Half Secret
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 6

       There were only two peoples involved in the incident, the female student and Mike himself. Meanwhile, Mike was the only person suspected because he looked better than the girl. His presence was doubtful there, so he didn't want to stay for long even though he was a little shocked. 

       But before that, their head prefect, Brook, arrived with someone that Mike knew, Tan. They stood stiffly, looking in disbelief at the now pale-looking girl. 

       "Take him away." 

       Mike heard those words from Tan. One of the students stood nearby, then led Mike with him. Brook hesitated for a moment. Then let them go from there. He didn't object to Tan's request, but seemed to still have doubts when he saw Mike's much improved condition. Meanwhile, on the other hand, the poor female student was being soothed with difficulty. The incident just now became a panic attack for him, and it was very unfortunate for Mike. He himself felt shaken, but at a time like this it was pointless. 

       On the way, Mike asked the person who drove him to leave. He continued on his way to class lonely and immediately landed on a chair that felt colder by the air. 

      A moment of silence and solitude like this morning, he was finally able to feel at peace. 

       Mike blinked. The window next to it gave a wide view of the field below. There are students who are cleaning the stage and event equipment. Only a few people. Most people are excited in the toilet. He felt guilty, because the incident in the toilet just now hampered their senior's farewell ceremony. If he or the girl hadn't been in the toilet, they might have found the mirror when the ceremony was over. 

       Mike muttered under his breath behind the glass. Tan's reflection in the glass made him turn to the side.

       "How are you?" 

       The tall man immediately sat behind Mike, interrupting the silence around him. 

       "As you can see. Why suddenly ask?" 

       "I thought you'd be surprised by my appearance." 

       "I was expecting you to stop by to interrogate me," Mike said. "You're acting like a detective." 

       "I'm a detective indeed," he laughed. Tan turned his gaze to the window. Each of their minds imagined what would happen next after this incident. 

       "My hunch is unpleasant. It's terror, isn't it?" Mike pressed his hands to his face. He saw Tan sigh afterward. That suffices to answer the question. 

       "Perhaps," said the man later. 

       "Exactly what mission are you on as a spy here?" Mike asked again out of curiosity. 

       "Just keeping an eye on someone," Tan replied curtly. 

       "I thought you knew who it was." He was confused by Tan's words. During this day, he had only heard of it. Tan also hardly ever mentions special names to him. However, the silhouette of a person appeared in his mind, imprinting so intensely. The figure who only minutes ago had been with Tan, bothered him to the point of forcing Mike to propose the name. 

       "Brook. Right?" Tan nodded without hesitation next to him. "What is he doing?" 

       "I don't know. My father is a police officer. That old man asked me to watch him." 

       Mike shuddered. The way he put it like it was the most ordinary thing. 

       "Wow, you're so brave." Mike was amazed. "But he doesn't suspect you?" 

       "We've been together since we were child," he replied.

       No wonder, Mike thought. His movements did not look suspicious near Brook, no one would suspect this. The next Tan case was none of Mike's business anymore, at least he knew enough of the main information about the man. So, they don't have to act like strangers to each other. 

       "I need your help," said Tan. He asked Mike to tell what he saw, but nothing. Mike couldn't tell clearly because he was in an equally difficult situation. 

       "In a moment, I have to go to test the blood sample." Tan stood up and said goodbye to Mike after talking. 

       Mike could only stare at the paper the man had left. There was Tan father's phone number and office address. Tan told her to contact him if she wanted to report something. 

     "Officer Ban?" Mike crumpled the paper and tucked it into his shirt pocket without thinking anymore.

0