Chapter 45
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They finished the tour with the lions and then took everyone to the zoo’s restaurant. Sadik, Eric and Nikola sat on a secluded table in the back. Eric had a big sundae in front of him, while Sadik and Nikola had a glass of lemonade each.

“Today was fun,” said Eric, kicking his feet and eating his ice scream.

“It was nice, yes. Remember, you are in duty for two more days,” said Sadik with a wink. The boy nodded enthusiastically. Then, he became thoughtful.

“But, I don’t have to give my badge to Jake, do I?” He sounded worried, and Sadik grinned.

“No, champ. You are a tour guide, he is just a visitor,” Eric beamed at Sadik. He sat straighter in his chair, trying to emulate the adults.

“If you like, we can take you to watch when we come here,” offered Nikola and Eric beamed at him.

“Do I get to keep the badge?” Nikola looked at Sadik.

“Sorry, champ. It is an official tour guide badge. But we can give you a badge from the gift shop. What is your favorite animal?”

“Ivar! His dances are silly,” answered Eric after a minute of considering all of his choices.

“He is very popular, of late,” noted Nikola. “And my favorite, too.”

Eric grinned, happy to share something with Nikola. He turned back to his sundae and began eating with gusto. There was just a half hour window before the visitors needed to be escorted out, and he wanted to avoid leaving any of the ice scream behind.

“Sadik, Jake will be coming back tomorrow,” stated Nikola and Sadik groaned.

“Really? Why did you offer? We are not a kindergarten here,” Nikola’s eyebrow raised.

“The kid is not so bad. He was genuinely interested in the animals,” Sadik raised a finger in the air.

“Yes, today. When everything was a novelty. Two more days of this and he will be making a ruckus. Niki, we have a responsibility here,” Eric raised his head from his ice scream and pouted.

“I liked Jake. Sure, he was mean at the start. But he asked numerous questions,” the boy had. Especially after they had seen Ivar. That had softened Nikola to him, somewhat.

“Fine, but if he makes a fuss, know that I warned you,” Sadik sipped some lemonade as Nikola did the same. Eric grinned at the thought that his friend was going to be around for two more days.

When the time was up, they escorted the group and waited before the review book for everyone to write something. Normally, around five out of the twenty adults and some children would review. But this time everyone, even the children, were lining up to write.

When the final visitor left, Nikola, Eric and Sadik went to the book. Feeling nervous and giddy at the same time.

Cute kid.

Was written in an elegant handwriting.

Professional service. Very informative guides.

Nikola beamed at Sadik, who nodded and preened. Their eyes looked down at the page again.

I will buy a picture of the bear and visit it often. Very friendly.

“They like Ivar!” Exclaimed Nikola. Sadik chuckled at his enthusiasm. Eric went on his tip toes and read the next line.

There was some waiting time for the tour to start, but the guides were very nice throughout. The kid was adorable. I hope to see him on my next visit.

“They will come back!” Eric was jumping up and down, and Nikola petted his head.

“All because of you,” said Sadik and Eric breathed in deeply before turning around, jumping all the while. Both Sadik and Nikola chuckled at that and went to read the next review. Which was written with a childish scrawl.

The animals are friendly. I will become a zookeeper one day!

Well, that just took the cherry. Sadik grinned at Nikola.

“We are influencing young minds,” he said, nudging Nikola.

“It was written zookeeper, not tour guide,” noted Nikola.

“Well, we can’t have perfection. Anyway, do you want to read the rest?” It was getting dark and Emilia was expecting them straight after the tour.

“No, I think everyone was happy. And, if there was one who wasn’t, then we will be chewed out for it tomorrow. Let us get Eric back home,” they went and picked Emilia first. She had packed her things and closed the rental agreement for her apartment.

Sadik paid her a lot, she did bring his blood occasionally and so knew what he was, but she could use the extra money she got from saving the rent each month.

Then, Sadik drove his family to the cottage. They settled Emilia in the guest room. Grandmother and grandson would have to share a bed until the new house was done, but it was a queen-sized one and Eric was too young to mind.

The four of them ate dinner, all having helped make it, and went to bed. Sadik raised an eyebrow at Nikola, who was drawing something on the wall.

“What are you doing?” Nikola pointed at the bed.

“That will creek and I don’t want Emilia and Eric to know what we will do tonight,” Sadik grinned devilishly and undressed in record time. He waited on the bedsheets for Nikola to be done, and when Nikola turned around, he waved a silk ribbon.

“I deserve a reward for today,” said Sadik huskily. Nikola’s face turned red.

“Sadik, what is with you and bondage?” Nikola pulled off his T-shirt and then began tugging at his shorts. Sadik drank in the view. He wished Nikola could do him a strip tease. But he knew they weren’t there yet.

“Not bondage. It is for a blindfold. We need to try it once. If you let me tie it up around your pretty eyes, I will do whatever you command,” Nikola stopped tugging at his boxers as they were halfway down his legs. He stared at the silk ribbon and then gulped.

“Fine, but, can we have a safe word?” Sadik was surprised Nikola knew about safe words. “I do read novels, you know. Every so often, I read romance novels.” 

Nikola must have seen Sadik’s question in the man’s eyes to say so. Sadik grinned. Then, he thought of a safe word that he was sure he wouldn’t hear.

“How about icicle?” Nikola nodded and got in bed.

0