Volume 2 Chapter 7: Part 2: Auction 
262 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2 Chapter 7: Part 2: Auction 

 

"That old fox drives a hard bargain!" Oliver's face is green as he says this. 

 

"You did get something from it, though?" Onyx wry smiles. He returned to the guildhall to see what they had come up with. And he came to see Oliver in such a state. 

 

"I didn't get the good stuff!" The python leather and the spider lilies won't be sold to the guild. The guild got low-level drop items like the demon cores from the mantis and the saber tiger's fangs. 

 

Well, the drops can't be called low-level. But compared to the devil python, the level gap is too high. 

 

"Oh yeah, here's a list of things they will process from the deviled python." Gilbert brought an employee over to have him analyze what would be sold at the auction from the python's body.

 

As Onyx looks at the body parts, his eyes go wide. The skeleton, the fangs. These are the things he found normal to be sold. But the things that came under it are,

 

Eyes, tongue, venom sack, the bladder! Can these things even be sold?! Onyx can't believe these body parts are going to be sold. 

 

"Can the eyes be sold off? I cut them up badly." Onyx slices through the eyes cleanly, if he remembers correctly.

 

"It's fine. The eyes aren't damaged to the point where they can't be sold. This is more than fine." It's common for drop items to be damaged from time to time. 

 

"Those eyes won't go for the same price when they are perfect. But it will be more than enough." The hide is the most important piece of the deviled python. The people will be more focused on that. The eyes are just an added body part full of coins. 

 

"Also, Gilbert and I suggested you should keep one of the three spider lilies." He has more than enough money even without one of them. Having one spider lilies petal would be enough to save his life. 

 

Onyx will have more than enough coins even without selling one. Having a flower would be a lifesaver. Just one petal is enough to save someone from mortal danger.

 

"Understood." 

 

"Now that we have the nitty-gritty done, how did you even meet with a deviled python?" Oliver wants to figure out how Onyx was able to go and defeat a deviled python? With his current abilities, he shouldn't be able to. 

 

"Well, you see." Onyx recounts all the details about what happened. From the monsters running away from something and how the forest with the spider lilies was dark and deathly.

 

"I see." Hearing all of this, Oliver makes an indescribable expression with his frown. But it turns back into a smile as he adds, 

 

"Onyx, didn't I tell you to follow through with the map? That would have gotten you all the materials you need for the 20 platinum coins." Going to where the deviled python lived was dangerous. 

 

Heck, the moment he saw the ground turning black, that should have forced him away. Yet, he continued to go in.  

 

"I know. But there were no monsters around that area. So I just took a gamble." Onyx knows it as well. If I fought another round with the python, I would be five feet under. 

 

How he was able to beat the devil python was beyond him. 

 

The only reason he won is luck.

 

Oliver can only sigh, "Stop doing such dangerous things."

 

"...Understood." Even Onyx knows he has to stop jumping into things like this. 

 

"But good job in coming back alive." Oliver may be angry about what Onyx did. But more so, he's proud that he can beat such a powerful monster.

 

"Also, do you have a suit?" 

 

"Huh?" Why do I need a suit?

 

"The auction house won't let you in without proper attire. There will be nobles from other kingdoms joining in."

 

"Nope. I do not have a suit." Onyx shakes his head. Vargar didn't pack him with any clothes of that sort. It was only spare battle clothing(Basically disposable shirts). 

 

And he didn't carry anything with him as he faked his death. So if he brought anything fancy with him, it might have aroused suspicion. 

 

"Then go to this store. They will make a proper suit for you to wear." Onyx figures it out and hands him a location to go to. 

 

"Understood."

...

"So, this is the place." Looking at the store in front of him, Onyx's surprised by how big the store is. 

 

It was twice the size of Gus's shop. It showed off a lot of different types of clothing through the glass. All of it was fancy and elegant. When he walks into the store, the clerk asks him, 

 

"Welcome to white lotus clothing. What can we do for you?" A female clerk says with a smile, "We have clothing from casual to formal."

 

"I'm looking for a suit."

 

"We have a wide selection of suits. We have many options. Please come with me." The clerk shows Onyx the multiple suits they have. 

 

There's a lot. There are wide selections of suits. Onyx turns back to the clerk, "Can you give me a recommendation." He can't decide what to choose.

 

"Understood!. I will choose the best suit for you!" The clerk's expression brightens. She goes over to the suits and takes one out, 

 

"This one would be perfect for you." The one she takes out is a black suit.

 

It has gold trimming around the outline of the suit. On the right side, there's a gold rose embedded.

 

"This is simple, elegant, and refined. If you wear something like this, you will definitely be the most eye-catching person."

 

"Hold it!" The person who screamed this out was another clerk, "That suit wouldn't fit this young sir."

 

Huh? Onyx makes a confused expression. The clerk helping him makes a dark expression.

 

"I recommend this one to you instead, young sir!" The clerk brings out another suit. But this one is gray, and the embedding is much more extravagant. 

 

"You need to shine out compared to everybody! Show off your beautiful looks! This suit is the perfect one for you." 

 

"Wait! This suit will be better for this young sir!"

