An Apology
65 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there.

I'm not sure if you've seen a billion of these, but if you have, I apologize for that too. Another thing I want to apologise for is the silence I had for a month. I talked to a friend about my story, and it got me thinking for a month. I thought and thought, and before long I realised I stopped writing. Thanks to that conversation, I realised something.

What I truly want to apologise for is posting when I wasn't ready. I rushed and posted my first draft of the story, and with it came a long winded walking simulator that even I wouldn't read. Perhaps some stories work with this, and it's good for world building heavy stories, but my world was generic as they come, so it didn't work. When I could condense a whole 10k word chapter into "He walks around, gets a sword, goes to a guild, meets a dying woman and gets some money, then sleeps in an inn with some other dude," I don't think it's that great. So to those that I promised my story and to those that stumbled upon it and genuinely liked it, I'm sorry to say that this version of TROAW ends here, this is the story where a nameless isekai protagonist dies.

So what now? I'm rewriting the whole damn thing. I've paid for commissions, it's too late to turn back now. I want to improve upon what I have. Don't worry however, I'm keeping a lot of the plot points of the current story and I'm recycling quite a bit. I mostly want to improve on the world. These are my goals for the rework:

  • Hasten the pacing (increase what happens in 10k words by 50%)
  • Create an interesting world that you'd want to learn more about, not necessarily an original one
  • Make chapter 1 a bit more interesting, a hook is good
  • Drop the whole "realism" aspect, because I've realised that it's called fantasy for a reason dammit. I'll let my imagination run through a bit more.
  • Give the protagonist a bit more backbone. He'll have an actual name.
  • New title(?)

When it actually comes out, I've no clue. I will be taking my time, and I will have a proper stockpile so you can enjoy a more or less properly polished story. Once it's ready, I'll start a new webnovel page thingy and post it there, not here.

Anyways, if you read this, thank you. If enough people ask to the see the rest of the story as I have it, I'll put up the rest of what I had. I hope you stick around for the next iteration of the story, and I hope it'll capture your interest. 

2