Chapter 3: The strength of a Rank 1 warrior
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About an hour ago,

After he got out of the village, Henry made sure no one was following him before he used is ability. 

A blue round portal appeared fifty meters away from him. And not long after all kinds of demonic beast came out until thye numbered a hundred.

Henry cant control what type of beast will come out, all he understand that only demonic beast below rank 1 can enter the portal to get to this world.

Seeing all these, he felt intimidated by thier numbers but thanks to the mental connection he didnt worry too much. 

Henry ordered his demonic beast to get to where the supposed army of mercenaries. He roughly know where to go. Henry choose one beast that seemed comfortable to ride on and set off.

Less than an hour Henry managed to find them and hid himself, he didnt want people to know he could control these demons. Looking at their camp henry thought that a hundred demonic beast probably isnt enough. Still he seperated 15 of his 100 army to protect him. The rest he ordered them to circle the camp first before attacking. 

Henry was seeing the camp on top of a tree as he ordered his army. Another thing he found out about his demonic beast is that they were pretty hard to command. 

One time he ordered his beast to catch food for him hoping they could kill some animals and deliver it to him but because he couldnt saw where they were and he wasnt very specific, the demonic beasts killed each other and presented their fellow demonic beast to him. In thier minds, each of them can be counted as food.

In short, it was better to command them where he could see them.

He suddenly gained 2 soul points and came to the conclusion that his beast probably killed some scouts.

It wasn't long before he felt huge disturbance mentally and knew his beast has been discovered so he just ordered to attack any humans they could see.

The battle began suddenly. 

Henry observed the battle on top of a tree while hiding. At the same time he was observing his soul points to know how many he had killed. Judging from the first time he killed those mercenaries, a human gives 1 soul point.

The mercenaries scrambled themselves at the sudden appearance of the demonic beasts. Henry observed that 8 had already been killed. 

His beasts surged through with Thier numbers not caring if they get killed increasing his soul points, at the same time, some of his beasts has been killed.

Henry thought he could probably kill a good number of them but slowly the mercenaries caught themselves up and started to push back.

The fight became even was slowly tiltidng to one side. The mercenaries just have more numbers. Then a buff bald man entered the battle. 

Henry saw him weilding an axe and swung it. The force was so strong that it managed to cut a demonic beast in half.

"Rank 1..." Henry mumbled. Thought he already expected this since leading a few hundred mercenaries isnt easy but seeing whats happening, he had underestimated the strength of a rank 1 warriors. His 85 beasts was slowly getting eradicated. 

Knowing the outcome, Henry along with his 15 demonic beast. As for the remaining beast he had? He left them there hoping to take more lives.

 

 

_________________

 

The bald man swung his axe again and another demonic beast died.

The sounds of fighting was slowly dying out and he knew the attack was over. At the same time he wondered where this monsters came from, and... were these monsters controlled?? It was a terryfying thought. 

Clearly these monsters are almost all different species yet, they didnt attack each other and focused on them? He knew little things of the world, but if he's speculation is right then either these beast were tamed with magic, or someone summoned them. Both are bad news. 

To be able to achieve that a person needs to be at least a rank 4 mage, which only the mercenary lords could handle. 

Did a powerfull mage attacked them? If so, where is he and why?

"Boss, we managed to kill of them and we noticed some traces of movement." A lacky of his said..

"Movements?" He snapped out of his thoughts and said...

"Yes boss, we found traces that... these monsters seemed to have intended to circle around us" His lacky hesitated in saying as he was not sure why..

His heart sunk when he heard that and asked..." Circling... you mean these monsters didnt attack us the first time it saw us but attacked in a certain direction?" 'like they were controlled' he added in his mind but he was too afraid to say it.

"Might be, as we found some bodies in the west of our scouts with beast marks on them."

The bad feeling never left him and continued to go deeper. 

A thought came to him.. 'Should I retreat and cancel off the plans in conquering the town?'

 

 

 

 

0