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Adam said. “We can all go together.”

Sir Landon nodded his head.

“Anyway, now that I think about it, isn’t Ever Green so… green?”

“Yes?” Jurot said.

“Isn’t it Nightval? The trees around us have all been pretty dead, but Ever Green is… you know.”

“Ever Green is ever green. Nightval has no power here.”

“Oh,” Adam said. “Okay.” He was sure there was more to it than that, but he decided against thinking too deeply about it.

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F85Gc2Ew.png


Did I really spend an hour to draw this meme?

Yes. 

Yes I did.

I will continue last month's deal. For every new patron, I will post up more chapters. So expect double chapters through to next Wednesday.

13