Volume 2 Chapter 3: Part 1: Fight!
305 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2 Chapter 3: Part 1: Fight!

 

If Onyx's going to spar with anyone, it will be the one who tried to mess with him. 

 

Onyx isn't the type who fights everyone who tries to mess with him. 

 

However, this is a rare case. 

 

Going off the expression Galven has, this problem won't be the last. This guy is going to annoy the daylights out of him. 

 

No way was he going to let this continue any further!

 

"Ohoho. I like your style." Oliver nods. Challenging the guy who tried to mess with him. This kind of confrontation is Oliver's kind of style. Of course, he realized there was beef with Galven and Onyx. Knowing Galven, he would have done something behind his back against Onyx. 

 

So this is the best choice. And what better way to end this feud than a fight? 

 

The expression on everyone's faces is the same. Pure excitement is on their faces. They want to see the fight as well. But contrary to what everyone wants, Galven declines, 

 

"Sorry. But I'm not interested in fighting a kid. Why should I be the one fighting you? There's nothing in it for me."

 

"Oh, is the captain of a B-rank party afraid of fighting with a newbie like me? It'll only be a "spar." I'll go easy on you." Onyx makes a mocking grin as he says this. 

 

Galven's words and actions are so backward. He was going to deal with him before. But now, he's backing away? 

 

"Yeah. Didn't you say you wanted to find justice for Slug? Why are you backing away like a coward now?" Understanding what Onyx was trying to do, Stewart adds in as well. 

 

"How repulsive. You tried to force everybody out of Madelyn's way. But when somebody wants to fight you head-on, you back off." Etta understood this too. To her, Galven was one of the most cowardly men ever. 

 

"Are you afraid because he's more handsome than you?" Reynold didn't know what everybody else was trying to do but still quipped.  

 

"Galven, go and fight him. Don't even think about trying to back out of this." Dammit, you lucky bastard! I was going to nominate myself and fight with him! Lyle has a dark expression as he sneers at Galven.

 

He wants to be the one to test Onyx out. Seeing how Stewart treated him, he knew he was wrong. But dammit, Onyx called out Galven, and he could only be silent. 

 

With two B-rank teams calling Galven out, the other adventurers follow suit. They want to see it too,

 

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

 

A chant erupts in the hall.

 

Oh, please! Do you think I will fall for such worthless chants? Galven sneers in his mind. He didn't expect Lyle to support the fight as well. But it didn't matter. He smiles, "Do you know what you're asking? You're asking to fight with a captain of a B-rank party. Isn't that a little too unfair?"

 

He is an experienced adventurer, while Onyx is a newbie. Everybody should already know the outcome of the battle if the two fought. 

 

"Oh, please. Don't say that. If you're scared of fighting me, then say it. Don't try to give excuses." Onyx mocks him. 

 

I'm just-"

 

"Stop bullshitting everybody here. It just makes you more shameless and embarrassing." Stewart and the group look at Onyx with surprise. Was this the same person they talked to yesterday? He was so kind and gentle. But compared to now, he's hotblooded and direct. 

 

It seems the saying is true. Never piss off the nice guy. 

 

Galven's expression turns dark, "I'm just stating the facts. You're weaker than me. And there's nothing in it for me to fight with you." Just drop it, you brat. I'll deal with you later. 

 

He wanted this to end so he could deal with Onyx at another time. He wasn't a fool. Slug is one of his party's vanguard. 

 

And Onyx took him out with ease. 

 

That just shows how powerful he is. But that didn't mean Galven couldn't beat him. Galven knows he can beat Onyx anytime he wants. It's just this time: if he fights right now, he'll be at a disadvantage.

 

What happens if he loses? Humiliation will definitely follow behind it. And winning wouldn't even matter to him.  

 

"Then how about I add some stakes into this battle too?" Oliver interjects. Hearing that, everybody turns their heads at him, wondering what he has in mind. 

 

Madelyn and the other receptionists didn't like the sound of what will happen next. Whenever he does something like this, it usually ends with them cleaning his mess. 

 

"Since you don't want to fight without a reward, let's do it like this. Galven, if you defeat Onyx: I'll promote you to B-rank."

 

"WHAT!" The adventurers shout out in shock and disbelief. And they should. Ranking up from one grade to the next is a serious thing. A higher rank means better quests and higher rewards too. 

 

What's more, they have more respect. 

 

But ranking up isn't something that can be done so easily. Especially not for the higher ranks. 

 

So for Oliver to say that he'll allow a rank up is something just too damn sudden. 

 

"Guild master! You can't do something like that!" Madelyn becomes the voice of reason as she shouts this out. Becoming a B-rank is something that has to be earned. What's more, it's not something that should be given out like a toy!

 

"I'm in. Just don't go back on your words." Ignoring the comments, Galven jumps to the offer. This is definitely something he has to do. Any other adventurer would jump at the chance as well. 

 

"Relax. I'm the guild master. I'm a man of my word. Alright, let's go now!" Ignoring the looks he was getting from the guild employees, Oliver was happy about this,

 

Hearing that the two of them are fighting now, the other adventurers became excited about the next match.

 

"Are you sure about this?" Onyx whispers by his side. Hearing the gasps everybody had when he made this arrangement, ranking up should be significant.

 

Oliver shakes his head, "You don't have to worry about it. It's just a simple bait to hook the guy in. And besides, Galven will not get it, is he?" 

 

Onyx laughs, "Of course not." There is no way he will lose to the likes of Galven. 

 

"Good gusto!" To be honest, Oliver didn't want to make such an offer to Galven. However, his interest in Onyx got the best of him. 

 

"Instead of the sparring ground, let's do this someplace else! Somewhere much bigger! 

 

We'll do it at the colosseum!"  

