Chapter 2: Striking first
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Argh!" The person at the front screamed in pain as Henry and the others hastily took cover.

"Whether you are a bandit or mercenaries, put down your weapons and stay down, otherwise, were gonna put an arrow through your head!" A loud raspy voice shouted at them.

Henry hiding in one of the tree contemplated whether to follow Thier instructions or fight. He mentally ordered his beast to be closer. He had an approximate idea to how far they were so he wasn't worried if thing go south.

"We're harmless! We don't want any trouble!" The youth said as he dropped down his weapon and lifted his hands as he tried to talk to them. The others hesitated before they did the same.

Henry having no weapon on him just waited for what's gonna happen.

Soon sounds of footsteps was heard and 6 man fully with leather armor came out.

"Where did you come from?" Asked the one in front of them, he was tall and had a raspy voice. He was the one that shouted for them to lay down thier arms.

"Sir.. we are...." The youth once again was the one who took the initiave and explained Thier situation without hiding anything.

'This person isn't simple' Henry thought.

After a few more questionijg and the group was curious about the monsters and why they didn't attacked them but having no idea they just discarded it for now.

"You can follow us, however there will be rules and everyone will have to contribute, got it?" 

Henry and the other agreed and followed them.

Though thier weapons was taken from them.

They arrived at a village. When Henry saw it, it didn't look like a village but a small fortress with spikes surrounding the village, the people were armed and the tension of the place was high. 

The man who brought them, Named Oscar briefly explained the village situation.

This was used to be a bandits den but they were overturned and killed by thier prisoners and were replaced by them.

Anyways now that they're here, they were given a choice, to work or to leave. Henry was tired and weary and wanted to leave, but thought to stay and get information for a while before leaving.

With his system he had no worry about his safety. And so he spent days building and learning how to fight with a wooden spear.

 

________________________

"BAD NEWS!!" A Scream suddenly rang out in the middle of the day. 

Henry who was sitting and was chatting with someone also heard it.

Outside of his expectation, he actually liked working in the village, it gives him peace and purpose, it was tiring but fulfilling as well, so at the end he chose to just stay here, provided there's no trouble of course.

Now it seems trouble has come knocking.

"Mercenaries! 300 of them on its way to the town of Clawton!" 

The villagers was shocked when they heard that. The town of Clawton was where Henry and the other slaves was supposed to be delivered.

Henry frowned at the number, these days the only thing he had been killing was some animals and they only give a miniscule amount of soul points so the level of his ability was still 1 so he could only summon a hundred demonic beast.

There was one thing he found in the couple days passed, it turns out a demonic beast can't stay in these world for long, two days after he summoned he summoned them, they all died out. It seems like, in some form, they need something to be able to breathe in this world that can only be found in the demon world.

His idea of stacking and slowly building a huge army was thrown to the trash. Back to the matter at hand, it seems like a huge trouble was getting close.

The leaders of the village discussed what to do. In the end, since the village was a bit far from the road they decided to just wait and see and send some scouts to warn them ahead off time.

300 people wasn't actually enough to conquer a town but they guessed that there are other armies in different directions heading to the town. 

Henry contemplated what to do before finally deciding that it was better to strike first. As for the lives he will take? Well he comforted himself that death is not the end and that those who dies will be reincarnated and who knows they might be given a cheat in their next life? After all, that what's happened to him. 

Consoling himself with that poor excuse, Henry got out of the village with the excuse of bathing himself in the river. 

 

 

_______________________________

 

 

"Boss, hooknose discovered a village near hear, shall we go and plunder it?" A tall lanky man said. Unbeknownst to the village leaders they have already been discovered.

A buff bald man answered.. "How many villager?"

"About 150 more or less" 

"Then prepare the troops, it'll be good to warm up and a have a place to stay" 

"Hahahaha you're the best boss!" The lanky man said joyfully as he prepares to set out with the others.

The bald man was nonchalant about this. A small village wasn't enough to stop their plans. Once he receive the message from the other corps, he was prepared to attack the town and kill anyone who resists.

Thats when..

"ARHG Monsters!" 

Sounds of fighting rang out, when he got out of his tent he saw some creatures attacking them. there was dozens of them and his army was caught unprepared. 

But he didn't panicked yet, he furrowed his brows at the peculiarity of these creatures...

 

 

Word count will be between 800-1000. If you see any mistakes in the grammar or spelling please point it out in the comments.

 

 

0