270. Adam VS Children
225 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Omen: 8, 10

Adam rubbed his head, feeling the pulsing from drinking so much last night. He had rambled about his plans for the inns, and the others had joined in on his ridiculousness. 

Lanarot slapped his forehead once she had crawled over to him, babbling to him.

“Lanarot, why would you do this to me?” he asked, grumbling quietly. 

He sat up, ruffling her hair, causing her to laugh and smile as she crawled over and stood beside him, clutching at his shirt. 

“Look at you, standing so strong,” Adam said, playing with his little sister, helping her squat.

The pair eventually stepped outside, where the others were all waiting. From Brittany to Fred, the entire gang was here. 

“Looks like we’ve got to go back to our previous routines, huh?” Adam said, dropping down near them, taking a sip of water. 

“No,” Jurot said. “We will be leaving today.”

“Today?”

“Near the evening,” Jurot said. “We must go and prepare.”

“For what?”

Jaygak snickered. “Look at him trying to catch us out.”

Adam smiled. “You’ll all be gone for the entire Twilight Month?”

“We will return in the first month of dawnval, midway through.”

“You’d better,” Adam said. “If you miss our little sister’s first birthday, I’ll beat you up.”

“I should return, though that matter is not up to me.”

“We can’t keep our friends waiting,” Adam said. “We have business to do in the second month.”

“If we do not return, you may go without us,” Jurot said.

“Go without you?” Adam asked. “Do I look that stupid? Why the hell would I do something so dangerous without the three of you? If something happens, whose going to drag me out? Dunes and Vonda are great, but Nobby and Brittany are still training, and the other two are barely wanting to live the next day as it is.” Adam looked to Fred and Jonn. “No offence.”

‘That’s not how that works,’ Fred thought.

“Then you must wait,” Jurot replied, simply.

Adam rubbed his forehead. “Seriously…”

The group began to train that morning for a short while, with the children tossing snowballs at the wall to see who could get the most points. Once they had finished bathing, the group began to eat breakfast, with Adam feeding his little sister.

“I guess I’ll have to take over training for the two of you,” Adam said, looking to Nobby and Brittany. “I’m not so good with the bow and stuff, but I can probably help you with keeping up with your fitness regiment at least.”

“I will continue to teach her the bow,” Jonn said.

“That works out just fine,” Adam said. “So I’ll focus mostly on Nobby then.” 

“Yes, mister boss,” Nobby said. 

“Hold on,” Adam said, looking to Jurot. “You’re leaving later today?”

“Yes,” Jurot replied.

“Then you need to make sure you recharge properly,” Adam said, picking his sister up, and placing her on Jurot’s lap. 

Jurot looked down at Lanarot, who look up to stare at him too, her face covered in the fruit she had been eating. 

“Hoo!” Lanarot squealed, revealing her tiny teeth through her smile.

“Okay.”

“You need to spend the day with her since she won’t be able to see you in a while,” Adam said.

“Okay.”

Adam left it at that, trusting the Iyrman to look after their younger sister. 

“How could you eat without us?” called Nirot, who approached with her companions.

The others were staring at Adam, having heard much about him from their Cousin. 

“With our mouths,” Jurot replied, simply.

Adam stifled a chuckle. “You’re such a dad, Jurot.”

Jurot threw him a look, furrowing his brows for only a moment. “What does that mean.”

“I’ll explain another time,” Adam said, shaking his head. “Look who we have here, little miss winner of the-“

Nirot cleared her throat, staring at Adam with a raised brow. “They sent you?”

“Yeah they sent me,” Adam said. “Turot and I both watched.”

Nirot smiled, sitting beside her brother, ruffling his hair. 

“So you are Adam,” Naqokan said.

“Adam, son of Fate,” Adam said. “You’re Naqokan, right?”

“Naqokan, daughter of Rokan.”

“Faool and Laygak, right?” Adam said. “If I recall correctly, I heard you were a wood nerd, Laygak.”

“I can carve wood,” Laygak said, nodding his head. 

“Will you be here during nightval?”

