Volume 2 Chapter 6: Part 4: Refusal
242 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2 Chapter 6: Part 4: Refusal

 

Onyx doesn't wait for the python to make its move as he charges toward it first! He has to be the one to strike first. No way he can let the python attack him like that again.

 

The python quickly moves its head away, making Onyx's sword clash with the scales of its body.

 

"Tch!" It's smart too. Onyx's expression turns dark.

 

Onyx's aim is at the python's eyes. That way, he could move around easier. And it's the place where he could do lethal damage. 

 

Those black scales make it damn near impossible for me to do anything to its body. Just thinking about it annoyed Onyx. 

 

And the python isn't planning to sit back either. It slithers around, circling Onyx. 

 

The python knows its most vulnerable area. It isn't going to let Onyx target it so easily. 

 

It bobs and weaves around all the trees making his head disappear. The trees and the python's skin blend together, creating a screen. 

 

Hearing the sound coming from all directions confused Onyx. 

 

Where is it going to come out? Left, right, behind, or from the front? There are too many options for python to come out from. 

 

Kreeekkk

 

And then, the ground starts to crack under him! Onyx doesn't even hesitate as he jumps away from where he stands.

 

The python came busting out from the ground! And it doesn't stop there as its head goes back down, waiting for the opportunity to strike again!

 

It's going to keep doing that if I don't do something. Onyx knows it's only a matter of time before he gets done by python. 

 

Boom! The python bursts out from the ground again!. Onyx continues to jump around, thinking about what to do. How is it possible to do something like that? 

 

But then he understands. Onyx's expression brightens as he jumps onto the trees, searching for something.

 

Found you. 

 

Onyx jumps down and slams his sword at the snake's body. The python's body was huge and could blend in with the trees around it. But it was also a weakness. 

 

Because of how big the python's body was, even if it blended in with the surroundings, that didn't mean it wasn't there. 

 

The sword cuts into the body. But it was not deep enough. When are you going to come out? Onyx looks down at the ground and sees no rumbling or movement. 

 

Fine! Have it your way! Onyx continues to slam his sword onto the hide of the beast. 

 

Clink! Clink! Clink! Clink! CLINK!

 

And it works! The last strike Onyx used was effective; it broke the scales. Finally! Onyx knew he could damage the monster if he kept hitting the same spot over.

 

And then, Onyx stabs the python! The entire blade section goes right through like butter. He finally did heavy damage to the monster. 

 

That did the trick. The python reacts to the pain as it blasts out from the ground! It came from behind Onyx, ready to swallow him whole!

 

"Just what I want!" Onyx quickly twirls around, taking the sword out of the body. And using the added speed, Onyx stabs it right into the python's lower jaw!

 

And Onyx isn't done. He digs the sword deep into the python's jaw. 

 

"HISSSSSSSSSSSSS!" The python continues to hiss. But Onyx can hear the anger and contempt from its roar. And, 

 

Clunk. One of its fangs came out. Onyx dug so deep into the jaw that it loosened one of its fangs. The python quickly shakes its head quickly, trying to shake Onyx out. 

 

But the blade is deep into its jaw. 

 

That is the first time something like this managed to injure it.

 

"So now you know what I'm capable of!" Onyx shouts out, and that pisses the python off even more. 

 

The python bites down tightly on the blade. And then, the beast starts to dash!

 

It became a rodeo! Onyx held onto the sword while the python threw him around like a sandbag!

 

"Gah!" Onyx is slammed on the ground and crashes every tree the python slithers across! Do you want to play rodeo? Then fine! Let's play! Onyx places his legs onto the python's body, getting traction. 

 

And then, he pushes down. Bit by bit, the sword slowly creates a bigger opening for its mouth.

 

The python stops moving. Now it's shaking its head, trying to get Onyx off of him. And that works. Onyx lost grip and let go of the sword, causing him to roll around. 

 

Even when Onyx gets flung off, the python continues to shake its head. The sword is still stuck in its mouth. And it refuses to come out as well. 

 

Onyx takes out the two short swords. It's not as strong as the one in the python's mouth. But it is still enough to cause damage! He dashes towards the python, hoping to catch it off guard. 

 

"!" Danger. 

 

He quickly jumps behind a tree. The python spits something from its mouth! It hit the tree and the tree melted! 

 

You have acid? Onyx's eyes turn wide in disbelief. But then it returns back to normal. Why am I not surprised? 

 

It's the most powerful beast in this forest. So why didn't it have a long-range attack?

 

The python continues to shoot out the poison from its mouth, firing it all over the place! Onyx quickly jumps behind a tree for cover. 

 

How long is it going to keep firing? With it continuing to do that, it's going to be annoying. He won't be able to get close to the python. 

 

And I need to stop it from moving around. If the python keeps moving, there's no way he'll have a clear shot. Its body is big and limber, and now it can spit out poison. 

 

Analyzing it is enough to make Onyx's head spin in a circle. But then, 

 

Got it. Onyx quickly starts running. This time, he fires off dark spears at the python! With the python knowing long-range attacks, fighting up close will be his loss. 

 

He doesn't want to get hit by the poison point-blank. 

 

The dark spears do nothing as it breaks after landing on the python's body. Firing those dark spears reveals his position as the beast charges toward him!

 

Really? Seeing this, Onyx doesn't know what to say. But he continues to run for his life. He isn't done as he continues to throw out dark spears. The python did serpentine, dodging it all.

 

"How about this!" Onyx fires off another one. And the target of this one is the sword stuck in the python's mouth. 

 

It's slightly, but the spear managed to knick the sword, shoving it deeper into the mouth.

 

"HISSSSSSSSSSS!" And the python begins to roar out in pain! More blood gushes out from its mouth! 

