Volume 2 Chapter 4: Part 5: Adventuring
239 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2 Chapter 4: Part 5: Adventuring

 

Before the goblins react to Onyx's shout, he's already in front of them! In an instant, he takes out more than 10 goblins! But he isn't done as he continues his charge, slicing everything in his path!

 

Seeing what he did, Ryan and his group became spellbound! Onyx killed the goblins so swiftly and cleanly for them to process. Ryan is the first one to snap out of it. I need to get it together! He can't be focused on the scene as he shouts, 

 

"Let's help him out!"

 

They got a job from Onyx! They need to accomplish it! The group nod and charges toward the goblins. Because Onyx's charging in, the goblins didn't realize the four coming behind them! 

 

Seeing them joining the battle, Onyx smiles. Then, he cuts down another goblin like butter. No matter how many of them charge at him, it doesn't matter. 

 

This is easy. Onyx remembers the time he fought with Vargar. His use of hit-and-run tactics against the goblins. But now, he doesn't need to do any of that.  

 

"Grawwwwwwwhhhhh!" Because he was killing so many goblins, a variant stares Onyx down. Its body is larger than the goblins Onyx fought before. Its exposed muscles show off the monster's strength!

 

"Raaawwrh!!" The variant dashes Onyx with great speed and slams its fist down. But Onyx quickly twirls his body, dodging the punch. 

 

As Onyx twirls around, it adds an increase in speed as he slices downward at the variant, splitting it in half. It didn't even have a chance to let out another roar. 

 

Onyx doesn't let up as he continues his onslaught, slicing down every goblin in his path! Eventually, the goblins slowly back away from Onyx. 

 

What they see is not a human. They see a bloody demon, itching to take all of them down to the underworld. None of them wants to be the next one on Onyx's sword. 

 

"Gwaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!" But those thoughts all stopped. Onyx turns around to where the howl came from, the den. The goblin's expression turned into an ugly smile hearing the roar. And Ryan's expression turns pale, and his hand shivers in fear.

 

"It's coming." Those are the only words that came out of his mouth!

 

"So you finally came out of your hole now?" Onyx grins as he sees the goblin king coming out. Compared to the variants, this beast is many times bigger than them. In his hand is a rusted-up ax. He's also wearing a makeshift crown made up of rusted-up copper. 

 

A little goblin walks up to him and says gibberish to it. It was probably pleading with the king, telling him what occurred. But then, 

 

Splat!

 

The entire head of the small goblin explodes into a pile of mush! The goblin king sneers at the goblin and tosses the corpse away!

 

Garbage. That's the only word that can describe the king's reaction. 

 

Fear. They feel fear as they look down at the ground. 

 

The goblin king moves forward, and the rest of the goblins move away, making a clear path to Onyx. 

 

"To think you will kill your own kin like that." Onyx's expression turns dark as he stares at the goblin king. That monster is no king. Tyrant. The goblin is more of a tyrant instead. 

 

But the goblin king can't understand what Onyx said to him. Instead, it looks at Onyx as if he's cannon fodder. The monster swings down its ax, wanting to cut this lowly human up!

 

"Gagagagagagagagagg!" The goblin king starts laughing, thinking it cut down Onyx with such ease. 

 

"Onyx!" Ryan and the rest pale when they see what the goblin king did. They knew it. They shouldn't have come with him at all! They should have escaped when they had the chance. 

 

"Wow, if that would've hit, it would have done damage." Through all this smoke, a calm and surprised voice comes out. The dark expression on Ryan and the rest brighten up hearing his voice. 

 

Onyx didn't do anything flashy. He just took one step back, away from the range of the ax.  

 

The goblin king's expression turns dark. The bug didn't die from his ax. 

 

That stained its pride when he saw how the bug was smiling at it. He was looking down at it. The king swings its ax down again! Anger is driven by its blow this time, making this swing much faster!

 

Dooooom!

 

The crashing sound that came down from the ax was heavy. But it never made contact with Onyx at all! 

 

"What the!" Ryan looks at him in shock. Onyx does the unthinkable and raises his sword to clash with the ax. 

 

"That ax of yours is not maintained at all." Onyx shakes his head. There were chips and cracks all over the weapon. 

 

It was just a matter of time before it would break. 

 

And it was this time. 

 

Onyx pushes his sword into the ax more, breaking it into tiny pieces. With his weapon broken, the goblin king was shocked and in disbelief. 

 

But Onyx doesn't wait for the goblin king to regain his composure as he cuts off one of its hands. 

 

Thank goodness there are no goblin mages here. The only variants in the settlement are strength types. There were a few archers, but their arrows were blunt and dull. 

 

Onyx isn't foolish. He made the call because he knew there was no goblin mage. 

 

If there were mages, he would not have taken the risk of fighting with the goblin king. Even if the goblin mage was weaker than the king, its magic makes up for the difference in strength. Realizing there weren't any, he knew they were easy to take down. 

 

So long, tyrant." Onyx looks down at the goblin king. No, the goblin tyrant. 

 

That thing wasn't a king in Onyx's eyes; using the word king would just sully kings. He swings his sword right down the middle, splitting the tyrant in half. 