Laygak nodded.

“Then could I ask for your assistance in some weapons I may make?”

Laygak narrowed his eyes, looking past Adam to his mother, who held a disapproving look, before looking back at Adam. “Okay.”

Kaygak narrowed his eyes. ‘How dare you rebel so openly against me.’

Adam shook their forearms. “I watched what you-“

“Adam, will you enchant during nightval?” Nirot asked.

“No,” Adam said. “I’m not that stupid.”

“Are you not?” Nirot asked.

Adam wasn’t sure what she was getting at, but he felt as though she was trying to tell him something. ‘Oh, wait. That was meant to be a secret, right?’

“Are you strong?” Laygak asked.

“I’m an Expert,” Adam replied.

“Just like me,” Jaygak said, punching her cousin gently. 

Laygak narrowed his eyes until they were nearly shut. Jaygak usually pranked him, but that was so unbelievable, he wasn’t sure it was a joke. “You are?”

“Have I ever lied to you?” Jaygak asked.

“Yes.”

“Those were half truths.”

“Half truths are whole lies.”

Adam smiled. “Laygak knows what’s up.”

“The sky?” Laygak replied.

“It’s a compliment meaning you are wise,” Adam said.

“Thank you.”

“An Expert?” Naqokan looked to Faool. “Then can we fight you?”

“Sure,” Adam said. “You want to come at me three against one?”

“Four,” Nirot said. 

“As long as Lanarot doesn’t get to watch,” Adam said. 

“Why not?” Nirot asked, staring up at him with a smirk on her face. 

Adam narrowed his eyes. “If I get to use Phantom, then I don’t mind.”

“You have your magic.”

“That I do,” Adam said, thinking about whether it was a good idea. ‘Hold on. Aren’t they just Level 1 babies?’

Omen: 8, 10

“You know what,” Adam said, getting up. “Sure. I get to use my armour, right?”

“Of course,” Nirot said. 

“You will really fight us?” Naqokan asked. 

“Sure,” Adam said, stretching out his neck. “If I can’t beat you, I’ll just drop a Fireball.”

“You cannot,” Jurot said. “They will die.”

Adam stared at him long and hard. “Laygak wouldn’t.”

Sonarot held in her laughter. “Adam.”

“It was just a joke,” Adam said. “I’m not stupid enough to cast a Fireball in the Iyr, not unless it was sanctioned.”

Nirot, Naqokan, and Laygak all felt a tinge of excitement inside their hearts, wanting a taste of the Fireball. 

‘This is my test in life,’ Faool thought, exchanging a look with Kitool. 

Adam was adorned in his armour, triple checking his spells, before he was given a spare axe. He grabbed his die, and strapped the shield on tight, readying himself.

“Are you four ready?” Adam asked, looking at the four of them. Laygak was the only one in armour, donning chain mail. Each Iyrman wielded their family’s weapons.

“Yes,” the four replied. 

Battle Order
D20 + 1 = 10 (9)

Nirot and Naqokan leapt at him like beasts, their entire bodies turning red. Adam caught Nirot’s axe with his own, pushing away Naqokan’s greatsword with his shield, though he could feel the heft behind the swing. 

Laygak and Faool managed glancing bows against his armour, unable to really do any lasting damage, though he had forgotten that Faool could also strike with his body, though it seemed he had struck a terrible part of Adam’s armour, stepping back, trying to kick away the pain in his leg. 

“Is that all you’ve got?” Adam asked, deciding against bullying them. 

Attack
D20 + 6 = 10 (4)
Miss!

Attack
D20 + 6 = 18 (12)
Hit!
1D6 + 1D3 + 4 = 8 (3)(1)

Adam managed to force Faool away with a heavy swing, which almost caused him to drop his staff. 

Health: 65 -> 52

Adam managed to defend against the onslaught well enough, narrowly dodging another terrible blow from Naqokan, who seemed to hold a terrifying strength. ‘Her natural strength is greater than-‘

Adam’s axe pulsed against Nirot’s axe, as the Iyrman managed to push him back. His arm ached terribly from the heavy blow, and he winced. “Right, you’re Jurot’s cousin.”