 

The colosseum is a few blocks away from the guild hall.

 

As they walk to the colosseum, Stewart asks Onyx, "Onyx, there are a few things you need to know about Galven. For starters, he's-"

 

"You don't need to tell me about anything, Stewart." Onyx waves his hand.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Mmhmm. I don't need information about someone like that guy. He's going to lose." Onyx gives a confident smile.

 

And that smile causes the girls in Stewart's party to blush. Stewart and the guys look at him with a stale expression. Can you not do this in this situation?!

 

When they arrive in front of the colosseum, the first thought that came into Onyx's mind was,

 

Huge! Right now, Onyx and Galven are standing in the center arena. The other adventurers watch on the side.

 

"Bets! Place your bets!" What's more, people are betting on this match! That just shows how interested they are in it. 

 

"Galven is going to cream the newbie!"

 

"The odds of him winning are 100 to 1!"

 

"Put me 15 silver on Galven winning."

 

"8 bronze coins on him as well."

 

More and more people betted on Galven rather than Onyx. He is a C-rank adventurer, while the other is a newbie. 

 

"One gold coin on Onyx beating the snot out of Galven." The adventurers turn around to see it's Stewart, who puts down a gold coin. 

 

"Are you serious, Stewart? You know you're going to lose that gold coin, right?" One adventurer jokes. Even if Onyx beat Slug, was Slug Galven? 

 

Most certainly not. 

 

"Keep talking." When you guys lose all your money, don't come crying to me about it. Stewart doesn't say anything to them as he stares down at the stage. 

 

He has seen Onyx fight before. 

 

There should be nothing for him to worry about. 

 

"Oh well, suit your loss." The adventurer shrugs his shoulders. But with this, it just made the betting pool better. 

 

"I'll add to the loss as well. Two gold coins on Onyx smashing Galven down." Lyle says with a smirk. He sat down beside Stewart's group. 

 

"Me too! I'll add eight gol-" "Don't you even think about it, guild master!" 

 

The person who said this is none other than Oliver. He's going to join the betting pool too. But Madelyn isn't going to have any of that. 

 

"You're the guild master! Act like it!" 

 

"Madelyn, stop acting like such a stickler. That's why you can't get a boyfriend."

 

"What!" Madelyn blushed when she heard that. 

 

"Betting from time to time is-Mugahhh!"

 

"How does having no boyfriend relate to this!" A ticking time bomb just went up! Madelyn couldn't take it as she slapped Oliver in the face,

 

"Also, you caused this whole ordeal!"

 

I think he's out cold. That's in everyone's mind as they watch the woman shake Oliver like a rag doll! 

...

"Alright. Are the two of you ready?" In the arena, a referee stands between the two.

 

"I'm good to go." "Any time." Galven gives an evil smirk as he stares down at Onyx. The latter just stares back at him. 

 

"Then begin!" The moment the referee said this, the two quickly made their move…or not. Onyx unsheathes his sword, preparing to slice him in two. 

 

On the other side, Galven says, "You know, I have to thank you for this opportunity."

 

"Because of you, I get to rank up without difficulty." This is free! Remembering how difficult it was to get to C-rank, ranking up like this was super easy. 

 

But Onyx laughs at him, "I could say the same thing to you."

 

Galven's expression turns dark, "Don't get cocky, brat." Without even a second later, Galven fires a wind arrow toward Onyx. 

 

"That was dirty!" Lucia screams out when she sees that. 

 

"Not true," Oliver interjects. He regains consciousness as he continues, "The referee started the fight. So he has every right to attack Onyx." It is dirty. 

 

But it is still valid. And it's a smart move from Galven. 

 

Magic needs time to charge. So talking to stall for time for his magic was a good move for him.

 

Onyx dodges the wind bullets. 

"So you dodged it. But that's only the beginning. I'll show you what an experienced adventurer can do." Without saying anything else, Galven fires off more wind spears toward Onyx!

 

That isn't the end of his assault. This is only just the beginning. 

 

"How do you like that? Keep running around, monkey!" As wind spears rain down, Onyx dodges all of them with his swift movements. He continues to avoid them, not attacking at all. 

 

Seeing all this, Stewart makes a dark expression, "Dammit, I should have told Onyx about his abilities. Like Lyle and him, Galven's party is the same rank. But compared to the two, its popularity is more infamous.

 

But that doesn't mean his party isn't powerful. 

 

It was on par with theirs. 

 

"..." Compared to the dark expression Stewart has, Lyle is calm as he continues to watch the fight. Unlike Stewart and the rest, who are worried about Onyx, he analyzes the battle.

 

Something's odd. Lyle felt the fight was off. 

 

"Yeah! Get him!"

 

"Make that pretty boy run around like a rat!"

 

"Kya! Don't hit him in the face!"

 

As the fight continued, more and more people came over to watch. The sounds of the adventurers cheering drew in a crowd.  

 

Heh, to think I will beat you in such a large crowd. This is so worth it. Galven knew this would 100% humiliate Onyx.

 

"Guild master, can you please stop this fight?" Lucia asks Oliver. The difference in power is shown as the two continue to fight. Onyx was only on the defensive as he continued to dodge Galven's magic attack. 

 

"Do you really want me to stop it?" Oliver looks at them with a mischievous smile.

 

"Just look at the battle; Onyx is going to-"

 

"Lucia. Sit down." Stewart says. The worried look he had before was nowhere to be found. He continues to look at the battle.

 

"But."

 

"Sit" Hearing his tone, Lucia decides to sit down. Only Stewart, Etta, Lyle, and Clare knew what was happening. The rest just look at the battle in worry. Oliver says,

 

"You guys need to relax. Things are about to become more interesting."


For extra chapters, check out my Patreon ^^

7