 

"No! The one I choose would be better for the handsome young sir!"

 

The moment the second clerk said this, another two clerks came forward. They also brought two suits they thought would look good on Onyx.

 

They've been eyeing Onyx down the comment he came into the store. How could they not? Onyx was too eye-catching not to be stared at. 

 

What do I do here? Onyx scratches his face. Seeing how the four employees are fighting over the suit for him to choose. He doesn't know what to say to this. 

 

"What's going on?! Why are you guys making so much noise?!" Another person came forward, shouting at the four. It's a man with a tired expression on his face. 

 

He hasn't shaved at all, and his eyes look dead. But the four employees shut their mouths as they bow their heads.

 

"Sorry, owner!" The person is the owner of white lotus. He then notices Onyx. His expression turns weird as he stares.

 

Is there something wrong? Onyx realizes his expression too. And then, the person goes up to Onyx and begins to touch his forearms and other parts of his body. 

 

What?! Onyx is too shocked to say anything about what he's doing. But then, the person grabs onto Onyx's shoulders!

 

"I finally found you! My muse!"The guy's expression turns bright. That's what everybody could see. But not for Onyx. What he saw was something entirely different!

 

Scary! What Onyx sees is a crazed look in the owner's eyes. 

 

"Become my muse! Please, I'm begging you!" The crazed look went up a second notch!

 

"What do you mean?!" That's the first thing Onyx has to ask. What does he even mean about muse?

 

"I want you to become my model! You have the perfect proportions. You are the definition of perfection!" 

 

A model? Hearing that, Onyx shakes his head, "I don't want to become a model. I'm only here to buy a suit." There is no need for him to become a model. 

 

"I'll give you a suit for free! A personal custom one! Just become my inspiration!"

 

"Umm," Onyx was going to say something. But he realizes he doesn't know his name. 

 

"My name is Jonan Smith! I'm the owner and the tailor of this store. So will you become my muse?!"

 

"Uhhh, I have to go on adventures. So I don't think I have time to be your muse." 

 

"It's ok! You need to come to my store and try on some new clothes! I'll even give it to you for free!"

 

"..." You are really serious about it? Onyx doesn't know what to say about all of this. The offer is really tempting to him.  

 

"Sure. If it doesn't take much of my time, then fine." Despite Jonan's crazed look, there are no ill intentions against Onyx. 

 

Jonan's expression turns bright, hearing his words, "Understood!" Quickly, he looks over at the suits and hands them to him, "Then can you try these clothes then! I'll make a custom when I see what I'm working with!"

 

"Understood," Onyx says as he takes the suits. It took a few minutes as Onyx came out dressed. The four employees look at Onyx in shock and sparkle. 

 

So handsome. 

 

And they aren't alone as the female customers look at him with blushing expressions. The guys could only grunt at him.

 

"Fabulous! Just absolutely fabulous!" Jonan praises Onyx. And he has a pencil and paper with him as he starts to draw. The fire lit in his eyes was deadly. 

 

"Please try the other one." Onyx nods and dresses in a white suit this time. 

 

"Honey, how about we buy this for you?"

 

"No! Let's not!" How would he be the same as the guy wearing it right now? He would look like dirt compared to him!

 

Onyx can hear a couple talking about getting the same suit. And that's not the first case. Other couples or wives suggest getting the same clothing as well. 

 

Onyx tries on a few more clothing as it lasts a few more minutes. Jonan's expression was bright, "Thank you so much for wearing all of this clothing!" He found new inspiration from Onyx.

 

"It's ok. So how long will it take for my suit to be completed."

 

"I will have your suit done by tomorrow! I promise your suit will be one of my best creations yet!" Jonan shouts out. It would take a couple of days for a custom suit to be made. However, with the drive he has now, he can finish it in one day!

 

"Understood." Onyx doesn't say anything else as he leaves. He has something else he needs to do. He walks over to Gus's workshop. Walking in, he waves his hand at Charles. 

 

"I'll go get the master." Gus came out from the back laughing, "Kid, you came! I thought you weren't going to come over here today."

 

"Hmm, why?"

 

"I thought you would be too embarrassed after the bloody incident!"

 

"..." Onyx's expression darkens, "How did you find out about this?"

 

"Who wouldn't know about this? You're the talk of the city! You know how many people saw you running around like a bloodied fool?" 

 

A lot.

 

There are a lot of people who saw Onyx like that. Gus has the biggest laugh as he knows there's only one person who could do something this foolish!

 

"..."

 

"So, what do you come here for?"

 

"I need you to fix my armor."

 

Now, it's Gus's turn to have a dark expression, "Again? Didn't I tell you to be more mindful?"

 

".....Yeah. But there were complications." 

 

"Let me see."

 

Onyx takes out the armor from his bag, and his expression on Gus turns blank.

...

"Ouch!" The next minute, Onyx got flung out of the store! Onyx shouts, "You didn't need to kick me like that! He was instantly kicked out of the store. 

 

The fury on Gus's face when he saw it was just indescribable. But he still took it. Gus didn't throw him out with his armor. So that meant he was going to fix it. 

 

Now I need to rest.

6