 

"What? Is a little pain causing you to go this crazy?" Onyx laughs a bit, seeing how the monster is going crazy. And that taunting works a lot. 

 

The python goes crazier and dashes towards Onyx and bashes him in! Onyx went flying again, smashing into a few trees along the way. 

 

"Gahh!" Onyx can feel a couple of his bones break from that attack. His forehead drip blood. But he's calm as he continues to mock, "Did you think that would hurt? That only tickled!" He shouts out like a madman. Then he fires off another group of dark spears, 

 

"Come at me!" The python can't let a lesser being look down at it as it charges again! This game of tag continues. Onyx continues to run, firing off dark spears. 

 

And then, the two came back to the pond. 

 

Onyx's expression looks wry. But he still has a confident smile, "This will be your grave." 

 

The python doesn't understand what he's saying. That doesn't mean it can't tell the contempt on his face!

 

The python opens its mouth again, wanting to eat its food. The beast never expected that this tiny prey would cause so much trouble for him. 

 

"..." And yet, nothing happened. The python's mouth is right in front of Onyx. It's only a few inches away from Onyx's body.

 

"Do you really think I was running around without a plan?" Onyx smiles. He knows he can't beat the python. Not with its size and flexibility. 

 

Focusing on one part will take too much time too. 

 

All of his moves are useless. And that's why he used his wits. Onyx has been running around back and forth, making the python tangle its body around the trees. 

 

He kept firing the dark spears to keep the monster from noticing what he was doing and enraging it.

 

And it works. Because of how angry it was at Onyx, it didn't notice what he was doing. 

 

The python scrims around, wanting to get closer to Onyx.

 

It was so close. Just need a few more!

 

Onyx did a great job making the python knot up like no tomorrow. It shoots out acid. But Onyx dodges it easily. 

 

"No way am I going to let you out!" Onyx doesn't wait for the python to fire another as he slices its eyes!

 

"HISSS!" The python screams out crazily. Never had it been put in such a state before. And that craziness broke through! The trees that it has passed through all broke!

 

Damn. It didn't hold it. Onyx frowns. He thought it would last longer. But whatever the case, he takes a few steps away from it. 

 

The python is blind now. This made Onyx more confident he could win against it now. 

 

One more push. Onyx is going to take it out with his magic this time. But when he fires it this time, something goes wrong!

 

How is it moving like that?! The python serpentines, dodging all of the dark spears! It is as if its eyes haven't disappeared at all!

 

And then, it blitzed toward Onyx! The python encircles Onyx, constricting his entire body! 

 

Damn! Onyx got caught off guard by this. But he can't dwell on it as the python slowly increases its constriction on him! Onyx pushes onto its body, hoping to force its way out.

 

The python's body isn't budging at all. If anything, the beast constricts him even more! 

 

That isn't the only problem. My strength is weakening! Onyx loses grip, and the python takes advantage, strangling Onyx even more!

 

The strength and agility potion is up. And the backlash hit Onyx instantly! It was like a ton of rocks just fell down on his body! 

 

Can't breathe. The python continues to strangle Onyx until all of the air in his lungs are out. 

 

Creak, Creak, Creak. 

 

What's more, his armor got crushed with him, slowly cracking apart. His consciousness disappears as his vision turns black. 

 

I order you as the guild master to my fellow adventurer not to die!

 

Onyx, promise me that you will be with me?

 

In that dark light, Onyx's memories of Vargar, Oliver, and Irene came into his mind! What's more, the image of the woman sitting alone in that cage. Onyx waves up and screams,

 

"No!" He can't die! Not by a monster like this!

 

Onyx scrims around, trying his best to escape. While he does that, the python opens its mouth, ready to swallow him whole. But then, 

 

Snap!

 

"Hiss!" The python instantly loosens Onyx from its grip! And that's because Onyx shot magic right into the snake's mouth.

 

"I am not going down here!" His heart beats fast, and his mind refuses to give a single inch to the snake anymore!

 

Onyx doesn't even wait as he fires off multiple dark spears right at its mouth. Each one: piercing through the mouth and to the back!

 

The python was going to try something again. 

 

But Onyx isn't having any of that! He runs towards the python. 

 

His entire body must have broken bones in all parts of his body. 

 

He doesn't care! Using all the force he can muster, he jumps up and grabs the sword stuck in its mouth! Blood came gushing out from the mouth, yanking the blade out. 

 

And the python fires back. Its mouth readies with acid, aiming straight toward Onyx, 

 

"SHUT UP!" As the python opens its mouth to shoot, Onyx instantly closes it back up, making the acid explode on himself! Onyx pushes down even more!

 

To the first wound! Onyx kept pulling down, causing the wound to open up. 

 

He pulled all the way down to the wound he caused on the body!

 

The python doesn't know what hit it as it drops to the ground. Onyx takes the blade out of the beast's mouth. 

 

I killed it. Thank goodness. But it isn't the time for Onyx to pat himself on the back. He needs it right now. 

 

Must get that flower. Onyx is riddled with wounds. Most of his bones are in the range of broken to super broken. Yet, he slowly limps towards the spider lilies. 

 

All of his injuries are serious. But the flower will heal his wounds for the most part. But he trips and falls to the ground. Keep going. Onyx forces himself, dragging his body towards the flower. 

 

The pond is shallow, which allows Onyx to drag his body in front of the flower. 

 

Dammit! But Onyx's mind was at its limit. The fatigue and blood loss are too much for him. 

 

I'm so close. But Onyx loses consciousness. 

 

His hand falls down onto a spider lily. 

 

What Onyx doesn't know is it was enough. 

 

5