Prologue
113 8 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I wrote this chapter while listening to the song "Middle of the Road" by Chaz Cardigan

In an alleyway that was Mildly illuminated by a street light, there was a girl who slowly walked through the alleyway with her head buried in the cards in her hand.

"I wish I had more light, I can't see shit." The girl, named Elin, said to herself as she glanced over the cards in her hand. She had won them in a card game, while some collected rocks, plants, and weapons(why?). She found solace in card games, and she found that she had fun collecting cards with different art styles was an endeavor that she liked to do as a hobby. She had a score today, a full set of Mille Borne that she had won in a bet. I bet they didn't even know how much of a score they could have made if they had decided to sell it. Of course, Elin wasn't going to sell it, she was a collector after all. still, she was counting the card to check if she had the full set, and she didn't have enough light to really see the cards.

The street lights were replaced every 2 and a half years after all. Elin understood why, the small town she lived in of 160 acres, or a quarter of a square mile, was about to be absorbed into a much bigger town, the only reason the town she lived in was a "Town", is because it has a post office, the mayors over the years have ripped down all the historic sites the town, making the only historic site that actually still existed the post office. the town hall, which had once been a church, but had been repurposed and was one of the other historic sites also burnt down, so that left the only place with the age of over 100 years was the cute little rose color painted house that the old barkeeper lives in. The town spent most of its money on making the main street look pretty, and everything could fall under its own weight if the mayor cared. The mayor had already sold ALL of the forests that the town-owned, so the town looks like some horrible core of a shockwave that destroyed the forests. Technically it is though...

Elin was leaving the alleyway from the other side before light illuminated the cards in Elin's hand, Elin lifted her head and checked the street light above her. noticing that the street light was in front of her, she turned to her right to see the truck that had run aground the sidewalk rushing towards her.

"Why," was all she said as the truck slammed into her, as the brakes of the truck screeched.

The last thing she saw was a black cat licking its paw, the sound of a door being opened, and pattering footsteps as everything faded to black.

I'm only going to call this a prologue as this is before any of the stories unfolds, besides the protagonist's death.

I've been spending this week coding my game, and I've figured out what I want the end product to be, but I need to learn how to do a few things before I really start.

I do not know who the actual artist for the 4 aces is, but there are four of them.

3