Chapter 9
39 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At exactly midnight, Nikola slammed his head in the desk. Only Sadik’s reflexes had saved the man’s laptop.

“It is so simple. Of course,” Nikola began typing again, and soon his VPN was back on.

The rabbit showed a last sign before disappearing.

Had fun. Bye, bye.

Sadik looked at Nikola then.

“What did this friend of yours do?” He could see that the VPN was working and yet, Nikola was still typing.

“He masked the IPs of people. Scrambling the numbers so that they would appear like new ones. But, apparently, he got impatient. And his virus used the same IP for me as it used for someone else. Tsvetan never had an eye for detail. So, the time of the IP was all used up and so it immediately threw me out,” That made sense to Sadik.

“So, it was a stroke of luck that we didn’t have to wait an hour?” Nikola nodded.

“He probably placed some premade IPs in the virus so that his simple program wouldn’t be noticed. I am surprised that the security team didn’t check the IPs before calling me,” Nikola frowned slightly and then relaxed in his chair. He reached out and took his phone from where it lay next to the laptop. He texted something and then clicked the send button.

“Now, I can go back to bed. I tested the VPN with things that the average hacker, Tsvetan included, could come up. I doubt that I will get any more problems from it,” Sadik saw his chance then. He stretched, and his arm ended up resting around Nikola’s plush chair.

“I will have to be blunt, seeing as you seem to be happy to let me beat around the bush,” said Sadik as Nikola looked at him with confusion. “I like you.”

“That is good to hear,” Sadik sighed and got his arm back to himself.

“I like you enough to eat you up. Ravage you like no one ever has or will. Must I be more specific?” Nikola shook his head, blushing deeply.

“I… I can’t do such things with someone I have not been married to,” Sadik gently took Nikola’s hand and kissed it. Eyes locked on Nikola’s.

“Make an exception for me and I promise that I’ll be good,” Sadik let his voice sound as teasing as it could get. He had waited enough. Normally, he got to have whoever he wanted on the first time he understood he wanted them. But Nikola had evaded him. This just couldn’t be.

“Is this the only reason why you have been around today?” Nikola sounded disappointed, and Sadik felt a pang of something he couldn’t explain at that.

“Well, I was curious about what a day with you would be like, but…” Nikola’s eyes narrowed, and he got his hand out of Sadik’s grip.

“You need to leave. Thank you for your company,” Sadik stood as if frozen. Never, not even when he had been a mortal, had he gotten such a response.

“I am sorry,” said Sadik as he stood up. “I put my foot in my mouth.”

Nikola regarded him with a cool look. Not speaking.

“Let me make it up to you. How about we meet for breakfast?” Nikola looked thoughtful. Sadik knew that today had been pleasant for both of them. Nikola was thinking about how their friendship could be salvaged. Sadik was getting hopeful again.

“I am cooking this time,” Sadik whopped, fist in the air, and he saw from the edge of his vision that Nikola was smiling.

“When are you free?” Nikola checked something in his laptop and spoke.

“I need to go see Vanya at eight in the morning. So, maybe at seven? I can make us a banitsa. How do you like your coffee?”

“Two scoops of sugar, no cream,” Sadik winked at Nikola and Nikola sighed.

“You are not giving up, are you?” Sadik smirked down at him.

“Should I, Niki? Is there no hope? None at all? When was the last time you were rebellious?” Nikola became thoughtful.

“You enjoyed your time with me today?” asked Nikola softly.

“More than anything,” Sadik was slowly edging towards the Bulgarian. “When was the last time you slept properly?”

The bags under Nikola’s eyes were plain to see. Sadik decided he didn’t like them. If Nikola was to be his, then he needed to take care of him.

“I think it was about the night before Ivan fell,” ah, so, the lamb was on edge because of his mafia boss sister. He must have attempted to rebel at her. And his friend had paid the price.

This little teasing from Tsvetan must have also been ordered by her. For the man hadn’t sounded scared when Nikola had threatened him with her. Sadik was going to take things in his hands. But first, he needed to take care of his lamb.

“Tell you what. Let me sleep with you,” Sadik held up his finger when Nikola looked outraged at him. “Just sleep, mind you. And a bit of cuddling. Let me do it, and then we can make breakfast together. Although, I have no idea how that thing you spoke of is being made.”

“It is easier with premade layers,” said Nikola ecstatically. “But here in the states, there is no one to sell them. It is like baklava. I have no idea how it is called in Turkish. Sorry.”

“Now, that is something I can make. What are the key differences?” Sadik made it a tradition to make a baklava for every New Year. That had started about five hundred years ago, and he was still keeping the tradition strong.

“It is made with eggs and cheese and the layers are thicker. But, I like placing some greens in it too. To add some freshness to it. I’ll teach you. Everyone should know how to make a banitsa!” Sadik nodded and extended his hand.

“Shall we go to cuddle then, lamb?” Nikola nodded and turned off his laptop and took Sadik’s hand.

“My bedroom is on the second floor, the third door next to the staircase,” Sadik grinned. Finally, he was at third base. Well, second and a half base, more like. But he would get there.

5