 

"..." There is only silence after this. That's how shocked the goblins are. The monsters aren't alone; Ryan and the group can only gasp. The entire fight didn't even last 10 minutes. Onyx took out the goblin king in a cakewalk.

 

"What are you guys doing?! Kill these goblins!" Seeing how the Blue Cats are dazed, Onyx screams out. How can they be out of it in such a big fight?! 

 

Did their brains short-circuit? Hearing his words, Ryan snaps back and starts cutting the goblins down again. The rest followed suit while Onyx dealt with the variants. 

 

It took them ten minutes to finish all the goblins off. 

 

"Hah! We're finally done!" Ryan drops to the ground as he stabs the final goblin. He's exhausted. 

 

And he isn't alone as his comrades lay on the ground like dead people. 

 

How many did we kill? No, how many did he kill? Ryan cannot remember how many goblins he killed. There were too many monsters he killed. But the thing Ryan is more curious about is Onyx. He looks over to see Onyx wiping off the blood from his blade. 

 

How can you be so fine when you fought way more than us?! Ryan can't believe it at all. 

 

Onyx slaughtered more goblins than all four of them combined. He turns over to the four, 

 

"We're not done. Help me collect the corpses and demon crystals." That still needs to be done. 

 

"..." Can't we take a break? And no, they can't. Watching how Onyx started working on the corpses, they get up to work as well. 

...

"Halt! Woah!" A guard was about to stop the five from approaching the gates. But he faltered when he saw the mountain of corpses being dragged on by the wagon. 

 

"Oh, it's you?" The other guard notices Onyx. Seeing the amount, he scratches his head, "When you asked for the cart, I didn't expect you to bring this much back."

 

Onyx smiles, "A lot of monsters were coming after me. But thank you for lending me the cart. I wouldn't be able to bring all this stuff back." At most, Onyx would be able to bring back a tenth of the demon crystals and corpses.

 

"No problem. Just return the cart back after you finish processing your materials." The guard says, letting the five go in with their guild card. 

 

As they drag the cart through the city, all the civilians look at them. Well, the majority are on Onyx. Ryan and the rest were a step away from them.

 

Though, it doesn't take long for them to get to the guildhall. When the group walked into the guildhall, the adventurers gave them a weird look.

 

"Onyx, what do you even do?!" Stewart and the rest of Scarlet Lynx are there too. They're giving an Onyx a weird look too. But more importantly, he notices the four people who are beside him, 

 

"Master?" "Ryan, why are you with Onyx?!" Onyx looks between the two, "You know each other?"

 

Etta explains, "We all came from the same orphanage. Ryan and they are our juniors." 

 

Hearing that, "I see!" Onyx gets why now! Scarlet Lynx. Azure Wolves. And now, blue cats. So that's why they name themselves like that. All of it makes sense now. Ryan's eyes look bright as he looks at Stewart in worship. 

 

Even Stewart gave a wry expression. He knows why Onyx was giving him that face. But he asks again, "So, why are you guys still with him?" The difference in level was high. So why are they hanging out with Onyx?

 

"Well, you see-" Ryan was going to tell Stewart the truth,

 

"They were running away from monsters, and I saved them. They also help me deal with a situation too." Onyx steps in. Hearing his words, Ryan looks at him in shock. 

 

"Just don't go so deep into the forest of death next time." Onyx winks. What he said was true. They did help him take out the goblin king. So they redeemed themselves somewhat.

 

As long as they understand what they did was wrong, that was enough. 

 

"Understood!" Ryan knows what Onyx meant as well. In his heart, he felt really grateful. 

 

"That's good. So I'm gonna cash these in." Onyx doesn't say anymore as he drags the cart towards Madelyn, "I've finished all of my quests and defeated a goblin king and a goblin settlement. Please process all of them."

 

"....You finished all of them?" Madelyn's face turns blue when she hears that. How are you done with all the quests so soon?! She couldn't believe it. But the giant pile of corpses behind him slapped her with the truth.

 

"Also, me and team blue cats defeated the horde of goblins together. I will take the coins from the goblin king, and we'll split the reward from the goblins."

 

"Onyx." Not responding to his words, Madelyn walks out of her counter. Onyx tilts his head, 

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"Kneel?"

 

Huh? Why do we have to kneel? Before Onyx can even ask why, he gets pushed down to his knees!

 

"Didn't I tell you to pace yourself?" Looking at Madelyn's smile, it was the scariest thing.

 

"Yes," Onyx remembers that. 

 

"Then why did you finish all these quests so quickly?!" Madelyn's cold voice cuts through the entire guild hall as she continues, "Do you know when I approved of you taking on all of these quests: I thought you would do it in a few days?"

 

"But the quests were pretty easy." Besides the moles and the unique thunder bear, the rest was simple. 

 

Hearing his words, some adventurers sitting there almost spat out blood. 

 

Pretty easy? Then what are we doing?! Where is the justice?!

 

"Easy? Do you understand how much danger you could have been in?!" Madelyn roars out like a dragon! Everybody backs away from her. The face of a beauty when she's angry is something that shouldn't be said or seen. 

 

Stewart and the rest decide it's best not to say anything and turn their face the opposite way. 

 

"Ahh, but-" 

 

"There are no buts! I'm going to have to drill it into your thick skull about the dangers!" 


Check out my Patreon for Extra chapters ^^

6