261. Adam’s Fight
237 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You fought well, Jurot,” Adam said. “I know how scary Wahruv is.”

Jurot let out a sigh, the healing potion having healed most of the serious injuries. “It was a good fight. I understand why you were so hesitant to continue fighting Iyrmen after facing him.”

“I didn’t expect you to admit that,” Adam admitted.

“I have lost,” he said. “So you must win.”

“If one brother loses, the other one has to win,” Adam said, patting the Iyrman’s shoulder. “Leave it to me.”

Adam looked down at the axe he had used. ‘Right. Flaming Sanguine was one of the first weapons I enchanted. It doesn’t even compare to my later enchantments. I should have remembered that burst is usually better than prolonged effects. I should remake it since I’ve made Phantom, which is more suited for him.’

“How well my grandson fought,” Jarot said, patting the young Iyrman’s back, causing both of them to wince from their wounds. “You had only just left the nest, and you have grown so powerful.”

“It is due to Adam,” Jurot stated, simply.

“Adam helped, but you worked hard, Jurot.” Jarot ruffled the boy’s hair. “In another year’s time, you will be able to face Wahruv’s father.” Jarot laughed.

“Maybe,” Adam said. “It’s rough trying to become stronger after becoming an Expert.”

“Is it impossible when you are involved?” Jarot asked

“No,” Adam replied. “Though I’ll be taking it a little easier in terms of that sort of thing.” ‘There are plenty of things to learn before I level anyway.’

“Are you ready to win tonight?” Jarot asked.

“Yeah,” Adam replied. “Get ready to earn that coin back.”

Jarot laughed.

Adam remained with Jurot, who was talking with others about the fight, and letting the people touch his Flaming Sanguine and his shield, Mighty Roar, which was silent that evening.

“With the shield, you could have won,” Adam said.

“It would have been no fun,” Jurot replied, simply.

Adam chuckled. “Fair enough.” ‘Even though you didn’t want to lose in front of your family, you still prioritised the harder fought victory.’ “I wish I was half as manly as you, Jurot.”

“You are manly in your own way, Adam.”

Adam ate with the others, with the rest of the gang appearing.

“I heard you lost,” Jaygak said.

“Yes,” Jurot said. “Kitool, I heard you won.”

Kitool bowed her head. “It was a close victory.”

“You should have seen her,” Jaygak said, beginning to regale the tale of the victory to the group.

“Are you fighting?” Adam asked Jaygak.

“Not this time,” Jaygak said. “My cousin wanted to fight, so I let him.”

“How kind of you.”

“I heard you’re fighting later tonight. Should I bet on you?”

“Depends,” Adam replied. “Do you want to make money?”

“I could bet on the opponent, so that way it’s a win win either way.”

Adam smiled. “Fair enough. I don’t mind if you want to lose your coin and dignity.”

Jaygak was about to slap his back, but remembered he was fighting. “Once you lose, I’ll laugh the loudest.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

When evening had come, Jaygak had gone to her own family’s fight, so she would be unable to laugh at his loss. She did leave some coin to bet, ten gold, on Adam.

‘Looks like she’s actually loyal, huh?’ Adam thought.

“She is quite the warrior,” Sir Vonda said, looking at Adam’s opponent.

She was an Iyrman, that was for sure. Strongly built, carrying a blade which was far too unreasonable to wield. That’s when he saw the tattoo on her forehead. A purple infinity symbol which was on its side, and red arrows heading outwards from it.

“Is this a revenge match for Wahruv?” Adam asked, walking up to her.

“Cousin Wahruv would not stop mentioning your ability,” she said, simply. “Sakruv,” she said.

“Adam, son of Fate, Nephew of the Rot family.”

“My cousin is strong, but he is not as strong as me,” she said.

“Then I should have worn my brown trousers,” Adam said.

Sakruv smiled. “I have heard you are a funny man.”

“Well,” Adam said, shrugging his shoulders. “What can I say?”

“I hope your axe strikes better than your jokes.”

Adam narrowed his eyes. “You know, the chances of you losing are extremely high.”

“I hold quite some ability,” she replied, simply.

“That doesn’t matter,” Adam replied. “I’ve only lost once against an Iyrman, and that was because I didn’t have my secret weapon nearby.”

“What is your secret weapon?”

“My baby sister,” Adam said.

“As I have said, I hope your axes strike better than your jokes.”

“As I have said, I’ve never lost in front of my sister,” Adam said, shaking her forearm. “Good luck.”

“May the best Iyrman win.”

Adam smiled. “That would be embarrassing for you.”

Sakruv smiled, nodding her head at him as he walked off.

“I’m going to beat her,” Adam said. “Should I put Phantom on the line?”

