Meeting my favorite character-2
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I died miserably in my last life. With sharp weapons nailed on my body, I was smiling. I thought my pathetic life will finally come to an end. I won't get anymore nightmares. People would stop treating me like some monster. The title of 'the strongest' meant nothing to me. When  I was young, I thought that if I become strong then people might love me. Then growing up I became drunk with arrogance when people of even higher status started bowing down their head in front of me. I was envied, loved and praised by others. 

But, even that became dull after some time. Being betrayed again and again made me realise just how cruel this world is and how stupid I am. Was I hungry for affection so much that I even overlooked the ugly facade of those people approaching me. When I thought that all of these will finally come to an end, I returned back to the time when I was 17. But, why? I don't have any regrets or any desire to take revenge. So, why am I here? 

Everything was still the same. My benevolent father who never bothered to know how I spent my childhood, the power hungry nobles sucking upto me, the kids of my age trying to make a connection to high society through me and myself who is still the same pathetic person. 

But, something was different from before. It's been a week since I returned back to time and it didn't took me much time to realise that something was different about me. Somehow, I was able to tell what the person is thinking when I looked them in their eyes. At first I thought, I was just hearing things but that wasn't it. I can read mind now. 

I don't know if it's really a blessing or a curse. Hearing other people's thoughts is not always pleasant. But, I got used to it pretty quickly. I thought this was the only variable in this life. But, I was proved wrong when Noah Macmillan visited our mansion. In my previous life, he rejected the offer but this time he accepted it. Why? 

"I greet the Grand Duke and his highness, Young Master Richt. Thank you for having me." The one who greeted me was a bright kid. I tried reading his mind as I looked him in his eyes but I couldn't hear anything. 

'Is he not thinking anything or I just can't read his thoughts. If so, then why?' I thought I can't read his mind but that wasn't the case because I could definitely read his mind. 

'Kyahhhh..... He looks cute even while frowning.'

'Did he just call me cute.' I was relieved that my powers are working and I can read his mind. It's just that his thoughts are a bit.... Wild. 

'It's been half an hour since he left for bathroom. Is he trying to plot something against me. Assassination, poison or may be he is trying to plant a spy in here.' Ellijah household always had a lot of enemies. People are always trying to drag us down because of our rising power. I shouldn't let my guard down. 

'Ughhh... I almost got lost, because this mansion is just stupidly big. Looks like my sense of direction is still crappy.'

'Oh... So he wasn't plotting anything. He is just bad with directions. Hmm'

"Isn't the heroine really annoying."

"I guess so." I replied vaguely. 

"She is just so self centered."

'Somehow the heroine in this story reminded me of my past self. Stupid, arrogant and self centered.'

"... She also have lot of enemies." I thought I must say something since he wanted to have a conversation. But I regret ever replying like that. 

"Yeah, that's why she died. The ML also committed suicide after that. Exactly what sort of crappy ending was that."

.....because, this idiot spoiled the whole story for me. 

'Oops.' I closed the book with a bang sound as if to show my displease. 

'Did I overdo it. It was just a story after all. I shouldn't let my emotions take control over my mind ever again.'

So, I pushed my anger at the back of my head and started working on the questions again. 

'It's only been 5 minutes, why is his mind being so loud.' I peeked at Noah's eyes sneakily time to time and it was a mess, his mind was chaotic. 

'Is he angry. He is definitely angry. Who would like spoilers anyway. So, much for a first good impression. It was the first time when someone read a book that I recommended, so I got too excited. Should I say sorry. But a half ass sorry won't revive the thrill of reading a book for the first time..... Arghhhhhh'

"You.... Okay?" 

'If I count my past life then it's been 7 years since I had a normal conversation with someone other than my subordinates and that too were just orders. It's awkward to talk in a friendly manner with someone. What if he thinks I am weird' Richt clenched his fists tight and furrowed his brows. 

"I am sorry. I know sorry won't cut it but please forgive me. I will watch my mouth next time. I shouldn't have spoiled the ending for you. Trust me it wasn't intentional. It's just that I got too excited because it was the first time someone read a book that I recommended."

"Oh... Okay."

'His thoughts and tongue are same.'

"Really" Noah opened his eyes wide as if he was not expecting to be forgiven so easily. 

"Hmm"

"Ho... You are such a nice person. You know if I was you, I would have sulked over it for a year."

"You think I am a good person just because of this."

"Of course. You are the best." Noah's smile widened. He was grinning ear to ear. 

'How long has it been, when someone complimented me without any hidden motive.' 

"You are... weird." Richt mumbled in a small voice. 

"Did you say something?"

"No it was nothing."

"Hey, let's be friends. You can just call me Noah. I will call you Richt. I can call you that right."

"Okay"

"Oh you can also call me hyung, if you want to."

"No, Noah is just okay."

"Okay okay. So, are we friends now. We are friends right."

"I guess so."

"I can cook really well you know. Tell me if there is anything you want. This friend of yours will exclusively cook it for you. Oh, I like spicy food. What about you?"

"Sweets are okay."

"So you are a sweet tooth. Good, I will bake a cake for you next time or do you want to bake it together."

"I don't know how to cook."

"...... I can teach you."

'I guess once a while, it's nice to have someone around.'

                        ************

1