Chapter 4: Preparing and purpose
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going back to the village Henry opened his system.

[Henry Ford

Soul point: 37

Ability:

Hail of demonic beast: lvl 1

Demonic beast allowed: 100

Demonic beast strength allowed: Below rank 1

]

He now has 37 soul points enough to level up his ability once so he clicked the plus sign next to his ability.

Now it looks like this..

[Henry Ford

Soul point: 17

Ability:

Hail of demonic beast: lvl 2

Demonic beast allowed: 200

Demonic beast strength allowed: Below rank 1

]

Now he could call out 200 demonic beats double than the previous one. Though the strength is still below rank 1 he was confident that even if the mercenary army attack, he was confident in defending.

After a while he was back in the village after taking an obscure path to prevent being followed.

____________

Hill was carrying wooden logs while smiling, but on the inside he was worried.

After failing to infiltrate the town through the slave mercenary, he was hoping to still do his part by helping the eastern mercenary conquer this village.

Thats right, he was the one who tipped the scouts of this villages location.

But time passed and there was still no movements from them. But nevertheless he waited, maybe they were just taking a break? 

The attack should happen, at the earliest tonight, if not, then it's probably tomorrow.

He thought of things he cooluld do to contribute.

Then he saw a red haired man entering the village.

Hill got a nagging feeling from this man, ever since they were attacked by those monsters, he started to get the feeling that there's maybe something with this man.

Judging from his hair color, this man was probably a noble or have predecessors as nobles. It wasn't to surprising.

Banished nobles and wanted aristocrats get thrown in these lands so some people have been born here having features only nobles could have.

But seeing the man enthusiasticaly do the work of a commoner, Hill thought that there was no way this man was a noble.

As for whether the monsters that attacked the mercenary slave owners was related to him, Hill didn't thought of it one bit. These lands is filled with chaos that aside from surprised he didn't think too much of it and that they just got lucky. Luck was a big part in living here.

_____________

"Hmmnn, that baldie didn't send any messages?" 

A woman with scars on his face but with voluptuous body said.

A man front of hm vowed and said..

"Yes boss, should we send someone to deliver him the message?"

The woman put her hand on her chin and said...

"Then send one, plans changed and the attack happens tonight. Male sure that baldie is well informed."

"Yes boss" after saying that the man left the tent leaving the woman behind.

"Hehe it won't be long now, I could finally see you face filled with despair"

She chillingly mumbled as she prepares her mind for the slaughter tonight.

At another place, an army of mercenaries was celebrating with some slaves they caught from the villages nearby.

"Hahahah! Have your fill of fun today's lads! Tonight we bathed in blood!!" A man with a pony tail and goate shouted.

"Yaaa!!"

"KIll! Kill! Kill!

Shouts rang out of the place as they continued to be merry.

_____________

Back at the village Henry helped around, Contributing to building the village. As for his 15 beast, he let them spread out, hiding, ready to get to him Incase of emergency.

Even though there was a large enemy close, people doesn't think too much of it.

Living in a land where tomorrow could be your end, enjoying the moment was one of the traits they learned.

At the same time, Henry thought about what purpose should his life have. 

Being given a system, it was like the world wanted him to dominate the world with his army but frankly he was tired, tired of powerful ambitions and goal. 

So after thinking for a while, he decided his goal would be to live a simple life.

When dawn came the first thing he realized was that, I'm so tired!

Although it was okay for a of couple days but nonstop working with only a short time of rest was too much.

But he knew the people here wouldn't allow him to so, it's either work or get out.

Henry wondered if he should just leave this place and live out on the mountains on his own. With the system he wasn't worried to much about his safety unless he encountered powerful warroirs or mages.

Please point out the mistakes in the comments would really appreciate it. I squeezed this out through my busy schedule so there might be more mistakes than normal. Check out my other novels, Wish system, and Creatures of the mind.

If you like my works, please buy me coffee here: https://ko-fi.com/casuallydreamin

0