“What happened?” Sonarot asked.

“She didn’t believe in my secret weapon,” Adam said.

“Lanarot?”

“Yeah,” Adam said, strapping his shield on tight, gripping his die.

Sonarot smiled, before bringing Lanarot up to Adam. She kissed him the same way she kissed Jurot.

“Hey, do it properly,” Adam said, kissing her cheek and neck repeatedly. “You cheapskate!”

Lanarot giggled and then reached up to kiss his cheek, half spitting on his face.

Spell: Tricks

“You better watch, okay? If you’re going to screech and scream, then you better do it when I’m winning.” He pinched her cheeks again.

“How much are you betting?” Sakruv asked.

“I want my copper back,” Adam said, looking to Wahruv. “How about it?”

“Fine,” Wahruv said.

“I’ll bet your sword for my axe,” Adam said, raising his Phantom.

“I will be unable to do so,” Sakruv said. “Even if you were joking, I would refuse.”

Adam smiled. “Then, if I win, I want you to say the better Iyrman won.”

“You will do the same?”

“Of course,” Adam said. “Shall we?”

“Very well.”

The pair stood opposite one another, with Adam holding his shield and die in one hand, and his Phantom in another.

‘I didn’t take the best spells, but that’s okay,’ Adam thought. ‘I’ve got my Omens, so I’m fine.’

The drums quietened, signalling their start.

Battle Order
D20 + 1 = 15 (14)

Warrior Spirit: 3 -> 2

Attack
D20 + 8 = 10 (2)
D20 + 8 = 13 (5)
Miss!

Attack
D20 + 8 = 11 (3)
D20 + 8 = 20 (12)
Hit!
Phantom: 3 -> 2
Mana: 18 -> 15
1D6 + 4D6 + 4D6 + 6 = 44 (4)(3, 4, 4, 5)(2, 3, 5, 6)
44 damage!

Onward Soar: 1 -> 0

Attack
D20 + 8 = 13 (5)
D20 + 8 = 18 (10)
Hit!
Phantom: 2 -> 1
Mana: 15 -> 12
1D6 + 4D6 + 4D6 + 6 = 35 (4)(2, 3, 4, 5)(1, 2, 3, 5)
35 damage!

Attack
D20 + 8 = 25 (17)
D20 + 8 = 26 (18)
Hit!
Phantom: 1 -> 0
Mana: 12 -> 9
1D6 + 4D6 + 4D6 + 6 = 44 (6)(1, 4, 5, 6)(3, 4, 4, 5)
44 damage!

Adam did not remain stationary for long. He didn’t want to give her a chance to slip into her rage, recalling just how scary Wahruv had been, but also to show her the true onslaught he could bring.

Sakruv barely managed to deflect the first blow, which rung in her ear as her sword met axe, the magical weapons creating a harmony which filled her with fright.

‘So,’ she thought as Adam’s axe blurred, ‘this is what you were talking about, Wahruv.’

Adam’s axe was swift, slamming down against the greatsword with blows which could only come from an enraged Iyrman. Each blow flashed white hot, and caused Sakruv to step back. One. Two. Three.

Three steps back, and the woman dropped to her knees, her nose bleeding from the blows which rung deep within her mind.

Adam had beaten her within a few moments, quicker than when he faced Wahruv all that time ago.

Adam held out his hand, and Wavruv tossed the copper coin which had been handed away earlier that evening.

Jurot stared at Adam. ‘Even if she was raging…’ He remained in thought for a moment longer. ‘Even if I was raging.’

The crowd erupted in chaos, half in cheer, half in shock from the fight. Lanarot, who was screaming with joy, stopped, looking about in shock, and then screamed louder, clapping her hands excitedly.

As the potion was fed to Sakruv, she stood, on shaking legs. For a moment, her mind was clouded. “The better Iyrman won.”

“I’m no Iyrman,” Adam said, winking at her, before taking himself and his copper back to the group.

“Well?” Adam said, looking to Jarot. “Made your coin back.”

Jarot nodded.

“Wahruv was one hell of a scary guy, so I made sure not to let her gain even an inch against me,” Adam admitted.

“Adam!” called Sakruv. “I shall come again to reclaim the copper coin!”

“I’ll leave it to my sister, then,” Adam said, handing the coin to her, before quickly snatching it away as she had brought it to her mouth. “My Aunt, then.”

Lanarot reached up for the coin, but it had already disappeared. She let out a soft cry in annoyance, but the people who swarmed them soon took her attention.

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8uQmv6x.png

Click banner for Patreon and come join my Discord too!


Adam cheats so much.

First Bell and having multiple different class abilities.

Then the +20% bonus from the screaming baby.

9