Attack
D20 + 6 = 13 (7)
Miss!

Attack
D20 + 6 = 25 (19)
Critical hit!
2D6 + 2D3 + 4 = 13 (1, 5)(1, 2)

Mana: 18 -> 17
Spell: Healing Word
1D3 + 3 = 4 (1)

Adam’s axe struck Faool upside the head, causing him to drop right away. Adam stepped aside, calling out the magical words to heal the knocked out young man. 

“Sorry Faool, mind getting out the way?” 

Faool opened his eyes, seeing his companions descending upon Adam. He understood what had happened, and so slipped away to the side.

Adam had aimed for him in order to get the only other one with multiple attacks. More attacks meant more critical hits, and Adam didn’t want to deal with it. 

Unfortunately for him, Iyrmen were Iyrmen. 

Health: 52 -> 23

“Fucking hell,” he cursed, feeling a clattering of blade and axe, which he tried to defend against, though the blow rained upon him, forcing him back. 

“You should be careful not to fall before we have our fun!” Nirot warned, though it was Naqokan’s blow which had caused him to fall back. 

Adam and the trio continued to trade blows as Adam tried to reposition himself. “Fine then, no more holding back!” Adam declared.

Warrior Spirit: 3 -> 2
Health: 23 -> 28

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 9 (3)
D20 + 6 = 12 (6)
Miss!

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 7 (1)
D20 + 6 = 18 (12)
Mana: 17 -> 16
1D6 + 1D3 + 2D6 + 4 = 18 (6)(1)(2, 5)
Damage resisted!
13 damage!

Onward Soar: 1 -> 0

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 11 (5)
D20 + 6 = 23 (17)
1D6 + 1D3 + 4 = 9 (2)(3)
Damage resisted!
5 damage!

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 14 (9)
D20 + 6 = 20 (14)
1D6 + 1D3 + 4 = 12 (5)(3)

Adam, who managed to side step to rain down a heavy blow against Naqokan, who did not fall even as he channelled his magic through himself. 

“What do they feed you Iyrmen?” Adam asked, managing to push Nirot back with his shield, before striking across both Naqokan and Laygak with a terrifying swiftness, his axe almost blurring as the pair dropped down, and he quickly pulled back, facing Nirot. 

Nirot charged forward, axe striking axe, but did not manage to force Adam away.

Warrior Spirit: 2 -> 1
Health: 28 -> 33

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 26 (20)
D20 + 6 = 26 (20)
Critical hit!
2D6 + 2D3 + 4 = 18 (5, 5)(1, 3)
Damage resisted!
9 damage!

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 18 (12)
D20 + 6 = 20 (14)
1D6 + 1D3 + 4 = 8 (1)(3)
Damage resisted!
4 damage!

Adam’s blade struck across her front, causing a momentary fright within the Half Elf, who dared not to expand any Mana to strike deeper, in fear of accidentally killing the young Iyrman. Yet, his blade swung again, filled with his hopes, yet even under the mighty second blow, which caused the young Iyrman to twitch, she did not fall.

“Damn it,” Adam said, knocking her axe aside with his shield, swiftly moving to the side. 

Warrior Spirit: 1 -> 0
Health: 33 -> 38

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 11 (5)
D20 + 6 = 15 (9)
Miss!

Attack 
D20 + 6 = 18 (11)
D20 + 6 = 20 (13)
1D6 + 1D3 + 4 = 11 (6)(1)
Damage resisted!
6 damage!

Nirot’s quick reflexes managed to dodge one of his blows, but Adam pulled back on his handle, and struck her right between the eyes, causing her to drop. 

‘Even tiger cubs are tigers,’ Adam thought. ‘I really am in the wrong genre.’

Lanarot’s terrifying screeches of demonic joy broke the silence. 

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8uQmv6x.png

Click banner for Patreon and come join my Discord too!


He really is in the wrong genre. 

Lanarot needs some chill.

8